Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Oct 2024, 16:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Total Overdose
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2006, 00:18 

the game is not very god... but its fun (i like the music ;)

in order to enter a custom resolution (the game dosent suport widescreen and widescreen resolutions) you have 2 modify registry
hkey_curent_user - software; eidos; total overdose and enter thevalues that youwhant in xres e yres variables (eg. 1360 ; 768)

to avoid that each yime you enter options in game menu that values are reverted just make read only the file: C:Documents and Settingsusermy documentsTotal Overdosesavegamesslot11. the files slot1 to slot10 are your save games so dont put that files read only :)

the file slot11 is not in ascii, so I cant change fov in order to get widescreen ingame... if someone can dig a little and find a solution....

I tried to post this solution (whell half solution) in other thread but I cant post there...

sorry again about my english (i'm not plain stupid just can't write properely in english ;)

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 09:29 
Editors
Editors

Do you not find that the crosshair is off center when you do this ... ?

Please can we have some screenshots of the game in the same place ...
One at 3:4 and one in widescreen.

Thank you ...

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 17:24 

sorry but prtscrn key is disabled ingame... and the game dont let you define any key (e.g. f12) to take a screenshoot... (I dont have any utility installed to do yhis right now...

the cross (circle) is 1 inch to the right of character in 16:9, but is the same in 4:3 ithink thats because the character is to big and you cant put the cross in the «correct» place, but when you «dodge» the cross is centered w/ character...

Maybe I dont explain myself correctly, in my set i get allways a 16:9 streched image even when a chose a resolution in the game menu that is not 16:9 (e.g. 800x600 or 1024x768) to get a 4:3 ratio (the correct one) I have to use my tv remote and chose 4:3...

The tweack I write just enable you to use your NATIVE lcd resolution and have a better resolution image - but still STREACHED

if you realy need badly the jpg's pls reply and i try to download somme sort of freeware to take the shoots.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 17:28 
Editors
Editors

FRAPS is what you need ... http://www.fraps.com/

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 20:22 

i got the pictures but I can't uploaded in forum :( I usualy participate in a forum that have the same «engine» and there are a option to upload files...

But I have a bad news... my pics are in 1024x768... and I check the registry again and is reverted to 1024 (I manualy input 1360...) and the file that have the config (slot11) are still read only.... (when i delete the file the keys revert to default and resolution go also to default...)

So I'm sorry because I'm wrong... maybe the regestry fields get writed by the config file (not in ascii...) and not otherwise...

:oops:

I don't recheck the 1st time because I «abandoned» the game because
I hate the distorced image...

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 20:41 
Editors
Editors

I thought that would be the case which is why I asked for screenshots ... :wink:

If you had done a search you would have know this ... a couple of us mentioned it here ...
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15673&highlight=total+overdose#15673

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 22:15 

i search the ws solutions and not the whole forum... your links to the pics doesnt work anymore... what you mean with the cross is of centre? do you manage to enter a custom resolution? how? I realy can't see a diference bt the game in my 4:3 lcd and the 16:9

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 22:44 
Editors
Editors

Try again ... they should be working now ... :d

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2006, 14:52 

tks, now i can see the images but i can't see the «cross» in both images!! so i cant see the problem. Also you stated that you managed to use «nfsmwres.exe» to change resolution in TOD... what i get is a ini file (i renamed to tod.ini) and no luck...

also your screenshoots are not streached and i get the game streached... can you explain in more detail what have you done to run the game in a custom resolution AND ws ? and why that solution is not in «Master game List» ?

The program is just a visualbasic compiled exe that create the ini file to nfsmw? can you pass variables to program in prompt?? the only file in TOD that i find that is related to customazing the game is «slot11» and is not in ascii and is not located in main game folder.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2006, 15:25 
Editors
Editors

Hello ...
Look at the screens again ... the whole HUD is off to the left ... :(

Also you stated that you managed to use «nfsmwres.exe» to change resolution in TOD...

No I said ...

I did managed to get ArtMoney to enable 1920x1200 using the same method as for NFS-MW...
BUT the HUD and crosshair are off centre ... :( :roll: ... so it is almost un-playable ... :(

Check the NFS-MW solution thread again ... for the ArtMoney solution ... 3rd post ... :wink: