Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 10:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 01:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Okay, it seems that this game hasn't been tested here at a screen res of 3240x1920
The FOV fix thing works (not that i need it) but the quests menu is broken still, even with the fix and even with a screen res of under 4000 wide.

methinks the height may be an issue too.

Please look into this if you can!

That is a portrait mode.. and no..it wasnt tested nor will it..Eyefinity in Portrait mode is a waste of time..Why? Its way simpler to buy a bigger screen... If you don't like it don't use it..
And btw, I do believe the quest menu is fixed for all resolutions or mode...but I bet you didnt press the magic key ( J or what you defined)..

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 11:22 
Yes it is portrait mode, and yes it may be a waste of time for games, and getting a 42 inch monitor may be cheaper. oh wait... where do you find those? I got these screens for under £600 which is in turn cheaper and higher resolution than getting a 30" monitor. i actually make use of the higher resolution OUT of games in certain applications to be able to do, and see more at once. running a 42" tv at 1080p would be totally rubbish for this. also in movies, it looks much better vs landscape eyefinity as much more is shown.
I don't have the room for landscape eyefinity, never mind that and a 42" for games and another single monitor so i killed 2 birds with one stone for less money and getting more screen space out of it.
another plus is that it is more immersive as the game doesn't look like a letterbox unless you use 3x30" , and many more games support this aspect ratio over landscape as it is between 16:9 and 16:10

and by the way, yes, i did use the magic key.

Please don't jump to conclusions about what people have and why YOU don't think they should have it. this is a widescreen gaming forum. My screen res is widescreen, so therefore why should i be left out?
maybe you want be to fork out more money and get a 4K tv, and THEN you will help?

i just asked for help. that's all.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 13:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Yes it is portrait mode, and yes it may be a waste of time for games, and getting a 42 inch monitor may be cheaper. oh wait... where do you find those? I got these screens for under £600 which is in turn cheaper and higher resolution than getting a 30" monitor. i actually make use of the higher resolution OUT of games in certain applications to be able to do, and see more at once. running a 42" tv at 1080p would be totally rubbish for this. also in movies, it looks much better vs landscape eyefinity as much more is shown.
I don't have the room for landscape eyefinity, never mind that and a 42" for games and another single monitor so i killed 2 birds with one stone for less money and getting more screen space out of it.
another plus is that it is more immersive as the game doesn't look like a letterbox unless you use 3x30" , and many more games support this aspect ratio over landscape as it is between 16:9 and 16:10

and by the way, yes, i did use the magic key.

Please don't jump to conclusions about what people have and why YOU don't think they should have it. this is a widescreen gaming forum. My screen res is widescreen, so therefore why should i be left out?
maybe you want be to fork out more money and get a 4K tv, and THEN you will help?

i just asked for help. that's all.

Hi,

I did not mean to offend you, I appologize if it looked like that. What I wanted to say is most people use 3X1L. I also use a 3x1L. Since I don't have a 3x1P mode it is hard for me to make it work with that mode. What I wanted to say with the fact that 3x1P is a waste of time is that you gain almost nothing in gaming, except for a bigger screen overall but the Aspect ratio is still 1.6 that of a classic 16:10 screen. The real benefit will be a Landscape mode that adds alot to your peripheral view. I understand that you cannot set it up in a Landscape mode.

Since this is a free fix, not made for any money like you imply, it was made for most of the people with a 3x1L, based on my setup and on the things I can test. Your resolution is a widescreen resolution, but if you really want to bash someone you should do it with the people who made the game not me who I tried to make it work for people who use more than 1 monitor. That being said, unfortunately I cannot test this mode and have no idea how the engine works with this higher resolution. even is the aspect ratio is 1.6xx

Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

Post subject: helifax wrote:Hi, I did
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 14:35 

Hi,

I did not mean to offend you, I appologize if it looked like that. What I wanted to say is most people use 3X1L. I also use a 3x1L. Since I don't have a 3x1P mode it is hard for me to make it work with that mode. What I wanted to say with the fact that 3x1P is a waste of time is that you gain almost nothing in gaming, except for a bigger screen overall but the Aspect ratio is still 1.6 that of a classic 16:10 screen. The real benefit will be a Landscape mode that adds alot to your peripheral view. I understand that you cannot set it up in a Landscape mode.

Since this is a free fix, not made for any money like you imply, it was made for most of the people with a 3x1L, based on my setup and on the things I can test. Your resolution is a widescreen resolution, but if you really want to bash someone you should do it with the people who made the game not me who I tried to make it work for people who use more than 1 monitor. That being said, unfortunately I cannot test this mode and have no idea how the engine works with this higher resolution. even is the aspect ratio is 1.6xx

Helifax

I understand, no offense taken. I'm not specifically trying to bash you for the problems being there.
I don't agree that NOTHING is gained with portrait gaming, although it really does depend on the game itself. 1st person RPG's like skyrim are more immersive with a large screen in front of you, and the top of the screen above your head. If i look into the centre of the screen, then my peripheral vision ends at the edges of the screen. Other games have a UI that scales to the screen resolution, and others have one which stays the same scale, just like like the windows UI, which is useful for monitors that are close.
Anyway, going a little off topic here.

The menu fix seems to only make "menu" (the text in the bottom corner show up, and that's it.

