Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 08:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: ruggerxpunk wrote:Hamet
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 19:42 

[quote][quote][quote]I guess I'll go ahead and describe specifically why it has never worked for me in case it might help the coders.

What I get with the latest Helifax fix is similar. Weird placing of the opening screen to the left, no HUD's or markers of any kind in-game, and when I press esc for menu, it pops up for a fraction of a second on the left screen and then disappears. I have to ctrl-alt-del to close it down.

That usually happens when the plugin is not properly setup. Try to set up manually the configuration.

That's the same problem I've been having. I am using eyefinity 5760x1080 no bezel correction. And I've tried setting up the plugin manually

In your Widescreen Fixer manual settings, try changing unchecking the "Automatically Detect Resolution" checkbox, then DO THIS:

Change "Display Count:" to "3" (it might be defaulted to "1").

I had this same issue, after I changed Display Count to 3, it was just a matter of tweaking the Uncorrected Resolution values.

*Edit*
I got it working perfectly.

Instructions:
-Uncheck "Automatically Detect Resolution"
-Change Display Count to "3"
-Make sure your Corrected Resolution is correct (This seems to be the only one that matters.
-Now for the kicker. Go to C:/My Documents/Games/Skyrim/SkyrimPrefs. Edit the SkyrimPrefs .txt file and change the "iSizeW=" value to be whatever your correct "Corrected Resolution" value is. Example: iSize W = 6076
-Save SkyrimPrefs.
-Launch Skyrim with having Widescreen Fixer already open and it should be perfect!

Hope this wasn't confusing and helps anyone having trouble!

That fixed it. Thanks!

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 21:06 

That fixed it. Thanks!

I confirm... that looks to have fixed it for me as well!

For some reason load times seem to have increased and load screens are way off but I don't really care about that.

One thing though is FOV for first person character model. Mine seems really large, whereas Hayden's fix had a feature to adjust that separately. I would choose "70" for the hands. I don't see any option for that in this fix, but otherwise it seems awesome so far.

Post subject: AmeerNuub wrote:Hamet
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 22:45 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]

That fixed it. Thanks!

I confirm... that looks to have fixed it for me as well!

For some reason load times seem to have increased and load screens are way off but I don't really care about that.

One thing though is FOV for first person character model. Mine seems really large, whereas Hayden's fix had a feature to adjust that separately. I would choose "70" for the hands. I don't see any option for that in this fix, but otherwise it seems awesome so far.

I am glad that in the end it worked for you as well;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Hey all,I use Nexus Mod
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 01:21 

Hey all,

I use Nexus Mod Manager to launch Skyrim because I am running a fair amount of mods (using the superb STEP method (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11). I use Skyrim Script Extender and Script Dragon.

I want to play across my 30" center monitor and my two 20" side monitors (1200x1600, 2560x1600, 1200x1600), for a total res of 5238x1600 (bezel corrected resolution of 4960x1600).

A few questions:

1) Will the widescreen tweaks described in this thread work with a modded game launched/managed via Nexus Mod Manager?

2) When I launch Skyrim, I have all the intro videos and splash screens disabled. Do I need to reenable them, similar to how Widescreen Fixer must be enabled during the intro splash screens in Mass Effect 3?

3) In Widescreen Fixer, should I uncheck "Automatically Detect Resolution", make "Display Count": 3, "Uncorrected Resolution:" 5238 1600, and "Bezel-Corrected Resolution:" 4960 1600

4) Leave "Seconds to Delay Fix From Starting" at its default?

5) What value should I type into the Skyrimprefs.ini for horizontal resolution (iSize W=)--- 4960 or 5238? Also, do I need to change the permission on the Skyrimprefs.ini to read only?

6) I assume that I need to have both the config.SoftTHconfig and d3d9.dll files in the main Skyrim directory?

Any other things I need to do to optimize this? Thanks.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 07:47 

ive noticed it often pushes the crosshairs to my left screem after opening menus or npc invetories
can be solved by quickly looking at the menu"compass" and back

just curious if anyone has a similar error as the aforementioned

also it does take something away that i cant see magic and menu items very well just noting it really

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 03:13 

ive noticed it often pushes the crosshairs to my left screem after opening menus or npc invetories
can be solved by quickly looking at the menu"compass" and back

just curious if anyone has a similar error as the aforementioned

also it does take something away that i cant see magic and menu items very well just noting it really

This is a known issue with the current widescreenfixer solution. AFAIK everyone has the same minor issue.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 13:55 

Hey all,

I use Nexus Mod Manager to launch Skyrim because I am running a fair amount of mods (using the superb STEP method (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11). I use Skyrim Script Extender and Script Dragon.

