Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 18:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: helifax wrote:Chronify
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012, 08:34 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Hey helifax, there's no updated version with the quest menus fixed right? Otherwise i may have missed a post or two. Let me know. Thank you for all your hard work. I refused to play this game without eyefinity :3 Thanks again for making the magic happen.

First post :D

Welcome!
Quest Menu is working IF you select a resolution lower than 4096xXXX. As for fixing it... I will look in the future..but currently I am bit busy with something else;))

Best Regards

Helifax great job mate. As I thought this game (like most) looks fantastic across three screens! Hopefully the quest menu wont be too hard to fix, also maybe even a centre hud? Wouldn't complain even if you dont get these things done, as I appreciate you are a busy man. Thanks again.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012, 08:49 

Hi everyone...new member to the site - I jsut got my triple monitor (surround) running about 2 weeks ago and just bought this game. I've downloaded the widescreen fixer and also downloaded the specific file for Kingdoms of Amalure and then run the configuration but the game is crashing if I have the fix enabled. I own the steam version. I'm configuring to 7880x1600 (am I supposed to include my bezel corrected resolution or should I be entering 7680x1600?).

Other thing I noticed is that the only 2 game versions I can select in the configuration dropdown are the demo or the 1.0.0-Steam version but from reading the notes I thought it had been updated to recent patch - should I be seeing an updated steam version in the selection dropdown?

Post subject: Kedoyn wrote:Hi
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012, 09:26 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi everyone...new member to the site - I jsut got my triple monitor (surround) running about 2 weeks ago and just bought this game. I've downloaded the widescreen fixer and also downloaded the specific file for Kingdoms of Amalure and then run the configuration but the game is crashing if I have the fix enabled. I own the steam version. I'm configuring to 7880x1600 (am I supposed to include my bezel corrected resolution or should I be entering 7680x1600?).

Other thing I noticed is that the only 2 game versions I can select in the configuration dropdown are the demo or the 1.0.0-Steam version but from reading the notes I thought it had been updated to recent patch - should I be seeing an updated steam version in the selection dropdown?

Mate by the sounds of things you have got the latest version of Helifax's fix. Go to Page 10 and about halfway down Helifax has posted the latest plugin.

Also a shout out to Helifax or Dopefish, in Hayden's absence can one of you kind gentlemen have a look at the Rage fix that Hayden did up for the game? It no longer works for the game after the 1.2 patch. I realise you have other pressing matters, but if you get the time, I'm sure it would probably take 5 secs as the fix was already done, probably just have to change something small... that's my limited logic on the matter :P Cheers!

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012, 09:44 

Mate by the sounds of things you have got the latest version of Helifax's fix. Go to Page 10 and about halfway down Helifax has posted the latest plugin.

Also a shout out to Helifax or Dopefish, in Hayden's absence can one of you kind gentlemen have a look at the Rage fix that Hayden did up for the game? It no longer works for the game after the 1.2 patch. I realise you have other pressing matters, but if you get the time, I'm sure it would probably take 5 secs as the fix was already done, probably just have to change something small... that's my limited logic on the matter :P Cheers!

Thank you! That fixed me. I had downloaded the fix from the detailed report post which mentions being updated to 1.0.1 so I just assumed that file link was the same as the one on page 10.

And also a huge thank you to Helifax for his work although it creates mixed feelings for me. On one hand its awesome that there are folks out there with the knowhow and the willingness to provide 'fan patches' for games like this to support multi-monitor but on the other hand its very frustrating that it has to be done in the first place. Especially given how quickly Helifax managed to get a fix out there I find it downright embarrasing for the devs who actually wrote the game for not taking the time to do this themselves.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012, 13:08 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Mate by the sounds of things you have got the latest version of Helifax's fix. Go to Page 10 and about halfway down Helifax has posted the latest plugin.

Thank you! That fixed me. I had downloaded the fix from the detailed report post which mentions being updated to 1.0.1 so I just assumed that file link was the same as the one on page 10.

And also a huge thank you to Helifax for his work although it creates mixed feelings for me. On one hand its awesome that there are folks out there with the knowhow and the willingness to provide 'fan patches' for games like this to support multi-monitor but on the other hand its very frustrating that it has to be done in the first place. Especially given how quickly Helifax managed to get a fix out there I find it downright embarrasing for the devs who actually wrote the game for not taking the time to do this themselves.

Oops!!!! Forgot to update the LINK!:))) Will update now! Thanks for letting me know!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: helifax wrote:Chronify
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012, 22:27 

[quote]Hey helifax, there's no updated version with the quest menus fixed right? Otherwise i may have missed a post or two. Let me know. Thank you for all your hard work. I refused to play this game without eyefinity :3 Thanks again for making the magic happen.

First post :D

Welcome!
Quest Menu is working IF you select a resolution lower than 4096xXXX. As for fixing it... I will look in the future..but currently I am bit busy with something else;))

Best Regards

Okay thanks, will give that a shot :) And thanks again for your efforts, they're much appreciated.

Post subject: helifax wrote:Kedoyn
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 00:11 

[quote][quote]Mate by the sounds of things you have got the latest version of Helifax's fix. Go to Page 10 and about halfway down Helifax has posted the latest plugin.

Oops!!!! Forgot to update the LINK!:))) Will update now! Thanks for letting me know!

Hi Helifax, I would greatly appreciate if you could point me in the direction of a way to create my own plugin for Widescreen Fixer so that I can modify FOV in my version of KoA:R. I realize that the reason your plugin currently only works for the Steam version is because that is the version you have. If you could post a tutorial, perhaps I or a talented programmer could create a plugin for the rest of us? Thanks much.

Post subject: unterdude wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 01:07 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote][quote]Mate by the sounds of things you have got the latest version of Helifax's fix. Go to Page 10 and about halfway down Helifax has posted the latest plugin.

Hi Helifax, I would greatly appreciate if you could point me in the direction of a way to create my own plugin for Widescreen Fixer so that I can modify FOV in my version of KoA:R. I realize that the reason your plugin currently only works for the Steam version is because that is the version you have. If you could post a tutorial, perhaps I or a talented programmer could create a plugin for the rest of us? Thanks much.

Hi! What is your version? Origin? I will have an update for the Origin version coming these days:) As for "other version" well I don't support them;)) I believe if you like the game..buy it...As for a tutorial...unfortunately cannot do that.. It will take more time to make it than the fix itself... but there is plenty of information on the internet if you know where to look;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 01:24 

Haha yea I should have been more specific, I meant Origin version, not trying to insinuate pirated copy haha. I understand about the tutorial. Have a general estimate on when we can look forward to it being released? Until then, I'll have to bear with headaches when I play.. :D

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 03:01 

An Origin version would be great man

What happened to all that donation money, maybe they can buy you a origin copy.

Your latest patch detects that the origin version is running, but as soon as you enable it, Amalur will crash. Maybe just the memory offset is a different number i dont know.

Wish i knew how to do it myself, any hints on what to search for on google ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 33  Next