Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 18:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 04:25 

How does one rollback to the prior version? I updated today after a 2 day gaming break and found FWS is no longer working with The Witcher 2... I just got to chapter 3 and can't bear to play the rest on a single screen :)

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 07:50 
Insiders
Insiders

funkyb wrote:
How does one rollback to the prior version? I updated today after a 2 day gaming break and found FWS is no longer working with The Witcher 2... I just got to chapter 3 and can't bear to play the rest on a single screen :)

With rollback I didn't mean I literally rollback to a previous version myself, but the rollback of SWIG 3.0.0 to 2.0.11 that Hayden did in the latest patch.

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 09:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Looks like there might still be issues for AMD users? [there always has been their drivers and API are subpar]

I don't have a AMD card so I can't easily test... but can someone confirm/deny?

Instead of people getting super angry sending emails - how about helping me help you... what does the status tab say about the detection of your card?

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 10:19 

hey hayden..

im playing ds2 with amd card no issues i see ?

loading is slightly longer initially but could be my imagination

whats the issue specifically and ill see if i can check it out ?

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 14:22 

HaYDeN wrote:
Looks like there might still be issues for AMD users? [there always has been their drivers and API are subpar]

Instead of people getting super angry sending emails - how about helping me help you... what does the status tab say about the detection of your card?

Hello Hayden,

I was hoping you could help me (and possibly other AMD users). I've been trying to make Flawless Widescreen run on my rig in order to play Watch Dogs, but so far it's been a no go. Here is my config:

i7-3930k CPU
32GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme MB
AMD 6990 Display Adapter
5x1 Dell U2312HMt Displays (in portrait mode)
Windows 8.1 x64

My current desktop resolution is 5650x1920 (with bezel compensation).

I've tried both the latest version of Catalyst 14.6 and the previous one 14.4, but the x64 version of Flawless Widescreen crashes for me at launch. It runs fine when Catalyst is not installed and it's picking up the generic Microsoft AMD driver, but not when Catalyst is installed. The x86 version works fine though (but I can't use that for Watch Dogs which, as you know is x64 only).

Here is what I see in the event viewer regarding the app crash:

Faulting application name: FlawlessWidescreen.exe, version: 1.0.0.12, time stamp: 0x5291d607
Faulting module name: atiadlxx.dll, version: 6.14.10.1300, time stamp: 0x53507b40
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000138cb
Faulting process id: 0x18d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf7b39a8d83c81
Faulting application path: I:\Desktop\flawlesswidescreen\FlawlessWidescreen.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atiadlxx.dll
Report Id: e695c939-e72c-11e3-82d7-5404a638259b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Here is the settings.xml that's generated after the first run with the x86 version (i'm attaching this because I see it's picking up a wrong resolution for my rig, and I'm not sure whether it might be relevant to your troubleshooting):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Configuration Schema="1.0">
<StartupSettings>
<StartupPosition Position_X="-1" Position_Y="-1" RememberPosition="false"/>
<StartupState FirstUse="false" 1010_FirstUse="false" LicenceAgreed="true" StartMinimized="false" StartWithWindows="false" StartUpdateCheck="true"/>
</StartupSettings>
<Steam_Origin_Detection Steam_Path="\steam\;\steamapps\" Origin_Path="\origin games\;\origin\"/>
<AppState CompactMode="false">
<OpenViewports>
<Viewport PluginNameSpace="FWS_Plugins" ModuleNameSpace="WatchDogs" Focus="true"/>
</OpenViewports>
</AppState>
<DisplayDetectionSettings>
<HardwareOptions NVIDIADetection="true" AMDDetection="true" GenericDetection="true" SoftTHDetection="true"/>
<AssumptionSettings Enabled="true" BCEnabled="false" Width="2561" Height="1000" DisplaysX="3" DisplaysY="1" SafeZoneX="5" SafeZoneY="0"/>
<CustomSettings Enabled="false" Width="5760" Height="1080" DisplaysX="3" DisplaysY="1" HUDWidth="1920" HUDHeight="1080" HUDX="1920" HUDY="0"/>
</DisplayDetectionSettings>
<UpdateSettings>
<CoreUpdate AutoCheck_Updates="true" AutoInstall_Updates="true" BETAOptIn="false" LastUpdateCore="1401365833" UpdateCoreFreq="1"/>
<PluginUpdate AutoCheck_PluginUpdates="true" AutoInstall_PluginUpdates="true" AutoInstall_MissingDeps="true" LastUpdatePlugins="1401365833" UpdatePluginsFreq="2"/>
<RepositoryUpdate AutoCheck_NewPlugins="true" AutoInstall_NewPlugins="false" LastUpdateRepo="1401365833" UpdateRepoFreq="1"/>
<Repositorys/>
</UpdateSettings>
<HotkeySettings EnableToggle="1626" IncreaseFOV="107" DecreaseFOV="109"/>
</Configuration>

