Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 07:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 09:29 

Unfortunately the video quality isn't too great on this trailer, but it does give you a pretty good idea of what the gameplay will be like: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/103158.html?playlist=featured

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 09:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Keen.

Although I'm guessing Crysis will be better, this still looks neat.

It had better suport proper WS, god damnit.

Oh and Crysis, too. *shakes fist*

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 13:26 

I don't think you'll have to worry about WS support on either title. Some things about FC2 I think I may prefer to Crysis, though I do tend to be a bit biased toward real world elements vs the sci fi stuff.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 21:22 

Wow. I hadn't really paid any attention to this title because I just assumed Crysis would be better, but this looks amazing. I really like the metod of healing yourself, and the environments look awesome.

Fully descructible, using the flamethrower to start a fire and having it spread based on wind direction, real time day and night cycle...this game just went way up on my must have list.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 05:00 

Yeah it's kinda funny how FC2 went from a possible Crytek idea, to a maybe Ubi might someday, to forget it, they sold out to consoles. Now that it's a reality that was kept secret for a couple of years lots of players still don't know about it. I often wonder if all that secrecy will hurt their sales some, then again a sleeper can catch on like a fire in a windstorm.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 11:40 

This looks really cool!

I didnt think they were making a Far Cry 2, i assumed that's what Crysis was?

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 15:18 

This looks really cool!

I didnt think they were making a Far Cry 2, i assumed that's what Crysis was?

Crysis is being developed by Crytek, who was responsible for Far Cry 1, which is why it seems so similar to Far Cry. Far Cry 2 is the official sequel though.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 16:51 

Even Far Cry 2 will be "far" removed from FC 1 as is Crysis. Jack Carver and Valerie Constantine are not in it, there are no mutants, it has deep RPG aspects, you choose your character from 12 avatars and the rest will appear as co-characters in the game, just way different.

About the only thing that's upsetting to me so far is they're saying no predators, just herbivores. They thought the predator AI would mess things up too much with the human AI. They want it to be focused on factions and gun/drug cartels rather than too much of the "wild kingdom" thing.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 16:54 

Yeah, when I said official sequel I just meant in name. I guess I should have been more specific about there not really being any connection between the two games, other than gameplay style.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 23:30 

About the only thing that's upsetting to me so far is they're saying no predators, just herbivores. They thought the predator AI would mess things up too much with the human AI. They want it to be focused on factions and gun/drug cartels rather than too much of the "wild kingdom" thing.

:lol:

I can imagine being constantly pounced on by huge lions and being mauled instantly while in the long-grass would become frustrating after a while :).