Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 06:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: STALKER info ...
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2007, 10:24 

Your welcome Paddy.

My favorite new mod isn't actually on the mod page I posted above--it's called the SagerSTALK Balance Mod - the guy who made it tweaked a number of things and incorporated some other good mods (real weapon names, improved english text, etc) into it as well ...

Here's a link to download sager's mod if you want to check it out:

http://files.filefront.com/SagerSTALKb1rar/;7085274;/fileinfo.html

Cool thing is it doesn't permanently alter anything - if you decide you don't like it, just delete the folder ...

From the readme:

SagerSTALK Beta 1

* The purpose of these changes are to better balance the game, without making it more difficult. The game should feel more realistic in someways (such as weapon damages) and more rewarding in others (once it area is cleared, it will stay cleared for awhile).
* Beta 1 Changelist
* Impact of bullets reduced. This means that there is less 'bounce' to an enemie's body when they die. No practical game effect.
* Tracer effect removed from all ammunition types.
* Integrated Raw’s Revamp for updated game text that makes more sense in English.
* Armor is slightly less expensive, slightly more protective against bullets, and wears out about half as fast due to bullet damage. This may still be too quickly, so it may be reduced again
* Increased eye height of chacter to correct level. May reduce if this causes problems with geometry.
* Integrated V2 of Kyodan’s realistic weapon names
* Increased respawn times significantly – respawns should take about an hour
* Rebalanced all guns and ammunition to be more realistic (and basically consistent with ballistic gelatin tests)
* Reduced the amount of bullet damage the player takes at all difficulty levels to account for somewhat increased weapon damage
* Rebalanced the hit points of common mutants
* Decreased the noise a character makes when sneaking.
* Rebalanced the amount of damage that stalker, bandits, soldiers and zombies take
* Slightly increased the minimum aim time of bandits, stalkers and soldiers for less bulls-eye snapshooting. (I will do this for zombies when I can find where)
* Slightly increased the amount of bullet damage that all armor takes

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2007, 18:22 

Hmmm, that new mod sounds very interesting Blinky. I may just have to try it. Has anyone tried the head-bob mods out there yet? Any thoughts?

I see Paddy is already busy helping out at the Oblivion-Lost forums too :)

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2007, 18:31 
Editors
Editors

Has anyone tried the head-bob mods out there yet? Any thoughts?
... :wink: ... :lol: ... not that I would ever want to remove head-bobing ... it adds to the immersion!

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2007, 18:57 

I'm not dead set against it, just thought it would be nice to try. I thought it might help my eyes from tiring out so much, but then again I was playing FAR too long last night!

One other simple question I forgot to ask before--do these mods directly affect multiplayer?

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2007, 19:08 
Editors
Editors

I... I was playing FAR too long last night!
... got you hooked eh ? ... it is a bit like that ... :mrgreen:

One other simple question I forgot to ask before--do these mods directly affect multiplayer?
... no idea ... I don't play MP as my internet is wireless and has a very bad ping ... :( ... it is great for anything but gaming.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2007, 19:31 

I'm not dead set against it, just thought it would be nice to try. I thought it might help my eyes from tiring out so much, but then again I was playing FAR too long last night!

Afraid I don't know either, crowing.

The GSC (developer) Stalker forum is finally back up - it was down for like a week. They have their own modding subforum too.

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2007, 01:09 

Anyone at the Warehouse army base? How the FUCK do you turn off that god damn siren blaring ... infinite number of soliders keep spawning.. OMG.. HELP!!!

Sorry for swearing but im PISSED!!!!

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2007, 11:38 

Anyone at the Warehouse army base? How the [I have a limited vocabulary and resorted to profanity to make my point] do you turn off that god damn siren blaring ... infinite number of soliders keep spawning.. OMG.. HELP!!!

Sorry for swearing but im PISSED!!!!

Start Spoiler [select to make visible]:
It's on top of the main building's roof so stand back....Aim Fire...now you have a busted siren & your problem solved ;)
End Spoiler

Modedit: text color changed to hide spoiler. Watch on own risk. :wink:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2007, 13:16 

You guys! :shock: No spoilers! :x Please edit the previous post and send a private next time. :wink:

:roll:
EDIT - Thank lads!

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2007, 16:35 
Editors
Editors

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl Tweak Guide ... over at TweakGuides.com ... 8)

http://www.tweakguides.com/STALKER_1.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next