I'm really baffled by this issue cause the way it looks from my perspective, it would seem that every AMD user would have to incur in such a problem, but since I don't see anyone complaining about it, it makes me wonder if there's something wrong with my rig, aside from the inability to run your app. I should mention I'm not running any AV, including Windows Defender, which is deactivated.

I had a chance to try version 1.0.12, 1.0.13 and 1.0.14 of your app but the results are always the same. The x86 versions of the aforementioned work, the x64 crash on start. They all work fine when Catalyst is not installed as well. So, bottom line, when atiadlxx.dll is installed, the 64 bit version of Flawless Widescreen is not running for me.

On a side note, would Flawless Widescreen adjust the AR according to my specs anyway?
I run the game at 4708x1600, which gives me ~38fps right now (with Xfire disabled); hopefully that should increase further once AMD releases better drivers (so I can really use Xfire which at the moment works with the latest and the previous versions of Catalyst, but actually halves the performance when compared to single card usage, rather then double it) and most importantly Ubisoft does his homework and optimize the game properly.

I hope you'll be able to figure out what the problem is, or at least point me in the right direction as to where to look for a culprit.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 14:36 

HaYDeN wrote:

I'm sure you've figured this out already but I'm who you worked with on steam and the modified version we tested did work. Many thanks for your help and feel free to contact me if you ever need an AMD tester. My apologies for not including the status screenshots or more config info in my original post; I code and should know better than that =P

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 16:36 

Also have to say thanks for all your work and everything you do. Specifically made this account to tell you that you're made of awesome! You're the only reason I'm able to play several titles in eyefinity, and actually have it be a positive instead of a negative experience.

shittycode 1: you hear about that guy?
shittycode 2: that hayden guy? yeah OP

Am an AMD user though and still having issues with skyrim :(

Just hangs while FWS says configuring. The Skyrim window is immediately non responsive upon opening.

Currently running 2X AMD 6950's in eyefinity.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 19:49 

tapiro wrote:
HaYDeN wrote:

Hello Hayden,

I was hoping you could help me (and possibly other AMD users). I've been trying to make Flawless Widescreen run on my rig in order to play Watch Dogs, but so far it's been a no go. Here is my config:

i7-3930k CPU
32GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme MB
AMD 6990 Display Adapter
5x1 Dell U2312HMt Displays (in portrait mode)
Windows 8.1 x64

My current desktop resolution is 5650x1920 (with bezel compensation).

I've tried both the latest version of Catalyst 14.6 and the previous one 14.4, but the x64 version of Flawless Widescreen crashes for me at launch. It runs fine when Catalyst is not installed and it's picking up the generic Microsoft AMD driver, but not when Catalyst is installed. The x86 version works fine though (but I can't use that for Watch Dogs which, as you know is x64 only).

Here is what I see in the event viewer regarding the app crash:

