Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 07:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 03:13 

I cannot seem to get a straight answer on this. Will a Saphire Flex Edition 6950 have the common screen tearing issue that happens when you mix a DP signal with other types, OR will the screen tearing issues be fixed because all 3 monitors can be connected through DVI???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7_Jts9pf-o&feature=related

In that video he is using my exact same GPU, and my exact same cable setup( all three DVI, one HDMI>DVI adapter)
He is getting no screen tearing. See for yourself...

So that tells me that this is a fixable problem.

I am having a real hard time getting replies, I'll paypal 10 bucks to whoever can get this solved for me. There has to be someone on this board that has bought a flex edition that can tell me how to fix this.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 05:03 
Editors
Editors

i have a normal HD6970, 2x DVI and 1x DP. No tearing at all.

Tearing only seems to happen if you use an adapter! And not with all, just with some.... It's kinda hard to say in which configuration it does and when it doesn't. Can't say it before you tried it out. Maybe doesn't with your system, but with some1 else's

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 07:02 

HDMI and DVI are identical. So the HDMI>DVI adapter cannot be the issue.

I even went ahead and tried it without the adapter, just 2xDVI and 1 HDMI and as soon as i put it in eyefinity mode the screen tearing returned.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 07:58 

jesus christ can anyone give me a god damn solution? the guy in the video clearly doesnt have this shit so there should be a way for me to fix it

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 09:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Hm. I came in here willing to give you a straight answer. But after reading that rude and thankless post previous to this one, I decided nto to.

Have fun, buddy. A shitty attitude will get you very little - particularly when looking for assistance.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 14:07 
Editors
Editors

Hm. I came in here willing to give you a straight answer. But after reading that rude and thankless post previous to this one, I decided nto to.

Have fun, buddy. A shitty attitude will get you very little - particularly when looking for assistance.

Thats harsh xD but he deserves it.

hei Kirota, why don't you try to contact that guy in the Video ? If he manages to do Without Tearing and you don't he should know why, shouldn't he ?

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 18:49 

I cannot seem to get a straight answer on this. Will a Saphire Flex Edition 6950 have the common screen tearing issue that happens when you mix a DP signal with other types, OR will the screen tearing issues be fixed because all 3 monitors can be connected through DVI???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7_Jts9pf-o&feature=related

In that video he is using my exact same GPU, and my exact same cable setup( all three DVI, one HDMI>DVI adapter)
He is getting no screen tearing. See for yourself...

So that tells me that this is a fixable problem.

I am having a real hard time getting replies, I'll paypal 10 bucks to whoever can get this solved for me. There has to be someone on this board that has bought a flex edition that can tell me how to fix this.

I've been running this GPU for about a week now using the 2x DVI, HDMI > DVI Solution and I have had no tearing whatsoever. I'm about to check if I have the same results using 2xDVI and mDP > DVI.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 19:36 

So are you not getting screen tearing in games either? I dont get screen tearing in extended desktop mode, only in eyefinity mode. Could you also tell me what drivers you are using? thanks, that means this should be a simple fix. Also whats the refresh rate on your monitors? Mines max is 75 on all 3( all the same) but eyefinity is locked at 60hz....Could this be causing some sort of issue

Post subject: Thankless and rude? More
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 19:44 

Thankless and rude? More agitated that on a forum of eyefinity experts I cant get a helpful reply all day. And I have messaged the guy in the video, but he does not reply.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 19:53 

So are you not getting screen tearing in games either? I dont get screen tearing in extended desktop mode, only in eyefinity mode. Could you also tell me what drivers you are using? thanks, that means this should be a simple fix. Also whats the refresh rate on your monitors? Mines max is 75 on all 3( all the same) but eyefinity is locked at 60hz....Could this be causing some sort of issue

Just got back from testing mDP > DVI using http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999034 and I don't have any tearing either. All of my displays can max at 75hz as well. For what it's worth, I'm running 3 Asus VH202T-P under the latest drivers v.8.911-111025a-128243C-ATI with Catalyst 11.11.