Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Aug 2024, 23:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2007, 07:58 
Editors
Editors

Implode sent me some good info about this game ...

Welcome to the forum Implode ... 8)
Hey there,

I found one more useful bit of info, plus a bit of fun.

I had been playing on my 24" in 1920x1200 with MaxCameraHeight set to 700. This loses the terrain at the very screen edges, but you live with it (it looked worse in cutscenes, but who cares!) Now I've got a 30" in 2560x1600, I've got MaxCameraHeight set to 1000 and the terrain problem means it only draws the terrain for half the screen.

A fix for this is to set
DrawEntireTerrain = Yes
(also in GameData.ini). This doesn't seem ideal - you want to extend the camera distance the terrain draws to, not make it draw the entire map. But hey, it at least works.

Now with such a huge camera height, the planes look more ridiculous than ever, they're so close to the ground. Found their heights defined in Locomotor.ini - most of them by default are 100. Last game I tried I had helicopters set at 150 and planes set at 300, however this gives a glitch with the planes landing VTOL style sometimes (which causes them to take ages to land), so I think 250 should be safe. Up to you if you want to post this last bit of info... since this is modifying the game more than just making it widescreen :)

Take a look here :) This was with the planes at 200.

Cheers,

Implode.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2011, 22:23 

Both camera- and plane hacks make it impossible to play online (modified INIs = game aborts connection with "version conflict" error message).
It will only work if all players are using the same INI files which practically defeats the purpose of a lobby to meet other players for a quick match.
I read about a FOV hack months ago, which doesn't need modified INI-files. I will edit this posting if I find out more. Or maybe someone else reading this already has it.