Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 06:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 02:29 

I have 2 GFX560ti GPU set-up in SLI to provide spanning (surround) over three Acer A231H (23") monitors. A fourth Acer monitor, X193W, provides a 4th monitor in non-surroud mode through the power of a GeForce 8500GT card. This arrangement appears to be doing the trick for most of my needs, barring a few well known inconveniences.

I use my system predominantly for Microsoft's FSX. A great experience. The problem I am having, and I hope someone is able to relate and possible provide some advise, results with the attempt to use FSX's full screen option. Although I rarely fly in full screen mode, several of the available panel views rely on full screen mode to display the view.

When I try to enable full screen mode, or one of the associated panel views, if I don't get a blank display, I get an odd mix between virtual cockpit (windowed mode) and full screen components. Needless to say, it's unusable, and I end up returning to VC in windowed mode. Nothing severe, but the worst annoyance is the persistent and impossible to get rid of is the appearance of the mouse cursor.

What would normally be the Windows 7 normal select arrow, it becomes replaced by a rapidly flickering between the normal select arrow and the Win7 busy circle cursor. Very very distracting and only a restart of FSX gets rid of it.

So ... anyone have any similar experiences?

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 13:43 

It might help to go through the SLI config process again, also make sure monitors are connected as shown in the Control panel. That gave me fits and caused similar problems. If no luck with a fix then (in case you don't have it) get AUTO-HOTKEYS. I use that program frequently with FSX, especially when I need to get to a menu. Here are the details from the "Readme":
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a small autohotkey script: pressing Win+F11 maximizes any window
and removes the window title bar, buttons and borders; pressing Win+F11 again
restores the window to its previous size and position.
This makes flying in 'full screen' possible whilst still having access to
addons on a secundary monitor.
Please make sure you have the windows task bar set to 'auto hide'.
You need to download and install autohotkey first.
For instructions and the documentation of autohotkey see www.autohotkey.com
Have Fun!
Maarten Boelens
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PC is used almost exclusively for FSX and I really like this progam. As good as full screen without loss of framerates as far as I can tell.
AS for the flickering Mouse: That happens to me when I hit a Shift+ a number which is not a proper window address. eg. The Duke Baron has no panel associated with Shift+1 (I think) so if I accidentally press that sequence the blinking Cursor begins. I only have to restart a flight to stop it, not necessary to restart FSX
Hope this helps

Post subject: Hi I am using 3x 3d
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2012, 15:02 

Hi I am using 3x 3d projectors of a gtx 590 card and have an additional gt440 for the instruments. Thus works fine in full screen or windowed mode but If I add a second monitor to the gt440 giving me 5 monitors in total I get a similar all black screens with a bit of widows desktop poking through and I have to remove tht 5th monitor and reboot to get back to normal.. I also tried using a USB driven 7" touch screen monitor but I got the same effect.. Have not found a fix yet..
As reguard the flickering mouse pointer, I used to get that all the time if trying to open the main instrument panel 2d view, it has to do with the size of the instrument panel in the panel.cfg file. Once you get your head around the how the panel.cfg file works you can set it so it fits a 4th monitor perfectly..

For example, find this file in win 7 for you chosen aircraft..
C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsRotorcraftRobinson_R22panel
find the culprit panel usally the main panel..

[Window00]
file=robinson_r22_background.bmp
file_1024_night=robinson_r22_background_night.bmp
size_mm=622, 768
window_size= 0.607, 1.0 (play with these numbers, start with maybe 0.2, 0.5)
position=6
visible=1
ident=MAIN_PANEL

Then save the file and reload he aircraft..I had to do it for every aircraft in FSX..