Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 05:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 17:30 

Hi everyone,

I have two monitors and a 7800 GTX. One is 16:10 (1680x1050) and One is 4:3 (1600x1200). I set the 4:3 as the primary display, because games like Battlefield 2 and Bioshock don't support wide screen correctly. When I play games in full screen, the game always run on the primary screen. I wonder.. Without changing primary/secondary display setting in Nvidia control panel, Is there an easy way to switch to play full screen between the displays?

Thanks in advance. I am sorry if this question has been asked, I tried searching via Google but no luck.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 18:06 

You want something easier than a couple of clicks?
If you have both monitors plugged in, then unplug the monitor you are not going to use. Should be faster.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 18:22 

You want something easier than a couple of clicks?
If you have both monitors plugged in, then unplug the monitor you are not going to use. Should be faster.

Thanks for your response. The thing is every time if my primary/secondary setting is changed, icons on my desktop will be re-arranged. That is why it is not just as easy as couple clicks for me.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 19:22 

Have you tried right click on the desktop, then Arrange Icons By, then untick where it says Auto Arrange, and then arrange your icons?

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 19:38 

Have you tried right click on the desktop, then Arrange Icons By, then untick where it says Auto Arrange, and then arrange your icons?

:lol: That is not what I meant by re-arranging. I have a habit of putting icons in different groups, all application shortcuts at left side of screen, gaming shortcuts at the right. "Arrange Icons" would put all icons at the left and mixed them up.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 21:14 

I don't think you got what I was saying.

If you UNTICK where it says Arrange Icos By and Auto Arrange, so that NOTHING is selected there with a tick, then you go and arrange your icons as you want, they should stay there for good.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 21:55 

I don't think you got what I was saying.

If you UNTICK where it says Arrange Icos By and Auto Arrange, so that NOTHING is selected there with a tick, then you go and arrange your icons as you want, they should stay there for good.

Once desktop resolution is changed (by reset primary/secondary setting), icons will be rearrange regardless "Auto Arrange" is checked or not.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 03:32 

I use like...Ctrl ~ but thats with Ultramon...and you have no guarentee the game won't crash.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2007, 13:25 

I use like...Ctrl ~ but thats with Ultramon...and you have no guarentee the game won't crash.

Thank you so much, that is the kind of solution I am looking for, thank you so much!