Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 05:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 03:46 
Editors
Editors

Just choose your desired TripleHead resolution in the Video Setup and away you go ... :D

The HUD and menus are all fine ...
There are some not so nice black bars on the top and bottom of the cut scenes but hey-ho ... it's ... awesome ...

Some great shots by ... JosephJEHancock ... 8) ... here ...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12396

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 04:58 
Insiders
Insiders

How NICE for a company to have it work right out of the box!

I tried it at 3840x1024 with low settings just to see it in TH2Go.

No HUD stretch. Mini-Map looked GREAT!

Unfortunately, my two year old 7800GTX SLI ran it at 10fps.... but I'm so excited that when I upgrade, it will work.

Paddy... what settings and what type of frames are you getting with your rig?

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 06:00 

Niiiiiiiiiccccceee...

Downloading the demo now :)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 06:56 
Insiders
Insiders

With my rig on TH2Go I can play it at medium settings for 30FPS, with High I get 18 (same as the BETA MP). There is no advantage with SLI, it runs best in single GPU mode dagnamit, an extra 30% from SLI would maybe mean using high settings.
However it looks awesome in medium, heat haze from the guns I really like and the water.....
AI is a bit rubbish tho, but more than made up for by the sheer beauty of it, the destructable environment and the suit and guns!
Paddy, if yours is running better give us some hints!
Edit: Oh yeah that is in XP32bit, looks like it doesn't run to well in VISTA 64bit at the mo, althogh I didn't bother to try

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 07:18 

I love playing it in triplehead mode at a blazing 15 fps. :P They lied when they showed that video of a sing cpu, single 8800 video with no lag while playing on a single monitor.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 12:55 

The single monitor could have been a 720p HDTV couldn't it? That would be easier to run than our monitors.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 17:57 
Editors
Editors

Well for me ...
Running this in Vista is painfully slow ... running in XP gives much better FPS ... but even then it is not good.
I get around ... 20-26 fps .. with everything on high apart from shadows which are on medium.
I have also disabled motion blur in the config which helped a bit with the fps.
I have enabled sunshafts and parallax mapping (at least that is what I think it is) which both make the game look great and they had no apparent impact on fps.
So my settings are ...

In the games advanced video settings section everything is at high apart from shadows which are on medium
Then ...
In the ... sys_spec_PostProcessing.cfg I changed all the entries for these two items to read ...
r_sunshafts=1
r_MotionBlur=0

In the ... sys_spec_Shading.cfg ... I added this line to the [3] section.
r_UsePom=1

Here is a video (usng xvid codec) on XP so DX9 showing ...
The sunshafts ... the parallax thing ... and a little bit of game play ... Crysis-1.avi ... approx 14MB

Some other stuff that I found weird ...
I change all the settings to medium ... I get no difference in fps ... very odd
If I change all the settings to low ... I get about 10-15 fps more but it looks pants in comparison to my settings above

With my settings ... yeah it is a bit slow ... but it runs smoother than one would expect for those fps.
Not that that is acceptable ... :lol:
Anyway ... as medium doesn't make a difference in the fps and low is unbearable after seeing it at high so I'm going stick with my settings and hope that Nvidia bring out some real drivers for this game.
Oh and SLi ... on or off makes no difference it seems ... :?

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 19:36 
Insiders
Insiders

Weird, as I said above I get 18 in all high and 30 in all medium. Man I can't beleive I need to buy better GPUs to get it to be playable! Bring on the G92 version of the GTXUltra! Some time in Jan/Feb, according to VR-Zone.....
I'll get those sunshafts and parallax mapping going, thanks Paddy

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 20:02 
Editors
Editors

I don't know why you're so surprised at this game being a system killer... Far Cry was when it was released. ;)

Paddy - I dunno, if you get no fps difference between medium and high... it might be that your system is so much more powerful than the one I've tested Crysis on so far... but high is a slideshow for me. Medium is decidedly playable.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 20:06 
Insiders
Insiders

This game is amazing, I didn't even see the option for TH2GO resolutions until I updated my drivers though..

By the way, I recommend everyone updates their driver to the Crysis beta from nvidia.com or at least the latest release. I was using 2 versions old drivers and I was getting really really choppy FPS even on 1280x1024!

After upgrading I can play bearable with everything on High except Shadows (Low) and Post-processing (Medium) on 3840x1024.