Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 21:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2010, 19:13 

I am reviewing the Mviewer MV103-HDVE PRO today which I have been comparing to the Matrox TripleHead2Go. First I would like to say that I have been through hours and hours of struggling with both boxes to achieve 5040x1050 resolution. I was one of those in the middle of changing over to Windows 64bit OS from Vista and XP and kept questioning all of my efforts with each new operating system. I read through all of the theories that we all cannot get 5040x1050 due to Nvidia drivers or Matrox software / firmware. It was not until I read and applied the information from http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=17827 did I get 5040x1050 at 59-60Hz with Aero and the latest drivers from Nvidia. Prior to this I only got 5040x1050 with Nvidia 182.50 drivers, but with no AERO. But it seems the solution has been found. Now we can just say that YES, both boxes work at 5040x1050 with AERO, the latest drivers and working game solutions. :rockout

Receiving the Package

I received a well packed box from China which can get very beat up from traveling overseas. I would only hope that Mviewer would create styrofoam mold packing for shipping. Inside I found a well made black metal box (approx 6 1/3 x 5 1/9 x 4/5 in.) with:
A – RS-232 communication port (Software can configure the MV103-HDVE PRO through this interface)
B – DVI-D input which is connected to the output of your graphics card (This cable will also allow the Mviewer to communicate with your PC)
C – LEDs (Power On and Working Status Lights)
D – 5V DC power socket
E, F, G – Three DVI-I type outputs to the monitors which supports both VGA and digital outputs. (Max video pixel rate is 165MHz)

Included in the box was:
RS-232 cable
5V DC Power Adapter
Dual-link DVI Cable
Software and Instructions CD (There are instruction files in English and Chinese, just pick your language)

Notes from Company Website
http://www.mviewtech.com/ :searchplease
Notes that came from Mviewer company:
1.support the world`s first 4200x1050 60Hz resolution which can support three SXGA+ projectors @ WINXP32/64,VISTA32/64 and Windows7 32/64.
2.support the world`s first 5760x1080P 50Hz resolution @ WINXP and VISTA
3.support the world`s first 5040x1050 60HZ resolution @ WINXP32/64,VISTA32/64 and Windows7 32/64.
4.support the world`s first 4800x900 60HZ resolution @ WINXP32/64,VISTA32/64 and Windows7 32/64.
5.user can enable DX10 in Vista and Windows7
6.No HDCP
7.No bezel management.
8.support ATI and NVIDIA card with DVI output.
9.user can configure display format with DDC or RS232.

My comments on the Mviewer MV103-HDVE PRO

Ok, so far so good.......With everything turned off I attached my three 22" monitors to the new Mviewer MV103-HDVE PRO, added the cable to my computer, plugged in the power and turn on my computer. It worked exactly as stated in the directions and my computer started up with a standard resolution of 3840x1024. I installed the Mviewer monitor driver and then worked toward my 5040x1050 res. At this point I went through countless hours of struggling to get my 5040x1050 resolution before eventually finding the post that explains this solution. Again, Yes it works great with 5040x1050 resolution, AERO working and the latest drivers after reading the post http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=17827
Let it be noted that I found the software tool sent with this product to be of no use to me. It simply would not set up my resolution and was not listed in the wide screen modes during setup. I eventually fixed all of this with a simple custom resolution as found in the mentioned post.

At the time I was going to write my review of the Mviewer MV103-HDVE PRO as the SOLUTION TO MATROX. The Mviewer box was the solution having the ability to run 5040x1050 res at 60Hz. Previously the 60Hz was a big problem for Matrox. No one could get the resolution without compromising to 57 Hz and old drivers. This created another problem for Matrox since we all had to figure out which monitors to buy that could run 57 Hz. We all struggled to get our games to work and tinkered daily with our computers like a doctor in the jungle trying to find the cure. Every so often someone would find a fix for their computer, but it did not work for everyone.

