Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Oct 2024, 20:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: matrices wrote:Falcon1
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 02:56 

[quote]Awesome @Hayden!

As always, fix works pretty well here. I hope the book thing will get sorted out, as for some quests you are required to read books or scrolls or whatever.

BUT... One huge disadvantage... Dunno if this can be fixed... The game map. The Icons of the locations are all on the main screen... You can click them and everything works, but it isn't linked to the actual map...

Eh, does it really matter though? I saw that and I wasn't even sure whether that was the way it was to begin with. I mean you've got the compass directions and a general sense of where it is; the topography isn't going to change your tactics anyway.

Well, yes, it does matter to some point. You can make your own marker/waypoint to memorize a certain point... which is quite difficult. Besides that it doesn't look that good and you don't really get an idea of how far this is away etc.
As said, it is playable, but a bit of a "flaw".

However I discovered that with Hayden's fix... Skyrim crashes very often for me. Especially when fast travelling. Dunno what's causing this. Went back to Single-Screen gaming, because it was unplayable this way.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 03:06 
Insiders
Insiders

I managed to fix the reading book things:) with a trainer:) for my solution:) So now..there shouldn't be any problems with the game:

- All menus work properly
- Map is working properly (BTW Falcon1 you cannot fix the map in 3x resolution unless you either scale the hud to fit 3d Screens or scale the map to fit only center screen which will break the game..tried that...that is why I choose the "stretch" menu approach)
- BOOKS CAN BE PROPERLY READ (with trainer mod)
- BOW zooming works
- NO CRASHES SO FAR on GTX 590 with 3D SURROUND...(I ALSO DID NOTICE texture corruption on Hayden's tool, but not on my solution)
- NO wierd loading menus or text unreadable etc

All I have to do now is create a single tool instead of a bunch of assembly scripts and memory hack/locations editing, etc...

PS: you cannot fix the "book reading" without breaking the menus...so you have to toggle between reading books and using menus....

Best Regards,

helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Well, that's good
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 03:13 

Well, that's good news.

Though... I don't want to goof on your efforts with this. I appreciate it! But, I guess we really need a UI rework once the Mod-Tools are out, to have a "final" solution. Kind of annoying :(

My last hope for a "sooner than later" proper solution is, that Bethesda gets off their lame asses and fixed this. I have good hopes that they are working on the menues, as many gamers complain about it... And I hope they will do a Multi-Mon fix then! I know... I'm a dreamer... But hope is the last thing that dies ;)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 03:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Well, that's good news.

Though... I don't want to goof on your efforts with this. I appreciate it! But, I guess we really need a UI rework once the Mod-Tools are out, to have a "final" solution. Kind of annoying :(

My last hope for a "sooner than later" proper solution is, that Bethesda gets off their lame asses and fixed this. I have good hopes that they are working on the menues, as many gamers complain about it... And I hope they will do a Multi-Mon fix then! I know... I'm a dreamer... But hope is the last thing that dies ;)

Well yeah!! I also hope that!! This game should have had support for Eyefinity/Surround from the 1st time!!! But better late than never!!!!
Oh, and BWT some people offered to donate for the fix... All I can say is :

Thank you I appreciate the thought! But I think if you really want to donate you should donate to the website and forum. I, for one, am not doing this for the donations or other things! I am doing it because I want to play the game as best as possible, I want to learn new things, and I want to help this "niche" community of 3X users (as the market refers to us).

So I thank you for the fact that you thought about donating and that work should not go un-rewarded...but I am, like most of you, "just" a hardcore game that..well likes games:)) (My wife is going to kill me soon :)) )

I hope this put a smile on your face:D
!!!!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 03:23 

I'm playing without bezel comp (Nvidia) and it doesn't bother me at all. In some games it's more annoying than others - most of all in sims where your cockpit stretches across multiple monitors - but this I barely even notice.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 03:26 

you are a king!
thank you so much for the effort, its guys like you and hayden that keep the community alive.

anxiously waiting for the latest..
and as for the toggle, if thems the brakes, then thems the brakes! ill take a toggle over no fix at all!

Post subject: ugzz wrote:you are a
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 03:28 
Insiders
Insiders

you are a king!
thank you so much for the effort, its guys like you and hayden that keep the community alive.

anxiously waiting for the latest..
and as for the toggle, if thems the brakes, then thems the brakes! ill take a toggle over no fix at all!

:))))))))))))) That's the SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;))

Post subject: What pisses me off is
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 03:44 

What pisses me off is bethesda will be using this engine for fallout 4, so yeah it kind of makes sense to futureproof it.

it just boggles my mind to think that no one at thier studio uses multimon, or hasn't even bothered to talk to ati or nvidia about this market of gamers that use multimon.

if you had the game source code and were a programmer, it would probably take all of day or 2 to get this implemented.

The UI designer at Bethesda seriously needs to get the ass.

This is probably the same clown, that worked on fallout 3

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 03:51 
Insiders
Insiders

What pisses me off is bethesda will be using this engine for fallout 4, so yeah it kind of makes sense to futureproof it.

it just boggles my mind to think that no one at thier studio uses multimon, or hasn't even bothered to talk to ati or nvidia about this market of gamers that use multimon.

if you had the game source code and were a programmer, it would probably take all of day or 2 to get this implemented.

The UI designer at Bethesda seriously needs to get the ass.

This is probably the same clown, that worked on fallout 3

HMM.. It actually takes like 1h-3h to make this possible...trust me..I KNOOW

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 04:06 

Heya,

I was using Hayden's version but noticed the icons for looting were squished and almost unreadable. Is everyone having that issue?

Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 302  Next