Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 03:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 16:26 

Hello

I have just got delivery of 2 x Sapphire 4870 1G's

With them Installed + crossfire bridge on them and the TH2GO plugged in the system won't boot.

Symptoms:
No screen at all.
The Fan on the 4870 that's plugged into the TH2GO runs full speed.
Also the 3 green LED's on the 4870 circuit board got out.
The TH2GO led goes from Red to a mix of orange and green.

Will attcach a pic in a bit to show what I mean by the TH2GO LED.

Now I have tried 1 card at a time and Both show the same issue. Also in different slots.

I have a spare Powercolor 4870 512mb that I am selling, tried this and the system boots fine with the TH2GO plugged in.

Tried just with a monitor and the 2 Sapphire's and the system once again boots fine.

Looks like a conflict between the TH2GO and the Sapphire card.

I am currently scanning Google for a solution but can't seem to pin point my particular issue.

Anyone please have any ideas at all, or heard of this issue.

Thanks for any help you can give.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 17:30 

Try hooking your display directly to the card. Failing that remove the second card and try both individually.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 19:01 

Tried just with a monitor and the 2 Sapphire's and the system once again boots fine.

Have done. The monitor (all 3 individually) are fine, As is each card and Both together.

It's a normal working system until I plug the TH2GO.

But the TH2Go works fine on another card....

It's as if the Graphics card is syaing 'what the hell have you plugged me into'

:(

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 00:52 

Do you have links to your exact hardware?

Edit: NM, just checked your sig.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 01:12 

Only thing I can think of is to make sure you are plugging the DVI cable into the DVI port closest to the MOBO on your video card. Weird problem, sounds like you need to contact Matrox.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 14:02 

Only thing I can think of is to make sure you are plugging the DVI cable into the DVI port closest to the MOBO on your video card. Weird problem, sounds like you need to contact Matrox.

Yep.. Tried all kinds of Configs. Have read in another post that someone had an issue because the TH2GO was sensitive to Cable length. Tried original cables. Still no Joy.

Hoping Matrox will come back with something :(

Looking around to see if there is a Firmware update. Apparently 1 guy on a forum was sent one and it fixed his similar issue.

Other than that I may be looking to try a different BIOS on the Video card.... But that's a last resort due to obvious warranty issues :(

Please keep the suggestions coming though.
I am having real trouble getting Sapphire to help due to the nature of it being a 3rd party hardware issue. Although AMD forums reckon it's the card that needs a BIOS update. Why would other manufacturers 4870 work fine...

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 16:39 

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/gxm/windows/th2go/digital/howto1/
Link to the Matrox firmware, may as well give that a shot.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 22:04 

Hello

OK after lots of mails from Matrox, a bit of help from Sapphire this still is not resolved. Neither party can suggest why it's happening.

I can now send the cards back to the supplier.

BUT I still need a solution.

Can anyone defiantly say that they are using a crossfire 4870 X2 or 2x4870 1024mb cards with the Analogue triplehead2go?

Which ones work so I can try and order a known good solution.

Thanks

Post subject: ;)
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2009, 16:06 

hi m8 i can tell u the trippehead2go digitsal with 2x 4870 in crossfire works i have done it myself.
and now i have bought a ati4870x2 and a 4870 in xfire that works as well.
just make sure u plug the th2go into the main card slot 2 the 1 away from the case. hope this helps.

Post subject: Re: ;)
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 01:43 

hi m8 i can tell u the trippehead2go digitsal with 2x 4870 in crossfire works i have done it myself.
and now i have bought a ati4870x2 and a 4870 in xfire that works as well.
just make sure u plug the th2go into the main card slot 2 the 1 away from the case. hope this helps.

Thanks.. I am getting another Powercolor to crossfire them.

Update maybe it will help someone:

My problem was weird... I could get the system to boot with 1 of the Sapphires as a slave and the Powercolor as master.. :S

The 2 Sapphires would not boot with the trippy plugged in, crossfire or singularly in any slot..

Got nowhere with Sapphire support.
Matrox were alot more help but couldn't resolve the issue.

Tried other makers BIOSES (XFX, ASUS Etc.) and strangely NON would work. Either graphic corruption of no boot...
Stranger still other Bioses work on the Powercolor

Makes me think there is something a bit wierd with the new Sapphire board and the way it's configured. TH2GO owners be aware...

Still got them refunded... Just lost the postage costs.

Will be getting another Powercolor end of month as my Fallout 3 frame rate is lousy with everything cranked up.. :P

Thanks for all the help peeps.

Now.. If only I can work out how to change the UI in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Oblivion Lost (FOV Switcher don't work) Before I buy ClearSkies. I want to play all the way through on the Trippie :D