The question now comes up as to Why do I want a Mviewer MV103-HDVE PRO over Matrox if they both will work now?
The answer quite simply is COMPETITION!! I am currently cheering for Mviewer. I received countless emails from Steve over at Mviewer working to resolve all of my issues. Many times he wrote back 2-3 times in a day which is awesome customer service. I was sending him my video registry files in order for him to evaluate my problems prior to locating the resolution solution. He never gave up and was always there for customer service. Thank you Steve!! NOTE: All of my issues were only me trying to get 5040x1050 which had to be resolved with a simple custom resolution only.

Product Pros and Cons

There are currently Pros and Cons that are easily addressed by Mviewer.

PROS:
1. Works great at 5040x1050 resolution with AERO, latest drivers and all of my games working. (I play a lot of games)
2. Works with Directx10
2. Can be switched over to 1680x1050 res using a shortcut. (I accidentally found this works using Matrox software that was on my PC)
3. Easy Setup
4. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE
5. Quality product in cosmetic, structure and funtionality
6. This is a big one From what I read it has or will have the ability to run 5760x1080 which will give all of those with 1080P monitors the ability to use this product. When I finally upgrade to the 1080P monitors, I will already have the Mviewer product to get me to these resolutions.

CONS:
1. Needs a software tools package to compete properly with Matrox. :idea: :idea: Software needs to address: NOTE: It sounds like Mviewer is working on this right now. I am waiting to test any new tools that come out.
a. Bezel Management :idea:
b. Single and Triple Screen saved resolutions with shortcuts for switching :idea:
c. Display identification (this is the one where the numbers come up to tell you which monitors you are looking at) :idea:
d. Control for program windows and dialog boxes so that it will expand to a single monitor and not all three :idea:
e. Keyboard Shortcuts :idea:
2. Software tool did not get me to 5040x1050 without a custom resolution, but then Matrox could not get this right either. :doh

Final Comments

I love this product :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown and I will be standing by and working with Steve to happily test any new software tools!! I hope you consider purchasing this product, but ask the seller to over pack the box so it will not be damaged during shipping overseas. You can buy this at http://www.dhgate.com/mv103-hdve-pro-multiple-screen-expander-engineer/p-ff808081249f5b040124a0450c554244.html#0 :searchplease

If anyone has ANY questions about it, please write me or post a reply. Steve who is listed in these posts as mviewtech is always available for the technical questions. I have it up and running using it daily for desktop and games. I wanted to give you my take on this product as an end user. Thank you for reading my review! :cheers

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2010, 22:26 

Awesome awesome post. I placed my order last night. I will tell you how it goes with 5760 on Win7 x64. I know it's going to make me cry with the hours I'm going to put in. But it's going to be worth it. I have already shed my blood, sweat and tears with the Matrox and I painfully made it work on 5040, which doesn't work for me since I have 1080p resolution.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 11:34 
Editors
Editors

Kudos for a clear and thorough review. :onethumb (Seriously though, do you really need tall + bold + capped text to make a point ?? And why title this "Matrox MViewer" ?) :?

I second you on the amazing support, although it does feel a bit as if MViewTech were just two guys working in their garage, albeit with unquestionable dedication, and we're a dozen customers. Also in the end, Steve was not more helpful than Matrox on the 5040 issues, and the definitive solution was found and perfected solely by end-users :P

A – RS-232 communication port (Software can configure the MV103-HDVE PRO through this interface)
B – DVI-D input which is connected to the output of your graphics card (This cable will also allow the Mviewer to communicate with your PC)
C – LEDs (Power On and Working Status Lights)
D – 5V DC power socket
E, F, G – Three DVI-I type outputs to the monitors which supports both VGA and digital outputs. (Max video pixel rate is 165MHz)
Aren't these supposed to come with a labelled schematic ?

6. This is a big one From what I read it has or will have the ability to run 5760x1080 which will give all of those with 1080P monitors the ability to use this product. When I finally upgrade to the 1080P monitors, I will already have the Mviewer product to get me to these resolutions.
This is actually a big con: new features apply only to new hardware. If you bought your MViewer before 5760x1080 (at 50 Hz btw) or basic bezel management was supported, you'll have to buy a new, updated MViewer to get these. :(
Another con is the obvious failure at providing 5040 at a "true" 60Hz.