I do have a "fix" myself though. I can change the resolution to 2700x1600 and the menu does show up, however there is the blurriness of running a game outside the native resolution just like 1280x720 vs 1920x1080. - edit. okay, the menu shows up, but is still entirely unresponsive :(

After some testing, the menu shows at resolutions of 2560x1600 and 2700x1600, but us not responsive. I have tried at 2560x1440 and it IS responsive, so vertical resolution DOES make a difference as well as horizontal. 4000 wide or greater, 1600 high or greater. did you do anything specific for the width that you could do for the height too?

I would believe it is possible to test in this mode as you have 3 screens though. it would be pretty strange as they would still be landscape but you would be able to see how game engines work at that size.

I do very much agree that it is down to the game devs to create fix, however a lot of companies just rush a game out, release a few small patches or none at all and are done with it, and never actualyl put any effort into a quality release. an obvious exception is CD Project and witcher 2. actually listening to their fans and making quality updates, fair priced games, removing DRM as they know it never works like it is intended, and FREE expansions to the game.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 16:35 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]
Hi,

Helifax

I understand, no offense taken. I'm not specifically trying to bash you for the problems being there.
I don't agree that NOTHING is gained with portrait gaming, although it really does depend on the game itself. 1st person RPG's like skyrim are more immersive with a large screen in front of you, and the top of the screen above your head. If i look into the centre of the screen, then my peripheral vision ends at the edges of the screen. Other games have a UI that scales to the screen resolution, and others have one which stays the same scale, just like like the windows UI, which is useful for monitors that are close.
Anyway, going a little off topic here.

The menu fix seems to only make "menu" (the text in the bottom corner show up, and that's it.

I do have a "fix" myself though. I can change the resolution to 2700x1600 and the menu does show up, however there is the blurriness of running a game outside the native resolution just like 1280x720 vs 1920x1080. - edit. okay, the menu shows up, but is still entirely unresponsive :(

After some testing, the menu shows at resolutions of 2560x1600 and 2700x1600, but us not responsive. I have tried at 2560x1440 and it IS responsive, so vertical resolution DOES make a difference as well as horizontal. 4000 wide or greater, 1600 high or greater. did you do anything specific for the width that you could do for the height too?

I would believe it is possible to test in this mode as you have 3 screens though. it would be pretty strange as they would still be landscape but you would be able to see how game engines work at that size.

I do very much agree that it is down to the game devs to create fix, however a lot of companies just rush a game out, release a few small patches or none at all and are done with it, and never actualyl put any effort into a quality release. an obvious exception is CD Project and witcher 2. actually listening to their fans and making quality updates, fair priced games, removing DRM as they know it never works like it is intended, and FREE expansions to the game.

Hmm!!! I do have a small idea...will need to look in the code.. Perhaps I can also downgrade the height not to exceed 1600 since it seems that is the limitation... I will try to look into this when I have a small free time;))

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 16:41 
Thanks a lot mate!
I will do any testing that you need, Just ask :)

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 15:57 

Do you think there will be a fix for version 1.0.0.2 of this game?

Widescreen Fixer only currently has fixes for 1.0.1 (which I'm assuming is the equivalent to 1.0.0.1).

Just wondering :)

Post subject: ruggerxpunk wrote:Do you
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 19:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Do you think there will be a fix for version 1.0.0.2 of this game?

Widescreen Fixer only currently has fixes for 1.0.1 (which I'm assuming is the equivalent to 1.0.0.1).

Hey there:))

Well the fix works:) 1.0.1 means the version of the game not the exe file:) So 1.0.0 was the initial release (exe 1.0.0.1)
Fix 1.0.1 is for exe 1.0.0.2. Just test it right now and it still works:)
So you can safely use it;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 03:30 

I'm curious if I'm the only one having this issue or not but it just started occurring.

I'm in the Teeth of Naros DLC, Running the latest version of Widescreen Fixer. v3.1 r430. The game played fine over the weekend in this DLC on r425, however today I can load the game, use the magic button to correct FOV and play all I want, until I hit a load screen. In particular, I'm at the section of the DLC where you must go into the sewer after speaking with the hermit guy. If I hit the magic button and hit the sewer the game crashes with "Kingdoms of Amalur has stopped responding". If I enter the sewer first then hit the button, all is well until the next load.

The crashing also occurs if the fixer is active and I attempt to use the teleports down in the sewers.

I can load the game, hit the button, and immediately hit the teleport which queues a load screen and I can do it, the first time. After I spend a few seconds playing I can't hit load screens without crashes.

I've done the norm, verified game cache, rebooted, made sure widescreen fixer is the latest version...even rolled back to the version that worked on Sunday and no dice, still crashes but I receive no crashes if widescreen fixer isn't enabled.

I tend to ramble in posts so I hope I've given clear information.

I'm on W7 64-bit, 2x Nvidia GTX 570's in SLi.

EDIT: I should also mention I'm on the Steam version, single monitor @ 1920x1080

TIA
Chris

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 12:45 

[quote]Do you think there will be a fix for version 1.0.0.2 of this game?

Hey there:))

Well the fix works:) 1.0.1 means the version of the game not the exe file:) So 1.0.0 was the initial release (exe 1.0.0.1)
Fix 1.0.1 is for exe 1.0.0.2. Just test it right now and it still works:)
So you can safely use it;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Ah ha!

Right you are again Helifax! This time I enabled the fix immediately (before the game even loaded) and sure enough, it looks spectacular!

Thanks again for taking the time to put me on the right track. Once school is done next week, I"m gonna have plenty of time to actually enjoy these three screens. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next