Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 22 Oct 2024, 22:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2007, 20:31 

If you have a center monitor with dual inputs (DVI and VGA) you can connect it to the TripleHead2Go AND to a secondary output of your graphics card, at the same time. Then you can play at singlehead resolution whenever you want. You only need to switch primary display setting in Windows Display Properties before starting the game.

Personally, I don't even play the games that don't support Surround Gaming, so this is not a problem for me.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2007, 21:25 
Insiders
Insiders

If you have a center monitor with dual inputs (DVI and VGA) you can connect it to the TripleHead2Go AND to a secondary output of your graphics card, at the same time. Then you can play at singlehead resolution whenever you want. You only need to switch primary display setting in Windows Display Properties before starting the game.

Personally, I don't even play the games that don't support Surround Gaming, so this is not a problem for me.

I run SLI so I believe only one port outputs the SLI-enabled graphics.

I'll be using dual DVI input monitors....

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 01:02 

Argh ....

I'm teetering on the edge now as I write this... :)

Not that I'm likely to receive a reply, however I emailed Matrox to find out:

1. How such a simple, obvious issue was missed in their own development / QA cycle.

As previously stated, there really is no way they can claim this to be an "issue". It was simply missed, one port of three, and they decided to hardcode the wrong one. We here on the forum are not like the general public or we wouldn't be here WS / surround gaming to begin with.

and

2. How this might be addressed, and redressed for those who may have the unit already.

I don't expect an answer that would appease, but if I receive one I'll post it.

In addition I asked about possible bezel management features to be added to the analog edition, it would seem to me that that type programming could be accomplished, but if hardware, again, then I'll live with it.

So here I am, I've got one in hand... but not yet going to open it up. Looking at it after bouncing it off an i,mpartial techie friend of mine, it came down to:

Although I might upgrade to DVI capable LCD's, I'm not really gaining much by going to the Digital right now (Which I knew hardware wise)

Bezel management - well, if I'm going to spend $300+ just for that, then the thing better be setup to single display on the middle monitor (Let's face it, to what market of those using a three monitor setup would EVER say "Hey, let the single be off to our left"?

Lastly, if I keep it and by the tron gods they deciode to come out withy something else that addresses it, more than likely based upon support given so far (Hey Matrox - If you still HAD a user forum, you might have received feedback to prevent this single monitor issue in the first place, but personally I think you ignored even your own techs ....) that it would not be redressed to those of us who got it earlier.

For the wait, and the $300+ cost, the verbage just escapes me at this issue, and keeping it just in the end seems to say "Ok, we'll take what you give us..." THAT IS THE POINT. THEY NEED TO KNOW THEY SCREWED UP.

So, basically I have flipped, I'll wait for the response from Matrox for a reasonable period of time, and then more than likely returning the Digital.

I can: Always go to a dual card or triple card system or buy it later if I want to actually give it a shot.

Part of me thinks that any of us here who has one should return it, that "kinda" sends a strong market response to the manufacturer in itself.

I have one happy thought though, that is that my Ergotron LX stand arrives tomorrow! :lol:

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 21:25 
Insiders
Insiders

I called Matrox today to find out about availability of the TH2Go (mid August right now).

I then asked the saleman to confirm the issue about the left-most monitor being the primary display when not playing in TH2Go mode.

He was not sure so went off to check. When he returned, he confirmed the problem and said it was being looked into as they had received several inquiries about this problem.

I would urge people to write them and make it clear that this is something that needs to be fixed and that it will preclude you from purchasing the product.

It seemed that they were caught somewhat unaware which points to the fact of shoddy Q&A.... but hopefully something that is reversable.

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 21:51 

I've definately decided I'm going to send mine back, I can wait to see how this falls out. However letting them know why I'm sending ti back to me sends as powerful a message as those of us who should write to say it is a preclude to buying it ...

Wazoo,

If you want one, I wouldnt worry about matrox direct availability.

http://www.provantage.com

You can have one quickly, as I ordered mine last Sat, and have it at home right now. (Depending on your physical location of course).

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 22:00 
Insiders
Insiders

I've definately decided I'm going to send mine back, I can wait to see how this falls out. However letting them know why I'm sending ti back to me sends as powerful a message as those of us who should write to say it is a preclude to buying it ...

Wazoo,

If you want one, I wouldnt worry about matrox direct availability.

http://www.provantage.com

You can have one quickly, as I ordered mine last Sat, and have it at home right now. (Depending on your physical location of course).

I agree. A return is a strong message. If word gets out widespread about this problem, I truly believe they will be forced to change it as it truly is a fundamental flaw in the unit which is keeping me from purchasing.

Provantage, btw, is out of stock as well and is shipping directly from Matrox so I assume they are Mid-August as well.

I did, however, order the Ergotron LX stand from Provantage and look forward to messing with it and my new HP LP2065 monitors.

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2007, 13:18 

Sorry to hear they were out, of course if you're now waiting, it's a non issue.

I love this stand! However ... Man it is large.

Anticipate having your monitors "forward" a few inches due to how this base sits vs individual stands.

I've been putting off getting a new desk for a while, now is an opportunity.

I do like the fact that the screens are now up higher, easier on the neck :wink:

Definately a good buy.