Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Oct 2024, 18:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Preview 10.3a is up
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 17:10 

God sweet driver. It will not overwrite and save profiles even after I edit one. Everytime I go from Eyefinity when it works to Extended my monitors or all out of wack and different every time. I made a little video of what happened when I went to Eyefinity mode. This is absolute garbage. The 10.3 preview I had before worked good. Besides crashing all the time in BC2. And the ATIKMPAG.SYS BSOD I got but hey no one has ever heard of that before even ATI reps know nothing or they just don't want to comment.

But if you are bored and want to see something awesome that this driver does check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSmVQVmJICQ

Enjoy!!!!!!!

I had to unplug my monitor and cable because the one that was messed up was my main monitor in Eyefinity so I could not get to anything. After I did that it showed two monitors then I plugged it back in and detected monitors then it popped up.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 17:53 

Good god, so I decided to call ATI and talk to support then I got transferred to higher level support and I can't beleive some of the stuff the guy was telling me.

Basically he admitted to them not doing much testing and it is a very common problem to reproduce old problems, I said so they don't regression test and he said not always haha.

Then I ask him about the atikmpag.sys BSOD and he said yea it is known and is a common problem that can happen but there is no way for us to test it so there is no information on it. He said there is no known hardware that is causing it. I said so it is driver related then, he said yea pretty much I guess you could say that haha. He said that it is to difficult to replicate for them to test to see what is causing the problem.

He also went on to say every driver he has used for the past 10 years has had some kind of problem, he said there will always be some type of problem with each driver release just depends on the system. And it is all tested with the Cert Team, and all this is driver related.

He said he suggest finding a driver that works for what I want it to do basically have to pick and choose what is more important to me. I have now made up my mind and going to sell my card. I am not going to deal with working driver here and there and then new drivers reproducing old problems because they don't know or feel like doing a deep testing plan.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 19:32 

goodness.. I'll stick to 10.1 for now. :/

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 20:39 

Good god, so I decided to call ATI and talk to support then I got transferred to higher level support and I can't beleive some of the stuff the guy was telling me.

Basically he admitted to them not doing much testing and it is a very common problem to reproduce old problems, I said so they don't regression test and he said not always haha.

Then I ask him about the atikmpag.sys BSOD and he said yea it is known and is a common problem that can happen but there is no way for us to test it so there is no information on it. He said there is no known hardware that is causing it. I said so it is driver related then, he said yea pretty much I guess you could say that haha. He said that it is to difficult to replicate for them to test to see what is causing the problem.

He also went on to say every driver he has used for the past 10 years has had some kind of problem, he said there will always be some type of problem with each driver release just depends on the system. And it is all tested with the Cert Team, and all this is driver related.

He said he suggest finding a driver that works for what I want it to do basically have to pick and choose what is more important to me. I have now made up my mind and going to sell my card. I am not going to deal with working driver here and there and then new drivers reproducing old problems because they don't know or feel like doing a deep testing plan.

nvidia is 10x worse at the moment

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 20:53 

[quote]Good god, so I decided to call ATI and talk to support then I got transferred to higher level support and I can't beleive some of the stuff the guy was telling me.

nvidia is 10x worse at the moment

Sure they are maybe if you are trying to run them with your ATI card pfffft. Why do you even bother trying to argue with me about driver issues. I am on the EVGA forums and people are laughing at this. They do not have these problems so what ever. Don't feed people garbage. This is honestly exactly what the tech was telling me.

Anyway after fiddling with these for ever I uninstalled ran driver sweeper in safe mode. Re installed and they are still messed up. After messing with the profiles for ever. I noticed we are back to having to well at least I am I have to hit my Extended shortcut 3 times for it to align properlly odd I was just mentioning about not doing any regression testing.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 21:19 

Yep first time I click the Extended Shortcut it turns off both side monitors awesome.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 23:01 

Update:

After reinstalling and uninstalling swapping cable config on card about 15 times today. It has finally installed correctly and saves my profiles in the correct configuration. I do not know what the issues was but I just kept uninstalling and then reinstalling and swapped the cable config a couple times and now it is working. Just played BC2 for a bit and it did not crash so... we will see.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 23:27 

Yep first time I click the Extended Shortcut it turns off both side monitors awesome.

When I switch from my eyefinity profile to regular extended, the monitors are in the wrong order. Reloading the regular profile 3 times gets them in the correct order. I've tried remaking the profile 2-3 times and I get this quirk every time.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 23:36 
Insiders
Insiders

I get another 7fps in Crysis EF benchmark. All other games benched within 2fps of the previous 10.3 beta drivers. Profiles load from hotkey and shortcuts a bit quicker, but the display arrangement is still incorrect, but only for the left display, for some reason. Loading the profile once more fixes this. Maybe it's because it's on DVI 2? Or is it 1? I dunno; surely one of the DVI connectors but be considered the first on a 5870? I would assume it's the one closest the PCB...

Anyway, I don't really see a change. But certainly no worse, so it's good enough.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 09:17 

I used the press release version of 10.3 drivers with windows 7, and NFS shift was very often freezing.
With this version no freezing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next