Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Oct 2024, 18:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 00:42 

Bifurk8 wrote:
Haven't had the chance to fiddle with 14.6 too much yet but did get it installed. So far it gets a thumbs down for no longer letting me use Windows Key + P to change between Eyefinity and Extended modes. The dialogue still comes up in Windows, but selecting Computer Only, Duplicate, or Extended has no effect. Just leaves me in Eyefinity, regardless.

A cursory glance does indicate that they've changed how Eyefinity profiles are stored/saved. If they've made swapping between them reliable from within the CCC or via a CCC keyboard shortcut, that'll be fine...but I haven't had the chance to find out yet.

The Eyefinity dialogues do state that you must use a 1xN or Nx1 layout when mixing resolutions, so no really weird layouts are going to be possible.

Please report back soon.

I'm hoping to jump ship back to AMD for this feature to utilize my 1080p 1600p 1080p configuration!

PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 04:36 

One big issue is the win+P is a no go at all.

Just want to let everyone know what I am running. I have 2 Dell Dp monitors at 1680x1050 as my outside monitors. Then my U2711 at 2560x1440 as my center. I am running the expand mode where I line up the top of all 3 monitors and let the bottom of the two outside monitors lose the bottom 390 of my res. This way my center screen is 2560x1440 and the outside is for peripheral vision.

I like this better than losing all my center monitor res by going the old way and filling. My U2711 would be 1680x1050 res and I did not want the main center part of my vision to lose that 850 res width and then the 390 height res. I am NOT using ANY bezel mgt by the way. It screwed it up worse.

If you use the side monitors for what they should be which is just peripheral vision it works pretty good. They don't line up great because of the different aspect ratio's 16x9 and 16x10 and of course the U2711 has way more pixels per inch. But use it just to spot people in a fps and it is great. I tried with the expand at the top and hated it. When you open diff websites or applications the top would be in the expansion part and it was a pain to get to them. Use the bottom.

Also for a side note. I also have a 1920x1200 24inch as a forth extended monitor in PORTRAIT mode right next to my eyefinity in landscape and it works perfect. So a fourth monitor extended is no problem on mine. I am running a final res of 5920x1440 of course. 3570k at 4.5 with two 7950 Sapphire boost flex cards.

I like it so far after I got used to the new setup and got it up and running.

Good luck all.

Last edited by stangflyer on 29 May 2014, 03:30, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 05:12 
Founder
Founder

kingcasper wrote:
ask them why i have to rely on 3rd party support for 21-9 monitors and why something cant be done in CC automatically to fix this issue once and for all

instant detection..instantly fixed..correct AR

You talking about support in games? That is up to the developer of the game.

PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 05:13 
Founder
Founder

Had a 45 minute chat. Got a few of these questions covered. Didn't see them all. Sorry. Exporting for a podcast now that will mix Skype audio and slides from the press deck.

PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 12:07 

Seems to work otherwise but I can't adjust bezel compensation in portrait mode. Haven't tried landscape yet. Every time I try, displays blink a bit, then it says "Warning: your display configuration has changed. Ensure that your displays are connected and functioning properly."

PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 18:43 
Editors
Editors

stangflyer wrote:
Also for a side note. I also have a 1920x1200 24inch as a forth extended monitor in PORTRAIT mode right next to my eyefinity in landscape and it works perfect. So a fourth monitor extended is no problem on mine.

That's great! I had some huge Problems with a 4th extended monitor in portrait on older drivers.
Games maximising on 4th monitor and stuff

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 01:59 

so, got the 14.6 beta installed and it seems to have a bug in which my resolution is fine but all apps opened are stretched

so my desktop BG and my taskbar all are unstretched but if i open notepad or chrome its all zoomed in, also my cursor is zoomed in, anyone know why?

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 02:51 
Founder
Founder

CranberryJeus wrote:
so, got the 14.6 beta installed and it seems to have a bug in which my resolution is fine but all apps opened are stretched

so my desktop BG and my taskbar all are unstretched but if i open notepad or chrome its all zoomed in, also my cursor is zoomed in, anyone know why?

Haven't tried 14.6 yet, but I've yet to hear this. Have you rebooted? Are you resizing the app to just one screen?

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 03:24 

CranberryJeus wrote:

I have been using 14.6 for the last two nights and I have not had these issues.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 03:34 

Haldi wrote:
stangflyer wrote:
Also for a side note. I also have a 1920x1200 24inch as a forth extended monitor in PORTRAIT mode right next to my eyefinity in landscape and it works perfect. So a fourth monitor extended is no problem on mine.

That's great! I had some huge Problems with a 4th extended monitor in portrait on older drivers.
Games maximising on 4th monitor and stuff

That is weird as I have been running a portrait extended monitor for about 2 yrs. now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next