I want to play across my 30" center monitor and my two 20" side monitors (1200x1600, 2560x1600, 1200x1600), for a total res of 5238x1600 (bezel corrected resolution of 4960x1600).

A few questions:

1) Will the widescreen tweaks described in this thread work with a modded game launched/managed via Nexus Mod Manager?

2) When I launch Skyrim, I have all the intro videos and splash screens disabled. Do I need to reenable them, similar to how Widescreen Fixer must be enabled during the intro splash screens in Mass Effect 3?

3) In Widescreen Fixer, should I uncheck "Automatically Detect Resolution", make "Display Count": 3, "Uncorrected Resolution:" 5238 1600, and "Bezel-Corrected Resolution:" 4960 1600

4) Leave "Seconds to Delay Fix From Starting" at its default?

5) What value should I type into the Skyrimprefs.ini for horizontal resolution (iSize W=)--- 4960 or 5238? Also, do I need to change the permission on the Skyrimprefs.ini to read only?

6) I assume that I need to have both the config.SoftTHconfig and d3d9.dll files in the main Skyrim directory?

Any other things I need to do to optimize this? Thanks.

I don't mean this in a negative way.

Questions 1-5 are very specific to your particular setup, I think you would need to answer these questions by experimenting with your own settings to see what works and what doesn't.

Post subject: I have been but am still
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 22:24 

I have been but am still experiencing distorted menus in game, which is why I posted these questions. Perhaps there others here using mixed (PLP) resolutions, and if so, how have they gotten the in-game menus to scale properly?

There aren't many forums devoted to surround gaming, so this seems like a very good place to ask these questions.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 23:20 

DIE STEAM! Seriously, does anyone know if ANYONE exists who actually LIKES steam? DIE!!!!!

I'm a fan of Steam, but apart from Skyrim, I like having all of my games update automatically in the background. I also like the social aspect of being able to friend family, and easily play games with my brother 300mi away. And then there's the lovely aspect of travelling, and the fact that I can simply log into steam on my brother's desktop, and get access to all of my games (and most of my custom key-mapping) without issue, and without having to bring my tower and triple monitor setup.
I don't blame Steam or Valve for the pain and anguish most users of this forum have had to deal with. That blame lies squarely on the shoulders of Bethesda who make a great game, but don't give a shit about the 'hardcore' gamers with expansive and expensive systems and instead about the money making masses and their consoles.
I do agree that if you mark a game as 'do not update' that it should abide by those wishes though.

Post subject: @ Peppergomez.I like the
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012, 01:44 

@ Peppergomez.

I like the sound of your setup. Though it will pose a couple of challenges.

With specifics to your questions.

1. Yes, I use nexus mod manager to launch my game all the time. Just start widescreen fixer and leave it in the background. I've set my mod manager to run SKSE on startup instead of the normal launcher.

2. No. You can leave these off. They were interesting for like the first .5 seconds I saw them... turning them off saves alot of time especially when tweaking mods.

3. Yes, you are going to need to probably uncheck this. Currently the Helifax fix corrects geometry on a mathematical basis of Resolution divided by number of screens. Based on your different resolution monitors you might have to play around with number of screens to a fractional amount like 2.5. (Helifax does it take float or just integers in that field?)

4. This is just the time delay before the fix kicks in. I have mine set to like 15 seconds. Just gives time for the game to load and get to the menu before it pops on.

5. Set the iSizeW to your bezel corrected resolution you want to use. So, 5238. Don't worry about read only. Skyrim hasn't been as picky or as bothersome as Fallout NV about that file and the read only setting.

6. Not sure about the SoftTHconfig file, but if you use something like customized shader mods that use d3d9.dll, then yes add that in there to the skyrim folder.

As far as optimization goes. There are a ton of posts out there with some minor tweaks here and there to improve performance and stability. I don't think anyone has put together a comprehensive list yet though. Most of them are also heavily dependent on your machines performance to begin with.

For instance:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354301

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 302  Next