Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Sep 2024, 23:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 03:33 

I had trouble with that on my monitor... it just would not go into any other custom resolution.. I tryed many times, so I just used VGA in the end and that lets me use any custom resolution.

I might try again, but I had zero luck last time.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 07:55 

Ok guys! Thanks for the help!!! I just figured out a solution (as i red the linked tutorial, it's kinda similar).
First i tried the analog cable. It has many resolutions including the 1280x800 i wanted, but the in windows the tray just dessapeard. Obviously the displayed picture is bigger than the monitor itself and as u cannot strecth, skew etc. the pic geometry on this type of monitor thats not a solution. so i pluged the dvi cable back in.
tried to add the custom resolution 1280x but the little error window just sad immediatelly that it could not be added. however i managed to add the 1024x640 to customs, set to it, tick the box "only show customs" and than pulled tha little bar from less to more, and bang, the 12800x800 just become avalible.

Thanx For the Help Again!!!
:bowdown

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2007, 08:42 

I've tried this solution from a freshly installed SCCT, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm using 1920x1080 as my res, which is a choice in the game. Even if I try setting the FOV at 1, I see no difference when starting a new game. Help please!

Here are some screenies:

1024x768 4:3 FOV: 75

1280x720 16:9 FOV: 91.31

(I know I said 1920x1080, but it was too big to upload and 1280x720 is the same aspect ratio, so I don't think it matters. The 1920x1080 screeny looks the same.)

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2008, 13:27 

I have exactly the same problem as the above poster.

I start a new game with the edited splintercell3user.ini (defaultfov and desiredfov 1) and nothing happens.

I use the default profile. Which uses the default.ini configuration. I also change this file, but all the settings I use have no effect when I try to start a new game.

I use a 1680x1050 resolution and have the 1.05 ueropean dvd version of this game.

If anyone can help me please let me know! I will be very grateful.

Greetings

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 00:32 
Insiders
Insiders

My DR is based on the demo, so it's possible that the demo solution doesn't work in the full version. On the other hand, it seems to work for mucius. I don't have the full version, so I really don't know for sure.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 00:56 

This game is sitting on my hard drive.

I will look at it when I get a chance.

EDIT - I posted this before I got that PM. :D

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 03:41 

FOV75

FOV85

The method works as listed. All widescreen resolutions are native to the game.

If you cannopt get it to work make sure you are editing the right file. There is an identical file name in the game directory. That is not the one you need to change.

The one you need to change is in the Documents and Settings folder. Follow the path in the DR above. The file is in a hidden directory so you may need to enable the show hidden files or folders option.

I simply clicked on new game from the main menu.

If it still does not work I got nothing.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 09:29 

I changed every .ini file I could find and yes I unhid the apllication data folder in documents and settings.

The only thing I want to try now is reinstall the game.

I did notice this.

There is a default.dat and default.ini file in the profile folder. The default.ini file is used to change settings in game. If i set fov to another setting, nothing happens. If i delete the default.dat file, my fov settings in the default.ini file are changed back to 75. Somehow it uses the default.dat file for these settings...?? I don't know how to edit the .dat file however.

Greetings

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 17:44 

I changed every .ini file I could find and yes I unhid the apllication data folder in documents and settings.

The only thing I want to try now is reinstall the game.

I did notice this.

There is a default.dat and default.ini file in the profile folder. The default.ini file is used to change settings in game. If i set fov to another setting, nothing happens. If i delete the default.dat file, my fov settings in the default.ini file are changed back to 75. Somehow it uses the default.dat file for these settings...?? I don't know how to edit the .dat file however.

Greetings

That could be an impossible find without the code.

Try deleting everything in your save directory.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2008, 14:22 

When I have time, I will de-install the game. First try the demo version. If that works reinstall the full game and follow the exact DR.

What settings are there in your defaul.ini file? Does it say defaultfov = 75? (In other words, does the game ignore the values that u type in this file??)

Keep u informed, thanks for the suggestions anyways

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next