Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 22:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 16:50 

[quote]lol check the reactions ...

[quote]New York appalled with GTA IV setting

"Setting Grand Theft Auto in the safest big city in America would be like setting Halo in Disneyland," says Councilman

The New York Daily News reported "Grand Theft Auto is set in a mythical city that bears a striking resemblance to New York." Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly isn't one bit impressed. "It's despicable to glamorize violence in games like these, regardless of how far-fetched the setting may be."

Jason Post, a spokesman for Mayor Bloomberg, put the final nail in GTA IV's coffin: "The mayor does not support any video game where you earn points for injuring or killing police officers."

Man thats sad really.. the safest city in America!
:? ............. :roll:

Aside from your misquote, what is so sad about this?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 05:10 

That you made an account to ask that?

New York isn't really a safe city...

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 05:33 

That you made an account to ask that?

Key word... "Big" city

Almost every city smaller than it is probably safter

LA and Chicago probably arent too safe :P

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 09:44 

[quote]That you made an account to ask that?

Key word... "Big" city

It doesn't really matter though does it. Its still not an extremely safe city compared to any others, no city is safe. Wether it says "Big" or not isn't my point, its the fact that they are trying to make New york sound really safe when its not. It was said to back up what they were saying about GTA 4. Its not like the councilman would say anything bad about NY. Its there way of protesting the game and I though it was a dumb thing to say.

".....Setting Halo in Disneyland" Thats pretty funny, and stupid at the same time.

What I want to know is why Boss Tweed made an account just to ask that question... :? Its pretty Obvious.....

Either way... Who really cares? :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 17:49 

[quote][quote]That you made an account to ask that?

Key word... "Big" city

It doesn't really matter though does it. Its still not an extremely safe city compared to any others, no city is safe. Wether it says "Big" or not isn't my point, its the fact that they are trying to make New york sound really safe when its not. It was said to back up what they were saying about GTA 4. Its not like the councilman would say anything bad about NY. Its there way of protesting the game and I though it was a dumb thing to say.

".....Setting Halo in Disneyland" Thats pretty funny, and stupid at the same time.

What I want to know is why Boss Tweed made an account just to ask that question... :? Its pretty Obvious.....

Either way... Who really cares? :lol:

Why should you care why I make an account? I've been reading these forums for quite some time and have learned quite a bit - but, frankly, you couldn't be more wrong.

What do I know? I just lived there for nearly thirty years and so the city evolve. I just have friends and family that have served the city in the NYPD and FDNY. I myself have been the victim of violent crime.

But that's all subjective.

NYC is the safest big city in America, according to FBI statistics. It's safe by almost any standard, as a matter of fact.

But hey - what do the FBI know about crime?

Tell me, Apple. Enlighten me - what makes you think NYC isn't safe? I've laid my cards on the table, now it's your turn.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 23:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Silence, children.

you're digressing. It does not matter what the setting is as it's too late to change it..Screw the real NYC in the ear for the time being and discuss the frickin' game.

I'm sure once you start playing you will see just how safe Liberty City is.
(it IS LC again, right?)

I just want news on PC versions..

WTC mod anyone? with collapsable models, of course.
I'll bet that'll be one of the first mods to come out.... just you see.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 00:28 

Wow...

This thread has devolved.

Boss: why are you taking any comments towards NYC so personally? NYC, while probably not as bad as it was 30 years ago, is hardly devoid of crime. All large cities are pretty damn crime ridden. If someone were to make fun of Los Angeles, I would probably be the first to join in. LA has crime, shallow rich people, and plastic Hollywood. Nothing to be overly proud of.

And isn't this game set in Liberty City? If anything, you should get your panties in a bunch about games like Spiderman 3. It actually depicts crime going on in the "Safest City EVA, NYC".

Back to the thread's topic... I hope the game is good. I kinda think the GTA series was close to getting to the "Tomb Raider-money farming machine" level. Several sequels using the same engine with little to no innovation. The new engine looks great though. I hope it is as entertaining as Saint's Row.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 06:48 

Why should you care why I make an account? I've been reading these forums for quite some time and have learned quite a bit - but, frankly, you couldn't be more wrong.

What do I know? I just lived there for nearly thirty years and so the city evolve. I just have friends and family that have served the city in the NYPD and FDNY. I myself have been the victim of violent crime.

But that's all subjective.

NYC is the safest big city in America, according to FBI statistics. It's safe by almost any standard, as a matter of fact.

But hey - what do the FBI know about crime?

Tell me, Apple. Enlighten me - what makes you think NYC isn't safe? I've laid my cards on the table, now it's your turn.

My goodness... Its pretty obvious you made an account just to start trouble.

No city is safe ok... thats it! The qoute by the councilman was a ridiculous thing to say in my opinion and its all in protest of an awesome game! The game isn't even set in NY for crying out loud!

Stop getting you nickers in a knought just because I said its not safe... I think NY is an awesome city and plan to visit it sometime in my life. Its not the city its what they said in protest of the game thats annoying....

Now please just leave this thread alone!

GTA 4!!!! (Like nintendo kid! :P )

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2007, 19:57 
Editors
Editors

As promised, the new GTA IV trailer is live!

Official Streaming = http://www.rockstar.com/IV

Gamershell Mirrored Download = http://www.gamershell.com/download_19876.shtml

Oooo the anticipation :D

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2007, 05:43 

Yeah man its looking awesome!

I love how he kicks the door in and the lock breaks. He is wearing a helmet when on a motorbike, wonder if thats going to happen all the time now?

The Black Hawk chopper looks like fun to pilot, and the Stallion he's driving for most the trailer looks great.

Wonder if that is PS3 or Xbox 360 footage, or a mix of both. I think they will most likely look the same anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next