Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Oct 2024, 06:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 19:26 

I've got 2 ASUS VW246H 24" widescreen LCDs

here are the specs:

Screen Size 24"
Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080
Recommended Resolution 1920 x 1080
Viewing Angle 170°(H) / 160°(V)
Pixel Pitch 0.27mm
Display Colors 16.7 Million
Brightness 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1)
Response Time 2ms(GTG)
Horizontal Refresh Rate 30~80 KHz
Vertical Refresh Rate 55~75 Hz
Input Video Compatibility Analog RGB, Digital

Power
Complies with Energy Star
Power Supply 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60Hz
Power Consumption <60W <2W

I am about to order a third and a DTH2G box so I can start surround gaming. As long as the monitors are compatible I've made the room for the displays and I am good to go!

thanks for any responses guys

-Logan

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 19:39 

Check out Matrox http://www.matrox.com/graphics/de/support/compatibility/gxm/home/

it might help you. Its more for grafics drivers but tells you what resolution you have and you might check your grafik settings by lower it to 57Hz and see what your monitors do.

You might need the older nVidia Driver 182.50 if you have a gForce. I dont know how it works with ATIs. But if that works, and you get a clear view you shouldnt have problems.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 20:11 

Well I'll be damned if I don't have some compulsion issues when it comes to retail electronics purchases.... lol

I just ordered the TH2G and the third monitor lol + a THIRD keyboard that I didn't need haha but I really do have some sort of issues with keyboards, I haven't even had this G19 for over a week

its alright if it doesn't work out b/c my second LCD I already have has a stuck pixel so its good to roll the dice again maybe I'll end up with another pristine screen.

thanks again for any future replies

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 22:54 

Yeah. There are people who started there life on the sunny side and others on the dark side. this people allways have troubble with stuff like you talking about and most things work out after three times redoing. I clearly be on that side, too :D

But maybe you are to fast with your buying choices. You ask for compatiblity but allready bought the TH2G :P

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 00:49 

Well in my own defense I did ask before I ordered the product lol, I just couldn't be patient and wait for the replies to come in before I just said screw it and clicked submit order.

I <3 newegg

Like you said though I'm sure I'll get it working somehow, that was actually part of my rationalization... that and the whole stuck pixel scenario

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 03:31 

Alright, so I ran the compatibility tool and everything checks out, I also set the RR to 57hz and it runs fine so I guess all that's left to do is wait until my box gets here :twisted: