Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Oct 2024, 15:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2008, 17:05 
Editors
Editors

Here is a mock up showing the sort of thing that currently happens ...

It would be so much better it they were all on the centre screen or all on the outer screens.
Hopefully this wouldn't be too much work ...

1) ...
To get them onto the centre screen (I would imagine) all that would be needed is for them to take on the positions as they are for 4:3 when the Aspect Ratio setting "Normal" is applied.

2) ...
To get them on to the outer screens when the Aspect Ratio setting "Normal" is applied ... have them move to the edges of the chosen screen resolution or Aspect Ratio.

I personally would prefer the second of those two if I had a choice to keep the main view nice and clear ... :)

What would you guys prefer ?
Please tell Codies here ... http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4138719#post4138719

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2008, 20:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Can anyone get Bezel Management to switch on and off in GRID? I've confirmed it is working at the desktop level... but as soon as I boot GRID, I cannot change it.

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 07:43 
Insiders
Insiders

I can't get the full game to run in TH2GO. I can't think of what I'm doing wrong since I got the demo working no problem. When I switch to 3840x1024 and restart the game the screen shows the same grid logo at first, then starts up with 1280x1024. It doesn't even try to display the resolution I want with that "are you sure you want this resolution?" dialog.
Hi guys ... :D
Find the file ... hardware_settings_config.xml ... on XP it is here ...

C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorMy DocumentsCodemastersGRIDhardwaresettings

(Where Administrator would be your user name)
(I don't know where it is on Vista)

Open it with WordPad ...
Change this line ...

to read ...

3840" height="1024" aspect="normal" fullscreen="true" vsync="0" oldWidth="3840" oldHeight="1024">

Or your desired TH resolution.

-------------------------------------

If that doesn't work may be it is because your video card doesn't have 512MB of RAM ? ... in that case you need to remove the restrictions ...

Go to C:Program FilesCodemastersGRIDsystem ... open the hardware_settings_restrictions.xml ... with your wordPad.
At the bottom of the file change the "maxWidth option into whatever resolution you want ...

for example ...

3840" />

I have tried both of these solutions and the other one you mentioned about deleting the configuration file and not touching the AA setting. Still no dice. I have the steam version, but that shouldn't make a difference should it?

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 09:03 
Editors
Editors

I dunno bud ..
I wouldn't have thought the Steam version would be any different ...

Try deleting/removing the res tag in your hardware restrictions file ... don't forget to make a backup ...

Delete/remove this bit ...

That way there won't be any res clamping.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 15:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok Paddy, I've got it working; but I don't know if what you told me is what helped to make it work.

I did do that, but then trying to switch to 3840 didn't work. I even tried it twice.

But then just to see what other resolutions didn't work, I tried them all. They all worked (triplehead resolutions too) even 1600x900 (which I have never seen on my computer before, and which my monitor got angry at me for). So I don't really know what to say.

If anybody else is having the same problem as me were the other solutions don't work. Try again with these conditions:

-Delete that bit of code Paddy mentioned in the post above
-Put the desktop into triplehead mode if the side monitors are driven by a secondary video card
-Start with the lowest resolution and change one at a time to the resolution you want

Well anyway its working now, and thats what really matters to me.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 16:21 
Editors
Editors

I'm glad you now have it working ... :D ... whatever it was that got it working ... :?

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 08:43 
Editors
Editors

Hi guys ...

No sign of a UI fix ... in the upcomming patch ... :(
I bumped the thread explaining the problem ... http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4233187#post4233187
If you guys have a mo please politely bump it too so they know we are still here wanting a fix ... 8)

@Mach1.9pants
... Do you know if it does TrIR support? I can't see anything that says it does:(

Hey bud ...
Just thought you might like to know that TrIR support will be in the next patch ... :D

Patch details ... http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289531