Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 06:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2013, 17:08 

Hi all,

I bought Mass effect (1) on greenman gaming, because it was only 5 bux, but didn't realize it needed to be activated through origin. I didn't think that would be a problem, but noticed that in widescreen fixer, the only patch to choose is the steam version (1.02) and when starting the game, the "fix" is not applied. I am guessing because it is only looking for the steam version exe or something? Is there a way to fix this, to see if the "fix" can be applied to the exe through origin?

The main issue is that the HUD is way off the screen, but normally WS Fixer or Flawless WS fixes these issues for me. I am using a Dell UltraSharp U2913WM (2560x1080 21:9).

Flawless WS seems to activate, but I still have the same issue of the HUD going way off the screen.

Any other things I could try or tips to run at my native resolution?

Thank you for any help.

LB

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2013, 20:29 
Insiders
Insiders

I think in Me1 you need to manually activate the fix by pressing the numpad *(star key) or whatever key you are setting in WSF Settings tab.
I haven't tested it with 21:9 single monitor, but if it doesn't work or an error is thrown let me know and I will update the plugin;)))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2013, 20:49 

Hi helifax,

Thank you for the reply! :) OK, I was not aware I needed ot hit the designated key to make teh "fix" work. I made that key (-) the subtract key on the num pad. I hit it at the main menu, nothing happended, but when I go to resume a game, it crashes right away with the below log. It will also crash right away if I have the fix enabled right at the dev intro movies too.

Is there another log somewhere that you need to see?

Thank you very much for your help!

LB

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MassEffect.exe
Application Version: 1.2.20608.0
Application Timestamp: 4a55ff66
Fault Module Name: MassEffect.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.2.20608.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a55ff66
Exception Code: c0000096
Exception Offset: 00b5b5a7
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9e49
Additional Information 2: 9e49613274b658b02eec839158645c3d
Additional Information 3: 9e49
Additional Information 4: 9e49613274b658b02eec839158645c3d

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 12:08 
Insiders
Insiders

LiquidBronze wrote:
Hi helifax,

Thank you for the reply! :) OK, I was not aware I needed ot hit the designated key to make teh "fix" work. I made that key (-) the subtract key on the num pad. I hit it at the main menu, nothing happended, but when I go to resume a game, it crashes right away with the below log. It will also crash right away if I have the fix enabled right at the dev intro movies too.

Is there another log somewhere that you need to see?

Thank you very much for your help!

LB

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MassEffect.exe
Application Version: 1.2.20608.0
Application Timestamp: 4a55ff66
Fault Module Name: MassEffect.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.2.20608.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a55ff66
Exception Code: c0000096
Exception Offset: 00b5b5a7
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9e49
Additional Information 2: 9e49613274b658b02eec839158645c3d
Additional Information 3: 9e49
Additional Information 4: 9e49613274b658b02eec839158645c3d

Are you using Mass Effect from Steam or Origin? Or a Retail Disc version?
I tested the plugin with the Steam and Origin version and I get no crash... (The crash happens mostly because the exe is different, which is the case for a retail version)

You can also try with the latest version of the Mass Effect plugin found here: 3D Surround Gallery -> My WSF Mods

Based on this info, I can probably help you once you tell all the above;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 14:31 

Hi helifax,

Thank you for the help once again! I believe this may be considered the "disc" version now that I think of it, but not 100% ?

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p ... effect-na/

You get an old code that you need to then resister via an old EA site. You then get a new code for the game to be put into your origin library to play it. So I am not 100% sure that it is considered "disc" or "origin" exe.

I just went to the exe's root path and made a shortcut ont he desktop anyway. Should there be an option in the WS Fixer drop down for ver.1.02 origin when you hit the config icon?

Tried that new plugin as well, same thing, just CTD instantly, with that error message I pasted before.

Do you need any more info?

EDIT: FYI, I have also used LAA on the exe in order for the texture mod "MEUITM" to work. I tried using the non modified exe and I got the same crash as well. So whether or not the exe was modified using LAA, it didn't matter, same crash.

Thanks again!

LB

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 16:32 
Insiders
Insiders

LiquidBronze wrote:
Hi helifax,

Thank you for the help once again! I believe this may be considered the "disc" version now that I think of it, but not 100% ?

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p ... effect-na/

You get an old code that you need to then resister via an old EA site. You then get a new code for the game to be put into your origin library to play it. So I am not 100% sure that it is considered "disc" or "origin" exe.

I just went to the exe's root path and made a shortcut ont he desktop anyway. Should there be an option in the WS Fixer drop down for ver.1.02 origin when you hit the config icon?

Tried that new plugin as well, same thing, just CTD instantly, with that error message I pasted before.

Do you need any more info?

EDIT: FYI, I have also used LAA on the exe in order for the texture mod "MEUITM" to work. I tried using the non modified exe and I got the same crash as well. So whether or not the exe was modified using LAA, it didn't matter, same crash.

Thanks again!

LB

So...basically you installed it from a disc but still requires Origin to play? I am confused hahahaha. Anyway... I know this is a bit much to ask, but you can you see if you uninstall it if you can download it and install it from Origin?
Last I checked The Origin & Steam versions were the same...but I might be wrong... I need to double check that.

Just Rechecked and its the same version.
Does your game version etc lists as in the attached picture?

Attachments:
me.png
me.png [ 49.7 KiB | Viewed 13902 times ]

Last edited by helifax on 12 Oct 2013, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 16:34 

Sorry, just to clarify, I did download and install from origin. The key that was given to me, I believe would be considered a "disc" key, because it is so old.

So the game was installed through origin.

Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: Yes, my game config tab has those same game version numbers as in your screen shot above.

Last edited by LiquidBronze on 12 Oct 2013, 19:32, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 16:39 
Insiders
Insiders

LiquidBronze wrote:
Sorry, just to clarify, I did download and install from origin. The key that was given to me, I believe would be considered a "disc" key, because it is so old.

So the game was installed through origin.

Sorry for the confusion.

No problem! So, then It's not a disc version (you can still find the disc version on ebay or the sorts where you don't require Origin to launch it) and so on. So basically you do have a Digital Version. I wonder why this happens. I will try to reinstall my version on Origin and see if something else is different... keep you posted;)

Edit: Ok I managed to replicate the issue! Apparently it appears on the Origin Version Only...lol...I will look into it a bit later on;)) thx

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 19:31 

Great!! Thank you very much for checking into it helifax :)

LB

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013, 17:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated the Plugin to work with the Origin Version (apparently it uses a different Exe.. :doh: )
Also added support for 21:9 Monitors.

You can download the latest version from 3D Surround Gallery -> My WSF MODS

For 21:9 only Configure the plugin manually like this:
- Monitor Count = 1
- Uncorrected Resolution = 1920 x 1080
- Corrected Resolution = 2560 x 1080

(The rule is simple: Uncorrected is your standard 16:10, 16:9 resolution, Corrected is your 21:9 resolution. However both resolutions must be VALID and have the same VALID HEIGHT)