Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Oct 2024, 17:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 06:24 
Insiders
Insiders

More than anyone, I'd really like to see us come to one community-driven solution. At this point we've got:
- The UniWS (original)
- The UniWS (Stone's update)
- Racer_S Hacks
- Squ1zzy Patches
- General Admission's Fixes
- WS Fixer
- Flawless Widescreen

The solutions system is quite fragmented. It would be great if everyone could move beyond the "solution" and to "fixes". Let's get one vehicle for implementing the fixes, and see who can race to be first on each game fix. Hell, the system could even support competing solutions for things like Skyrim. Or, better yet, we could use some sort of SVN to allow everyone to contribute. You'd have the original author, and then see the improvements added by others.

I'm also at the point where I'm going to have to stop hosting the fixes (such as those from Racer_S) here on the WSGF. The Assassin's Creed fix got falsely flagged as a virus, and it got the whole of WSGF tagged as a malware site. Not good. We got that one fixed, but more will crop up. We're setting up an alternate domain to host the files. But, I'd rather have everything integrated into one official WSGF tool.

At some point I hope that we can get past this in-fighting. We're a small enough community as it is. We don't need to be subdividing ourselves.

http://youtu.be/-eWopfEJq48

Ugh, Skip. It's posts like these that make me angry that the rep system is removed. So I'll just have to resort to using a....

+1

Edit: Also, I really appreciate the plugin system of Widescreen Fixer. Helifax was able to get a 5x1P update in Skyrim ready for me only 2HOURS after I requested it. That kind of speed wouldn't have been possible without some kind of plugin system. Something that allows anyone and everyone to readily make a game fix would be nice. You know, for the rapidity. ;)

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 19:20 

Would it be possible to add support for Battlefield 1942 and/or Tribes Ascend?

Thanks for all your hard work.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 19:19 

Would it be possible to add support for Battlefield 1942 and/or Tribes Ascend?

Thanks for all your hard work.

I gave up on Tribes after my post in the official Hi-Rez forums asking about Eyefinity support was deleted. Waiting for Planetside 2 now.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 01:18 
Insiders
Insiders

You guys can find a Tribes: Ascend plugin as part of Flawless Widescreen

It has been available for some months now, enables the HUD to function, fixes the weapon FOV and the in-game and menu FOV's.

Cheers.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 01:40 

You guys can find a Tribes: Ascend plugin as part of Flawless Widescreen

It has been available for some months now, enables the HUD to function, fixes the weapon FOV and the in-game and menu FOV's.

Cheers.

Ok, I'll try it again but I couldn't get it to work last week. I also couldn't get the Skyrim fix to work this week and had to change to the Widescreen Fixer instead. I wonder if there's something wrong with my FW install ...

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 01:55 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]You guys can find a Tribes: Ascend plugin as part of Flawless Widescreen

Cheers.

Ok, I'll try it again but I couldn't get it to work last week. I also couldn't get the Skyrim fix to work this week and had to change to the Widescreen Fixer instead. I wonder if there's something wrong with my FW install ...

The only display detection issues I am aware of is when people are using crossfire - it will detect it as a single large display instead of 3 separate displays, or it may not detect it at all, you can rectify that by going into the configuration and overriding the display detection - I'm yet to find a crossfire user who can either do a remote desktop/teamviewer session or run a whole bunch of tests, but it will get fixed at some point.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: Are there any plans for
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2012, 15:40 

Are there any plans for fixing the issues with this amazing game, Torchlight 2? I have notice not too many people here have talking about it recently. The game's hud is not centered within multiple monitors. Inventory of the character and the pet, map, and stats are on the far sides. I believe the current version through steam is 1.9.x.x. Thank you for your time. To everyone if you haven't played it yet, go ahead and pick up a copy for $20. It's what should have come after Diablo 3 in the same style and less of a care bear like what Bliz made IMO.

Post subject: No one has mentioned it
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2012, 16:54 
Administrators
Administrators

No one has mentioned it because most people don't considers it an issue, menus like that are best placed on the side, out of the way, this is an advantage because ordinarily you couldn't have them open while your playing because they would block your main view. If that was still the case then you would have to stop playing to use them, in which case, what's looking to one side if you no longer need to pay attention to the play field.

The most important part is that the health and mana indicators can be centred, and the minimap can be detached and ether put in the centre, or the left or right sides.

The WSGF rule of thumb is this, if the menu or UI element is something you need to keep track of on a moment to moment bases, it should be on centre screen, if its additional information, stats, inventory, anything that is none essential, then it doesn't have to be centred, it just has to be correctly scaled and fully usable. Being able to move them types of menus is nice, but that's is something you only really see and MMOs, and I always put them out of the way on the side monitors anyway, so they can be left opened and are a glance away.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012, 08:15 

just noticed there's plugin for Tomb Raider: Underworld.

tried it (game runs, and fix enabled...), but the game still doesn't render beyond 4067x720 (anything higher shows d3d error message); it still needs regedit to show correct aspect ratio~

what exactly does this plug-in do?

Post subject: teardropmina wrote:just
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012, 11:49 
Insiders
Insiders

just noticed there's plugin for Tomb Raider: Underworld.

tried it (game runs, and fix enabled...), but the game still doesn't render beyond 4067x720 (anything higher shows d3d error message); it still needs regedit to show correct aspect ratio~

what exactly does this plug-in do?

The plugin fixes the aspect ratio without the need to regedit. The 4000 resolution is the limit of the engine since it is using a 16bit int to store the value of the Resolution width. So if you select a resolution lower than 4000 and enable the fix the Aspect Ratio should be fixed.

Best Regards,
helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 148  Next