Faulting application name: FlawlessWidescreen.exe, version: 1.0.0.12, time stamp: 0x5291d607
Faulting module name: atiadlxx.dll, version: 6.14.10.1300, time stamp: 0x53507b40
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000138cb
Faulting process id: 0x18d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf7b39a8d83c81
Faulting application path: I:\Desktop\flawlesswidescreen\FlawlessWidescreen.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atiadlxx.dll
Report Id: e695c939-e72c-11e3-82d7-5404a638259b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Here is the settings.xml that's generated after the first run with the x86 version (i'm attaching this because I see it's picking up a wrong resolution for my rig, and I'm not sure whether it might be relevant to your troubleshooting):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Configuration Schema="1.0">
<StartupSettings>
<StartupPosition Position_X="-1" Position_Y="-1" RememberPosition="false"/>
<StartupState FirstUse="false" 1010_FirstUse="false" LicenceAgreed="true" StartMinimized="false" StartWithWindows="false" StartUpdateCheck="true"/>
</StartupSettings>
<Steam_Origin_Detection Steam_Path="\steam\;\steamapps\" Origin_Path="\origin games\;\origin\"/>
<AppState CompactMode="false">
<OpenViewports>
<Viewport PluginNameSpace="FWS_Plugins" ModuleNameSpace="WatchDogs" Focus="true"/>
</OpenViewports>
</AppState>
<HardwareOptions NVIDIADetection="true" AMDDetection="true" GenericDetection="true" SoftTHDetection="true"/>
<AssumptionSettings Enabled="true" BCEnabled="false" Width="2561" Height="1000" DisplaysX="3" DisplaysY="1" SafeZoneX="5" SafeZoneY="0"/>
<CustomSettings Enabled="false" Width="5760" Height="1080" DisplaysX="3" DisplaysY="1" HUDWidth="1920" HUDHeight="1080" HUDX="1920" HUDY="0"/>
<UpdateSettings>
<CoreUpdate AutoCheck_Updates="true" AutoInstall_Updates="true" BETAOptIn="false" LastUpdateCore="1401365833" UpdateCoreFreq="1"/>
<PluginUpdate AutoCheck_PluginUpdates="true" AutoInstall_PluginUpdates="true" AutoInstall_MissingDeps="true" LastUpdatePlugins="1401365833" UpdatePluginsFreq="2"/>
<RepositoryUpdate AutoCheck_NewPlugins="true" AutoInstall_NewPlugins="false" LastUpdateRepo="1401365833" UpdateRepoFreq="1"/>
<Repositorys/>
</UpdateSettings>
<HotkeySettings EnableToggle="1626" IncreaseFOV="107" DecreaseFOV="109"/>
</Configuration>

I'm really baffled by this issue cause the way it looks from my perspective, it would seem that every AMD user would have to incur in such a problem, but since I don't see anyone complaining about it, it makes me wonder if there's something wrong with my rig, aside from the inability to run your app. I should mention I'm not running any AV, including Windows Defender, which is deactivated.

I had a chance to try version 1.0.12, 1.0.13 and 1.0.14 of your app but the results are always the same. The x86 versions of the aforementioned work, the x64 crash on start. They all work fine when Catalyst is not installed as well. So, bottom line, when atiadlxx.dll is installed, the 64 bit version of Flawless Widescreen is not running for me.

On a side note, would Flawless Widescreen adjust the AR according to my specs anyway?
I run the game at 4708x1600, which gives me ~38fps right now (with Xfire disabled); hopefully that should increase further once AMD releases better drivers (so I can really use Xfire which at the moment works with the latest and the previous versions of Catalyst, but actually halves the performance when compared to single card usage, rather then double it) and most importantly Ubisoft does his homework and optimize the game properly.

I hope you'll be able to figure out what the problem is, or at least point me in the right direction as to where to look for a culprit.

Thanks in advance!

Just an update on my situation: I actually fixed the crash! It turns out the culprit was indeed in the automagically generated settings.xml. I manually input it, changing the following:

<CustomSettings Enabled="true" Width="5650" Height="1920" DisplaysX="5" DisplaysY="1" HUDWidth="1920" HUDHeight="1080" HUDX="1920" HUDY="0"/>

and I got no more crashes. I also tested with Watch Dogs and it does what it's supposed to, great (http://imgur.com/AvdL3Dy,60rhYIK)!

On the other hand, I tried The Amazing Spiderman 2 (which I've also kept in the back-burner since eyefinity is a no go) but I'm getting some pretty weird result (http://i.imgur.com/NlhD2Wj.jpg). Any chance this can be fixed?

Cheers

Last edited by tapiro on 29 May 2014, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 20:17 
Insiders
Insiders

HaYDeN wrote:
... what does the status tab say about the detection of your card?

I hope I'm copying the right one but mine says: "Display Detection | Found AMD device: AMD Radeon HD 6900 series". I hope that helps!

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 21:51 
Insiders
Insiders

People having issues need to upgrade to 1.0.15 - all the engine related stuff should now be fixed in 1.0.15, start Flawless WIdescreen - then take a screenshot of the status.

I want to see the display detection breakdown, eg. how it detected your display along with what your setup actually is (eg. cards and number of screens)

If it crashes on launch, you could try editing the settings file....

Code:
<HardwareOptions NVIDIADetection="true" AMDDetection="false" GenericDetection="true" SoftTHDetection="true"/>

eg. AMDDetection="false", and see if that gets rid of the crash.

What i found with FunkyB is that it works fine, if its only 3 monitors, if there's 4 monitors eyefinity detection breaks, there might also be issues with people in crossfire.

At this stage, a single card, with a single large display is confirmed to be working correctly.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 126  Next