Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 06:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 18:25 

I need some help from this wonderful community that is out there.

For my rig's details look at my signature.

In my signature i have my monitor setup.
Now for some reason the widescreen fixer recognizes my other mini display monitor that i use purely to monitor the temperatures and what music is playing from my rig. I've been trying to run skyrim but i have found that the Widescreen Fixer recognizes that i have 2 displays and then adjusts the Uncorrected Resolution and Bezel Corrected Resolution to that new view.

Is there anyway to just have it point to the triple screen desktop, which AMD C.C recognizes as 5760 x 1080?

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX / GEN3 R2.0
Graphics Card 1: Sapphire Radeon 7970 Vapor-X 6GB
Graphics Card 2: Sapphire Radeon 7970

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 18:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Naxbetissa wrote:
I need some help from this wonderful community that is out there.

For my rig's details look at my signature.

In my signature i have my monitor setup.
Now for some reason the widescreen fixer recognizes my other mini display monitor that i use purely to monitor the temperatures and what music is playing from my rig. I've been trying to run skyrim but i have found that the Widescreen Fixer recognizes that i have 2 displays and then adjusts the Uncorrected Resolution and Bezel Corrected Resolution to that new view.

Is there anyway to just have it point to the triple screen desktop, which AMD C.C recognizes as 5760 x 1080?

Hey there,

WideScreen Fixer queries the nVAPI and the AMD API for display configuration. I don't think there is any problem with your configuration, but rather with WSF on how he interprets the results from the driver.

Have you tried to manually put the resolution and monitor count in widescreen fixer and launch a game ? It should work on manual mode. Also, you can contact dopefish since he wrote the driver query methods for WideScreen Fixer.

Let me know if that does the trick:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 19:54 

With these settings

Attachment:
File comment: Skyrim Settings
Skyrim settings.PNG
Skyrim settings.PNG [ 46.91 KiB | Viewed 3259 times ]

it causes this issue

Attachment:
File comment: Failure
Skyrim failed.PNG
Skyrim failed.PNG [ 32.72 KiB | Viewed 3260 times ]

gonna change the display count back to 1

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 19:57 

This is what it gave me when i tried just 1 screen

Attachment:
File comment: Nothing just background and sound
2013-06-02_00001.jpg
2013-06-02_00001.jpg [ 345.45 KiB | Viewed 3255 times ]

Nothing just background and sound

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 21:13 
Insiders
Insiders

Naxbetissa wrote:

Attachment:
2013-06-02_00001.jpg

The error that you get there.. is from SKYRIM not WSF... WSF doen't do anything with the nvidia or amd drivers. All it's calculations are internal and hooks directly in the process AFTER launch not before.

Try to put it on manual mode like before(3 screens and correct resolution) and increase the delay timer. I think you need to increase it actually around 10-15 seconds (depends how much the game is moded from where you launch it, etc).

Let me know if this helps

PS: Also you need to set the same resolution in SkyrimPrefs.ini as the one you will use in WideScreen Fixer

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 22:00 

helifax wrote:
Naxbetissa wrote:

Attachment:
2013-06-02_00001.jpg

The error that you get there.. is from SKYRIM not WSF... WSF doen't do anything with the nvidia or amd drivers. All it's calculations are internal and hooks directly in the process AFTER launch not before.

Try to put it on manual mode like before(3 screens and correct resolution) and increase the delay timer. I think you need to increase it actually around 10-15 seconds (depends how much the game is moded from where you launch it, etc).

Let me know if this helps

PS: Also you need to set the same resolution in SkyrimPrefs.ini as the one you will use in WideScreen Fixer

this did help out, along with the PS
but i still it not working. along with the fact that Widescreen Fixer is auto-starting as Skyrim launches

height is set to 1080
width is set to 5760.

When i launch the game, it auto resets the screen resolution to 1920 x 1080

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 22:31 
Editors
Editors

So, when you run it normal it resizes to 1920x1080 ?
When you run with fix enabled it gives the error?

You never had Skyrim running before ?

Did you try without WSF, just start skyrim, set resolution in the options to "set default" and start up then. Does that work in eyefinity ?
Whats your driver version? When did you last update ?

P.S Such things as "Speccs see Signature" are really unhelpfull. 1st you might change the signature sometime, 2nd when you get a new system next year the complete post is useless, 3rd signature is not included by the Forums search!
It would be easy but a great help if you could just Copy and Paste the signature content into the first post :onethumb:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 22:44 

Haldi wrote:

Did you try without WSF, just start skyrim, set resolution in the options to "set default" and start up then. Does that work in eyefinity ?

P.S Such things as "Speccs see Signature" are really unhelpfull. 1st you might change the signature sometime, 2nd when you get a new system next year the complete post is useless, 3rd signature is not included by the Forums search!
It would be easy but a great help if you could just Copy and Paste the signature content into the first post :onethumb:

When i run the game with fix (it auto enables for some reason as soon as game starts), it will auto reset size and then because the other monitors aren't running it will disable it self.

I've had skyrim running before, it was working with all DLC until it updated, then it didn't work, however i did use flawless widescreen instead which worked perfectly. I did set it default automatically, but still doesn't run.

Driver Version for AMD is updated to the most recent drivers.
Game is at lastest update with all DLC.

Thank you for the advice, will use that next time.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013, 02:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Naxbetissa wrote:
Haldi wrote:

When i run the game with fix (it auto enables for some reason as soon as game starts), it will auto reset size and then because the other monitors aren't running it will disable it self.

I've had skyrim running before, it was working with all DLC until it updated, then it didn't work, however i did use flawless widescreen instead which worked perfectly. I did set it default automatically, but still doesn't run.

Can you put again the resolution 5760x1080 in Skyrimprefs.ini and after make the file as read-only? (I think the launcher is re-writing it).
Yes the Skyrim plugin auto-enables itself after the delay timeout set. If you want I can make a plugin that enables when you want(auto-enable is disabled)

Let me know if this works.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013, 02:39 

helifax wrote:
Naxbetissa wrote:
Haldi wrote:

Can you put again the resolution 5760x1080 in Skyrimprefs.ini and after make the file as read-only? (I think the launcher is re-writing it).
Yes the Skyrim plugin auto-enables itself after the delay timeout set. If you want I can make a plugin that enables when you want(auto-enable is disabled)

Let me know if this works.

So here's the kicker;
Skyrimprefs.ini is still saying
iSize H=1080
iSize W=5760

and i tried read-only still an issue.
Also the plugin to have it enable when you type the command to enable/disable fixes would be great.