Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 11:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2005, 02:15 

so is the problem being brought on by the game protection (safedisk4)??

Post subject: NFS: Most Wanted
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2005, 03:08 

OMG I'm the happiest person alive!!!!!!!!! TELL US HOW TO HACK IT...I'm a newb at memory hacking or whatever, please please please, I'll pay you...just tell me how to get widescreen! I downloaded artmoney but I have no f'ing clue what to do from there man!

-Dash out

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2005, 07:57 

I guess I understand how fuc847 does it. (correct me if I am wrong Fuc847)

basiclly you need a universal game cheater/trainer (e.g FPE2000, gamemaster ... a lot of them are share/freeware I believe) which people used to use in order to change the amount of money or amor in games

those cheaters can search in the memory for certain numbers and change it to other values, (same even attempt to "lock" the value by checking it back every few seconds), that is why it can be used to search and change the res here

after you get one of such trainer,
firstly, you start the game as normal
then you alt-tab to jump out of the game and start the trainer

now searching for your resolution (e.g 768 when you set res to 1024x768) in the memory
it will return for several memory addresses
then change you resolution to another value (800x600 for instance), then search 600 in those returned memory address and now you might able to find out the address store the res value!

now onlything you need to do is to mod the value stored in that address through the cheater just like what you did when you change the money in game.

I currently not in town so I can't try this method on my desktop, but I believe it workable theoretically

the disadvantage is also obvious: you have to repeat all the above everytime you want to play, (some trainer have a save function, but it clearly won't work for encrypted game), so I don't think this is a good work around

Post subject: ya
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2005, 08:28 

I was thinking since the .exe is decrypted when its loaded into ram why cant it just be edited in memory but it looks like it can, only problem is it needs to be done every time. A trainer built that launches the game then cracks it all automaticly might work if someone could build it, sort of a launcher.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2005, 09:56 

yes ur right, thanks for elaborating. And yes, you would have to do it everytime BUT you dont have to if u know how to make trainers.

This is actually quite powerful if you can find the FOV value also, allows true widescreen in many games that dont support true ws

I guess I understand how fuc847 does it. (correct me if I am wrong Fuc847)

basiclly you need a universal game cheater/trainer (e.g FPE2000, gamemaster ... a lot of them are share/freeware I believe) which people used to use in order to change the amount of money or amor in games

those cheaters can search in the memory for certain numbers and change it to other values, (same even attempt to "lock" the value by checking it back every few seconds), that is why it can be used to search and change the res here

after you get one of such trainer,
firstly, you start the game as normal
then you alt-tab to jump out of the game and start the trainer

now searching for your resolution (e.g 768 when you set res to 1024x768) in the memory
it will return for several memory addresses
then change you resolution to another value (800x600 for instance), then search 600 in those returned memory address and now you might able to find out the address store the res value!

now onlything you need to do is to mod the value stored in that address through the cheater just like what you did when you change the money in game.

I currently not in town so I can't try this method on my desktop, but I believe it workable theoretically

the disadvantage is also obvious: you have to repeat all the above everytime you want to play, (some trainer have a save function, but it clearly won't work for encrypted game), so I don't think this is a good work around

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2005, 13:47 

*cough* *cough* Someone had a look at my NBA Live 2006 solution :P

Pitty it doesn't work right on NBA Live 06. Since i been sick i couldnt be bothered dragging my PC to my TV, heavy monster, 20kg+ to try NFSMW.

But at least we know this method works :)

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2005, 14:30 

Sorry, for the previously broken images, my personnal server had lost his WiFi connection to my router and my playing rig is wired to the server, with an alias in the hosts file to direct me to the local IP of the server. So I can not spot if the server external connection is up or down.

Anyway, what was explained just above is exactly what should be done. Here is how I did it with ArtMoney.

1 - Start ArtMoney
2 - Start NFSMW
3 - Set res to 800x600
4 - Alt+tab to ArtMoney
5 - Using the left button, search for 800
6 - Alt+Tab to NFSMW
7 - Set res to 1024x768
8 - Alt+tab to ArtMoney
9 - Using the second button, filter for 1024
10 - you should 10 to 20 matchings fields, pass all of them to the right part of the screen using the arrow in the middle
11 - Using the left button again, search for 768.
12 - Alt+Tab to NFSMW
13 - Set res to 800x600
14 - Alt+Tab to ArtMoney
15 - Using the second button, filter for 600. Again, you'll get from 10 to 20 matching fields
17 - Pass them on the right side of the screen.
18 - Replace all 800 by 1680 and 600 by 1050 (or your prefered screen res)
19 - Alt+Tab to NFSMW
20 - Enjoy

Actually, the FOV is 100% correct. The streched UI is the only "prob" but you'll quickly get used to it. Actually, it feels weird at the beginning if you've played with the 4:3 version. I'm at 49% game completion so far and when switching to 16:10, I had trouble finding the info on the screen because it was to wide :) ... or just wider than I was used to.

When I played the demo, I played exclusively in 16:10 and had no prob playing.

AWx

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2005, 16:26 

Sorry, for the previously broken images, my personnal server had lost is WiFi connection to my router and my playing rig is wired to the server, with an alias in the hosts file to direct me to the local IP of the server, so can not spot if the server external connection is down.

Anyway, what was explained just above is exactly what should be done. Here is how I did it with ArtMoney.

1 - Start ArtMoney
2 - Start NFSMW
3 - Set res to 800x600
4 - Alt+tab to ArtMoney
6 - Alt+Tab to NFSMW
7 - Set res to 1024x768
8 - Alt+tab to ArtMoney
10 - you should 10 to 20 matchings fields, pass all of them to the right part of the screen using the arrow in the middle
12 - Alt+Tab to NFSMW
13 - Set res to 800x600
14 - Alt+Tab to ArtMoney
15 - Using the second button, filter for 600. Again, you'll get from 10 to 20 matching fields
19 - Alt+Tab to NFSMW
20 - Enjoy

Actually, the FOV is 100% correct. The streched UI is the only "prob" but you'll quickly get used to it. Actually, it feels weird at the beginning if you've played with the 4:3 version. I'm at 49% game completion so far and when switching to 16:10, I had trouble finding the info on the screen because it was to wide :) ... or just wider than I was used to.

AWx

Thanks for this clear explanation! This again shows that it simply IS possible to fix... the guys at EA are just lazy as hell :cry:

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2005, 16:29 
Editors
Editors

Sorry, for the previously broken images, my personnal server had lost is WiFi connection to my router and my playing rig is wired to the server, with an alias in the hosts file to direct me to the local IP of the server, so can not spot if the server external connection is down.

1 - Start ArtMoney
2 - Start NFSMW
3 - Set res to 800x600
4 - Alt+tab to ArtMoney
6 - Alt+Tab to NFSMW
7 - Set res to 1024x768
8 - Alt+tab to ArtMoney
12 - Alt+Tab to NFSMW
13 - Set res to 800x600
14 - Alt+Tab to ArtMoney
19 - Alt+Tab to NFSMW
20 - Enjoy

AWx

So you have to follow these steps EVERY time you start the game. Cheez, that's a lot off work. Lets hope someone has a little experience with trainer building. :D

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2005, 16:50 

So you have to follow these steps EVERY time you start the game. Cheez, that's a lot off work. Lets hope someone has a little experience with trainer building. :D

its not that hard, you can highlight all the ones you want to change all at once.

easy as pie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/aaron_k/jasda.jpg

and you can save the ones you need to change so all you have to do is load them up then change the values, shouldnt take more then a few seconds to do it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next