Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 13:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dungeon Siege 2
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2005, 04:51 

The config file to modify is C:documents and settings$usernameMy DocumentsMy GamesDungeon Siege 2SungeonSiege2.ini.

This works well with one slightly annoying problem. After saving and closing the application when you get back in the character portait that is in the upper left GUI that shows what weapons and spells you have gets resized and no longer fits in that box. You just see the top left corner of the head. All the joining NPCs heads are sized fine. This also is the case for your portait by your conversation icons.

I will add more information if I resolve that issue. If anyone has any input - please feel free to help a brother out.

Peace.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2005, 07:00 

Whenever I tried to play with the config file accordingly, the game would not run past the menu screen. Even if we have a way to adjust the resolutions, have you, or anybody, found a way to change the FoV?
Thanks for looking into this stuff :) .

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2005, 02:50 

I got this game and right away I cant stand the camera angle, it feels like you are playing in a cave. You cannot look up!!!!!!!! No sky to see, nothing.

Can't get in first person mode, sheeesh I just cant keep playing like this without being able to look up. Like you got a stiff neck and cant move!!

Going back to Guild Wars :cry:

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2005, 17:42 

Any more updates on this.. I would like to play this game at 1920x1200 if possible without screen distortion.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2005, 18:02 

Patch 2.20 fixes the offcenter characters, at least for me.

I run with the commandline option to get 1680x1050;
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;902423

Here is a screenshot;

Patch available here;
http://www.microsoft.com/games/dungeonsiege2/support.asp

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2005, 21:33 
Founder
Founder

Nice, thanks for the update.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2005, 08:31 
Founder
Founder

I went ahead and downloaded the updated demo - the character portraits seem to be right where they should be. Played around with it for about 2 1/2 hours tonight. Phew man - those little Ha'ku witch doctors are tough.

It's a great game, but for some reason it seems to lag a bit here and there, no matter what settings I put it on. A shame - the original Dungeon Siege suffered from the same problem. :?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2005, 13:44 
Editors
Editors

I'm not sure this helps, but I found if I modify ini of config files, I sometimes make them read olny, so the game can't change anything always worth a try.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2005, 13:10 
Editors
Editors

It's a great game, but for some reason it seems to lag a bit here and there, no matter what settings I put it on. A shame - the original Dungeon Siege suffered from the same problem. :?

I've hit a point (I got pretty far - about 2/3'ds of the way through, I think) and it started lagging so badly it was unplayable. It stayed laggy if I shutdown and reloaded the game, too... some games are not coded very well...