Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Sep 2024, 18:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 16:42 

The game folder is not 'C:Programme(x86)...
but it is: 'C:spieleAgeOfEmpires'

But I found the problem: I had the version 1.0c, but you need 1.0e.
I downloaded 1.0e an installed it.
Now it works!

Very thanks for this good Widescreen-Patch.
Its very cool to use 1920x1080 on a multiplayer-game,
its a little like cheating,
because you can see more.

Very good Patch! Thanks! :cheers

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 17:43 

Greetings Boekabart,

This post will be a two-parter and some of it may veer towards the weird, but perhaps you can assist me. For this post assume I know nothing about Age of Empires II.

First off, thank you so much for working on this patch for this immortal game. Continuously fighting for support of older titles on newer systems is a very noble pursuit and my hat is off to you for this one.

I understand that I require a no-cd patch for this widescreen patch to work. Could you please direct me to the correct patch or give me its precise name so that I could locate it? Any instructions on that (if required) would be appreciated.

I've stuck to The Conquerors 1.0b for many years now. I once tried 1.0c, but I found some difficulties with it. I know this is somewhat odd, but I've since forgotten exactly why I stick to 1.0b! Which version do you recommend I have for this patch - hell, which version do you recommend in general?

Once I've acquired the no-cd patch I'll return to tell you if I'm having any luck.

Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010, 16:41 

I'm pretty sure this is 1.0e (anti-cheat version of 1.0c) internally checking whether it is 'unchanged' - it isn't, obviously, therefore reporting 1.0c (possibly cheaty version) instead of 1.0e. Only the author of 1.0e can help me with this, I'm afraid...

Thanks for the awesome patch boekabart! :cheers
Its the greatest work for AoC, together with the anticheat. The only problem is they don't work together. lol

Its exactly because of the reason you mentioned, that people can't use it on voobly.
The "version changer" voobly uses (to change into 1.0e or VLY), recognizes the patched Age2_x1 as changed version and replaces it. To my surprise, running a few tests in voobly, if you choose to play a game without the Anti-Cheat shield and NAT, since you re allowed to use the 1.0c version, it works fine! (Of course you have to modify your .bat file and merge it with age2_x1.exe to do that.)

I m afraid writing to voobly admins won't help much, since they ask for $300,00 to incorporate an own widescreen patch/version/option, check it out here (scroll down to the middle of the page).

I guess the only way is to modify the Widerscreen patcher, to not affect the anti-cheat version changer? Wish i d have some clue of how to do this. :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010, 21:31 

Hello,

First thanks for your work, it was really great to enjoy a widescreened Age of Empires II !
I was wondering if you were also planning to do a patch for the first game expansion, The Rise of Rome ?
This would be truly the icing on the cake :D

Thanks again :)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010, 12:39 

Hello, greetings from the Netherlands. :D

First of all, compliments for this mod!

Second, unfortunately I have got some problems with this mod.
I have got AOE II Gold Edition and I installed this mod to "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesAge Of Empires II Gold Edition" and I am running on Windows 7 32 Bits Pro.
When the mod is successfully installed, I get a shortcut on my desktop, when I double click on this I get this error:

My resolution is btw 1920x1080 (Full HD reso).

I hope that somebody could help me...

Many thnx!

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 09:13 

Hello,
I think you need to copy the nocd-file into your age2 folder first (depends on the version you patched the game...1.0, 1.0c or e) and then apply the widescreen-patch again.
The nocd-file is a must-have to get this to work...look at boekabart´s site...maybe there is the exe-file too...
and for me and win7 32bit...i copied the conquerors-exe into the main folder to get this to work...in the age2_x1 folder it didn`t work for me.

AOEWide Rocks :rockout

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2010, 23:23 

Great thnx, that nocd exe file solved the problem!

But how do I set the resolution for AOE?

Edit: the ingame menu is still in 1024x768, but when I start a game its in widescreen, great! Many thnx. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2010, 08:20 

Hey,
firstly thanks for all your time and effort in creating this fix.
I downloaded your latest widescreen patcher from http://boekabart.dyndns.org/aoe2wide/latestpatcher/ and i got it to work with the 1.0 patch but not c or e. Also, after patching and opening AOE to test it, the in-game screen still uses the 1024x768 ratio for the main map, not the 1280x1024 ratio I'm after. Reading through all the pages on this forum you said you did get it to work with 1024x1280. How do I get it work with that ratio? Btw, my screen resolution is 1440x900.
Thanks.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2010, 16:55 

I dont know that for sure, got the same thing here, but while playing the game, the resolution is correctly 1920x108 here. And thats everything what matters for me. :)

Would be nice anyway if that ingame menu would be possible.

Post subject: AOC Widescreen on Voobly
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 20:07 

My setup:
Windows 7 x64.

My steps so far
1) Installed a cracked version of aoe from here:
Code:
http://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?p=41507495#41507495

2) Ran all the patches and fixes by voobly.
3) Dowloaded and ran:
Code:
http://www.boekabart.net/aoe2wide/latestpatcher/AoE2WideSetup.msi

4) Ran AoE2Wide from desktop. See screenshot:

5) Copied "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesAge of Empires IIage2_x1_1.0e_1680x1050.exe" to "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesAge of Empires IIage2_x1"
6) Renamed age2_x1.exe to age2_x1.orginal
7) Renamed age2_x1_1.0e_1680x1050.exe to age2_x1.exe
8) Ran age2_x1.exe, changed the resolution to 1280x1024.
9) Downloaded the AOC W7 color fix and have it running as Killer mode. I uploaded here:
Code:
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/ghz625Y/AOE II TC W7 color FIX.rar

10) Started a single player game. everything looks good! its in 1680x1050! sweeeeet! Very happy with that.
11) Close the game
12) Start age2_x1.exe again and started a single player. Sweeet, verified it worked again
13) Opened up voobly and joined a game. During Launch I get this.

Has anyone got this to work with Voobly in Windows 7 or windows XP? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 38  Next