Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 22 Oct 2024, 20:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 04:41 

So what's your single core Tanuki and what frame rates do you get?

When you are just running around it hovers around 50. When all hell breaks lose it can get as low as 20.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=14308

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 07:34 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxw91PSTRq8

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 08:18 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxw91PSTRq8
LOL, except for the Kangaroo robots I could get into a mod like that! The one thing that makes me wonder if AC is worth my while is the forced used of stealth like in Hitman, Double Agent, etc. I like to have bloodier more action filled options to explore, especially in a game where you can climb anything pretty quickly to escape then dive 30' down onto a hay cart and get lost in a crowd.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 12:13 

[quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxw91PSTRq8
LOL, except for the Kangaroo robots I could get into a mod like that! The one thing that makes me wonder if AC is worth my while is the forced used of stealth like in Hitman, Double Agent, etc. I like to have bloodier more action filled options to explore, especially in a game where you can climb anything pretty quickly to escape then dive 30' down onto a hay cart and get lost in a crowd.

You never really have to use stealth, it's just harder to fight, supposedly... but not really because combat is pretty simple in AC.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2008, 02:05 

Someone do a DR for this game so I am not tempted to buy it.

I am not feeling AC right now. Maybe in a few months.

Get cracking.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2008, 04:47 

[quote][quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxw91PSTRq8

You never really have to use stealth, it's just harder to fight, supposedly... but not really because combat is pretty simple in AC.Yeah, you don't HAVE to use stealth in a lot of stealth games, but you're usually so penalized for not using it you comply. Like in Hitman 2 you can avoid stealth, if you want to be gang attacked by mass amounts of enemies using poor aim, cover and run mechanics, only to get a mass murderer rating after completing the mission, blowing any chance of unlockables.

In Assassin's Creed you can probably add a slide show to the above tradeoffs of not using stealth because Ubi rather sucks at optimizing their games, the required spec tends to show that.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2008, 22:45 

I just bought this.

I hate you all.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2008, 00:55 

Great game... native WS support except it shows bars for 16:10 resolutions.

Game forces DX10 on compatible machines though, which is annoying.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2008, 05:37 

Hello. I am currently working on this DR.

Thanks.

If you want DR credit for the Insiders feel free to steal mine.

Have a nice day.

:evil:

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2008, 07:38 

I just bought this.

I hate you all.
LOL, what exactly do you mean, troubles getting decent frame rates? I read last night that a rig that plays Crysis at respectable frame rates on Medium settings bogs down even on Low settings in Assassin's Creed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next