Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 06:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 May 2006, 21:46 

Greetings, all.

I have the Dell 2005FPW 20 inch widescreen monitor with a native resolution of 1680x1050 and aspect ratio of 16:10.

In SWAT 4 I have edited the .ini file located in the /system directory to get the game to run in my native resolution in full windowed mode. Just like the other people in threads here have discribed and apparently have gotten to work. Mine works for a little while and then somewhere out of the blue the game will crash with the following critical error:

=======

No Label

Crash Time: 05/02/06 15:28:52

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2017 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT (8421)

UserName: Xyz
ComputerName: Xyz
Application location: D:Program FilesSierraSWAT 4ContentExpansionSystem

SWAT Build Number: 3.0

Access Violation caused General protection fault!

History: UObject::GetFullName <- UObject::GetFullName <- UObjectProperty::CleanupDestroyed [(ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.PhysicsVolume)] <- UStruct::CleanupDestroyed [(Class Engine.StaticMeshActor)] <- ULevel::CleanupDestroyedActorRefs <- ULevel::CleanupDestroyed <- ULevel::Tick [(NetMode=0)] <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop->GenerateExtraCrashInfo [(GLevel: 'myLevel' PendingLevel: '(NULL)' NetMode: 'NM_Standalone'] <- MainLoop

========

When I delete the .ini file and allow it to be regenerated by the game the next time that I start it up - it will then run fine. I am only editing the obvious - by replacing the default resolution with my own. This crash happens with both the regular game and the expansion. So, anyone have any thoughts on this? All help is much appreciated!