Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Oct 2024, 10:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 17:44 

Hi!

Im sitting here tonight, trying to figure out what i have to do to get cod4 working across 3 monitors. I'm talking about the old COD4, not MW2. (If someone could possible misunderstand that)

First off, this is my hardware, and what software i am currently using:
- i7 920
- 6gb ram
- 2tb hdd
- 2x5850 for 3 monitors
- 3x Acer V243hq
Software:
- widescreen fixer
- SofTH
- ultramon

So yes. My sofTH is really acting up. I have added the files that sofTH requests, into the cod4 folder. Thefiles are just placed in the: computer/Local disk (c:)/program files (x86)/activision/Call of duty 4 - modern warfare. I have also added the resolution i want to play in, into the sofTH document. I've added the resolution 5760x1080 (3x1920) into the list, but this does not seem to help. The resolution wont turn up as a choise for resolution whenever i try to choose it in the cod4 graphics options.

Am i suppost to place the files somewhere else?
Theese are the folders that can expand more:
- docs
- main
- miles
- mods
- pb
- players
- zone

Hope you understand my question, and that someone can help!

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 02:28 

Hi,

Sorry I have no experience with softTH but I am wondering why don't you run eyefinity instead? Maybe try one of those dp-vga adaptors or get an active one.

Will save alot of headaches, get way more performance (from what I have read softTH can't use crossfire)

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 03:22 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that The Viking doesn't have a DP -> DVI or DP -> VGA Adapter.

I'd have to advise getting one of the above though. Eyefinity is a much better solution.

I'm not sure how to get SoftTH to work in CoD. I do know you have to put all the file in the main folder with the .exe's.

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 04:49 

Sorry for the late reply
SoftTH works great with COD4 MW.
Adding the huge resolution to the config file freaked softTH out.

Step 1 get all 3 screens working in windows, make sure screen 2 and 3 are EXTENDED, so that you can drag windows to them but so the start bar does not stretch to them. Do not use the catalyst control panel or forceware to make the 3 screens act like 1. SoftTH needs it to be 3 screens with 3 resolutions.

Step2 paste the SoftTH files to the game directory. Your description leads me to believe you got it right.
SoftTH will take your main screens horizontal WINDOWS resolution and multiply it by 3 to come up with the in game resolution. It does this automatically, but you will have to add your windows resolution because it only goes up to 1680x1050. (maybe I only get 1680x1050 cause that is the highest my monitors can go) So in the SoftTH CFG add 1920x1080.

Step 3 Open Up wide screen fixer and close it again. When you close it will make a .CFG file. Edit the config file to add a hotkey. Without a hot key you can't turn on the FOV correction.
Start the game you should now see your resolution as an option. The game may hang after you switch resolutions wait it out if it does not come back don't worry just hit windows key and end task. Then start game again if it asks you to run in safe mode say NO. The game should run in the new 1920x3 res. Once you get to the menu hit your Wide Screen Fixer hot key to turn on the FOV correction and your ready to go. I found if you try to turn on the Wide Screen Fixer program during the cut scenes or videos it freaks out.

I also had to adjust the mouse tracking in SoftTH but there is info on that on the SoftTH page.

Now does anyone know how to make Wide Screen Fixer correct fov when your side screens are different than your main? For example I have a 22"W in the middle with 2x 19" standards on the sides. Using Wide Screen Fixer I can get the Aspect ratio on the middle screen correct but the sides are distorted, or I can get the sides correct but the middle is distorted. I run 1280+1600+1280 Horizontal by 1024 Vertical.