Also, can you personally confirm that 5040x1050 is available in games in DX10 mode with MViewer ?

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 19:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Can we get pictures of everything working?

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 21:18 

Hi scavvenjahh,

1. I fixed the Matrox error in the subject line. Good Call!! I was using different fonts not to make a point, but to make the reading
less monotonous. I was also playing with the smilies. Just having fun with it.
2. I wrote the ports from the box just to let people know what it had. They would understand that it did not get it's power from
a USB port like the Matrox box. Everything is labeled and pictured in the instructions. Just trying to help.
3. I did not know the older boxes would not get you 5760x1080. Hopefully anyone buying a new box would get this resolution. I know
Steve has already set me the 5760x1080 timings, but I do not have the 1080P monitors to try it on. Maybe someone out there will
get a chance at this resolution. Sounds awesome.
4. I totally agree with you that Matrox and Mviewer have both :doh had issues getting us to 60Hz, but it seems that this forum is
filled with very talented people who have found the fix.
5. As far as Directx10, I have been playing all of my games with no problems. I looked up a couple games that I have using Directx 10
such as Crysis Warhead, Bioshock and Tom clancy's H.A.W.X. I am currently loading them up since I have to install them from STEAM.
I will get some screen shots showing them working. Hopefully this is what suiken_2mieu was looking for as well.

NOTE: Can anyone tell me how to upload pictures that are on my computer without pointing to a website image? Or maybe a place to place
my pictures for free that is commonly used by all for this purpose? I appreciate it. I will get the pictures up today if I can find this.

:cheers :hide :cheers

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 23:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Imageshack.us - This is the best place to host images as they don't reformat your pictures.

Photobucket.com - Also a "good" place, but they tend to resize large images.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 00:19 

This is just a test to show my desktop with the Mviewer.
I am waiting for my games to load up to I can show games running with Directx 10.

Opps EDIT EDIT I will replace this picture. It was at the lower resolution and without Aero....Let me update it when I do my games.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 06:09 

Hi scavvenjahh,
I know that you get a mviewer box and can run 5040x1050 60HZ at Windows XP system.but you can't can 5040x1050 60hz at Vista/win7.I only said this is no problem with my hardware issue.if user want to get over 4096 (Vesa edid standard can set maximum value is 4095),it need to corporate with windows system and graphic driver.do you have heard DisplayID standard?it can set over 4095.I have sent your email which do you want to test 182.50 at vista and Win7. you don't want to test it.

our hardware can update firmware( 5760X1080P 50Hz) and software(except for bezel management function).but it is a bit complicated。if you will to do it, I can send update software and firmware for you. please send me a email [email protected].

I have send a mviewer box to Ibrin. I hope he will dispel the doubts after reviewing our product.

I know someone fix 5040x1050 60HZ issue for matrox. Our company is willing to listen to everyone's views and continuously improve our software and firmware to meet everyone's demands.
We finally will open the software can update our equipment and we will open our API. Users can for our equipment to do what you control.
Best Regards!
Mviewtech

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 08:13 

The English is most likely a translator, but WOW!! How cool is that. If Mviewer is looking to open it's API and allow others to help improve it, I think that is great. For scavvenjahh, it looks like a firmware upgrade might allow you to get the 1080P monitors working. Let me know if that works.

Note: I recently had a problem where an additional resolution was somehow added to my list. It was 4080x1050. I did not add it, and I do not know where it came from. It created a problem. Even though my desktop was in 5040x1050, my games were showing a max of 4080x1050. If I set it to this it would black screen. So I changed the box back over to Matrox for a while and the 4080 res disappeared. Hopefully when I change it back, that res will have gone away.

Any comments on this issue?

I am still anxious to get any software updates for the Mviewer.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010, 22:45 
Editors
Editors

For the record, none of my comments were made out of resentment or anything. My MViewer is hooked up to my secondary PC and I've not used it in months, but I still think it's a nice product. Just trying to be clear about what's possible and what is not. ;) Thanks Steve and Kevin for all the details.

No idea what the 4080x1050 issue is, that's one strange 3x 4:3 resolution...