Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 06:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Hellgate London
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2007, 11:48 
Editors
Editors

I'm not the person that complained mate :lol:

I tend to use whatever's default :P Gonna install it now n check it out.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2007, 16:25 

I'm not the person that complained mate :lol:
OOPS, sorry, the post has been "edicated". LOL

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2007, 22:05 

Thank god for that, the NDA is finally off.

They have stripped ultra basic base game elements like hardcore difficulty, storage space size, character slots etc just to try and make the subscription seem valuable.

Order cancelled.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2007, 06:48 

Ok so I gave it another shot with the demo and well, I love this game now. Still not a buy but hopefully if they keep developing the game through patches (Much like how Guild wars and World of Warcraft are drastically different today then they were when they first came out) It could be a buy one day.

Still cant rebind some things, checked the settings file and they are the same as the in game GUI.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2007, 15:55 

OK, after playing the Hellgate demo, I can comment on it. IMO the game falls FAR short of what they make it look and sound to be in the trailers. The map variety is a huge weak spot with several of it's elements merely reproduced to make it look larger. The graphics are terrible and so is the gameplay. This is basically a penny arcade shooter/slasher that tries to look intelligent with some RPG chatbox character interaction.

Furthermore it really has no daunting look, feel, or sound of a Hell ravished London. You're more likely to struggle to maintain an interest in it than brace yourself for any intended fear. The whole time I was playing it I couldn't help but think this is no more than a bargain bin game very outdated in it's look and gameplay. Sorry Flagship but if I want to play an arcadish shooter/slasher battling demons I'll go for the new Painkiller Overdose over this any day.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 10:59 
Editors
Editors

Im in the beta and must say to the defense of the game the beta is much better than the demo because of the extra classes and weapons and stages.

The retail will have even more. I do agree the game is repetitive tho. However thats what the game is supposed to be. Its not a 1 time thru FPS game its a kill stuff over and over for loot kind of game.

It was targeted mainly at diablo fans I believe so thats what they wanted mostly.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 16:36 

I just downlaoded the demo and played it. Wow this is bad. I can see where it could be fun, reminds me of Diablo II hack 'n Slash but in the future w/ guns.

But the graphics are shit. Compared to what I've seen in Crysis and UT3, this has a long way to go. I'm not talking about DX10, I'm talking about DX9 graphics. Don't even know if this game supports DX10.

Also, there are alot of problems. All of the player models, including me, NPCs, and the enemys are invisible, but you can still see them becasue of shaders. This game will also lock up wile in the menus (only in menus). Have to get lucky to get in the game without crashing.

Uninstalled for now. Maybe when I see retail on mininova will I give it another shot.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 17:43 

I agree with that. I as getting crappy fps, and not much at all in return. Bioshock on high gave me better fps, and looks better. Crysis Beta gave me about the same fps, and looks loads better.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 20:38 

To me this was a complete failure.

The graphics literally looked like developers took one 3 or 4 window wide block and duplicated it to make one side, and copies THAT to make the other.

To me, it feels like you're put into a cardboard channel. I can picture how this would look if you zoomed the camera up.

It runs horribly and the environment just seems like it was put together in 5 minutes.

Shame too, I was really looking forward to this.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 22:39 

...Shame too, I was really looking forward to this.
Exactly my feelings. When I first saw the trailers, I thought that this had HUGE potential.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next