Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Oct 2024, 12:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 01:59 

but since d3 is "online only" wouldn't running a resolution fix be kind of risky? pretty sure that would be considered a 3rd party program and would subject your account to being banned. which sucks =(

Indeed.

And @MW2, they will ban for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Some notable ones have been D2's "Failed To Join" Fixer (If you fail to join a game it will sit there for 30 seconds until the connection times out, with no way to do anything, the hack simply changes the time out duration to something reasonable. Warcraft 3's Slot refreshers, literally all that it does is fills the custom game up with bots, then removes the bots which updates the game after it falls off the list.

Those two examples fix inherit problems in the game, but yet they still ban for them simply because of their 0 tolerance policy. And if they allow those third party applications then the lines get blurry.

On a side note, I played through for the third time last night, is there anything that you guys want to know?
It's funny on my Demon Hunter, When I tried it in 4:3 I could shoot enemies that I could not see if they ran off my screen, Looks like the distance to do stuff is designed for 16:9.

Post subject: MW2
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 03:56 
Insiders
Insiders

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Blizzard go to hell with your PoS games without nVsurround support yea right why do I wana play this PoS that only uses 1/3d of my system and a bunch of ppl just going to buy all their epics in 5 minutes with real money and own all the non payers.

BOYCOTT This PoS

So I take it you boycotted MW2, which doesn't come with surround support LOL

Post subject: Mach1.9pants wrote:MW2
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 05:39 
Founder
Founder

[quote]FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Blizzard go to hell with your PoS games without nVsurround support yea right why do I wana play this PoS that only uses 1/3d of my system and a bunch of ppl just going to buy all their epics in 5 minutes with real money and own all the non payers.

BOYCOTT This PoS

[quote]FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Blizzard go to hell with your PoS games without nVsurround support yea right why do I wana play this PoS that only uses 1/3d of my system and a bunch of ppl just going to buy all their epics in 5 minutes with real money and own all the non payers.

BOYCOTT This PoS

Post subject: Dude that is due to the
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 06:38 
Insiders
Insiders

Dude that is due to the marvellous Dopefish and his WSF. I brought him a copy of MW2 so he could program it so I know it.

But the game, vanilla, does not support multi-mon and is deserved of as much scorn as Diablo 3.

Just thought it was funny with your username and all.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2011, 08:29 

I know there is a lot of rage in this thread :P but I'd like to reassure you guys that it's currently in.

Now I cannot go full screen mode with surround, only full screen windowed but is sure does look nice!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3123248726

Photos in this thread.

Post subject: awesome!what about the
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2011, 13:59 

awesome!

what about the monsters on the edges of the screens? do they just stand around and not react to your presence until you get closer? does it feel like surround gives you an advantage?

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2011, 16:48 

awesome!

what about the monsters on the edges of the screens? do they just stand around and not react to your presence until you get closer? does it feel like surround gives you an advantage?

The actual base environment is visible almost all the time. There are some buggy parts where you can see portions just fall off.

There is a limitation on how far you can see mobs and there is also an aggro radius for mobs as well. I couldn't technically aggro anything by just standing there when they were on the side screens but some attacks could reach them and aggro then.

Would surround give me an advantage? - against anyone who is playing less than 2560x1600 probably yes. (the 1600 width is almost exact to the point where items load off the middle monitor).

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2011, 18:35 

It's pretty sad and pathetic that Blizzard straight up won't bother to develop any multi-monitor support for D3 and then provide a BS excuse as to why as well. Torchlight worked in Eyefinity, Torchlight 2 will probably work fine in Eyefinity, plenty of other non-fps games work in Eyefinity and look great including lots of MMOs. I was on the fence about whether to preorder or even buy it or not and now I think I will not. yet another example of big name developers ignoring and flat out rejecting the things that make the PC a unique platform.

Post subject: Dude please delete your
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2011, 19:50 
Founder
Founder

Dude please delete your blizzard post and keep it a secret in case they decide to ban it.
Let's keep this under wraps

P.S.you should go to your profile and fill out your specs please,so we can put your fps in perspective but it seems windowed mode kills your fps barely getting 60 just standing around with nothing going on the screen with game graphics looking like a turd, I was getting 100 + fps in much better looking games :( And welcome to this forums! We hope you enjoy your stay here!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011, 05:56 

with game graphics looking like a turd

There is limited options currently, No AA for example, and it can not be forced through the Nvidia control panel (but it works for AMD.)

Screenshots really do not do this game justice at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next