Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 18:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 144  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2006, 21:04 

Here is my Command Center.
Complete Specs Here
Picture Gallery Here

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2006, 21:31 

That's some serious water cooling :shock:

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2006, 21:53 
Founder
Founder

RE: Using 2 fans in front of each other.

I had to do a lot of research & study on this when I did my V8 motor conversion into the very much smaller engine bay of my S-10 truck.
Same principles of Fluid Dynamics also apply to moving air.

Placing 2 fans - one in front of another - probably ends up blocking airflow & hence lowering the cooling efficiency.

1) For starters the center hub of the second fan & its frame blocks at least in part the flow of the second.
2) Secondly & also unless the two fans' blade rotations were set so that the blades, when rotating, never blocked the airflow space between the other fan's blades - the result would be less than having 1 single fan.
The same principle being used for fighter planes machineguns are set to fire between the blades.

3) There can also be a situation whereby resonant frequencies set up by the RPM differential creates cavitation & no real amount of air gets moved or airflow is decreased.
At a very minimum the fan that is behind the other on the airflow direction side would have to be set at a higher RPM - but the conditions in 1) still limits airflow.

BTW squirrel cage fans are much more efficient than curved bladed fans.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2006, 23:51 

Cheers Doug, nice to know i'm correct occasionally!

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2006, 12:22 

I've been piecing this new rig together for awhile now, very slowly... But it's finally coming together. The pictures are from a friends house with his camera, so don't mind the blandness of them. I'll get inside shots and all when everythings done. I plan on spending my next day off from work buying the supplies I need to make a custom desk as well as rework my whole computer room. I am tired of the desk I've got and how it's setup, need a good change. I'll post my progress later and how it turns out :)
I may even be going as far as to paint the room as well because I hate white, heh. This will be my biggest "computer" based project. I'm very excited to see it finished, heh.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2006, 15:14 
Founder
Founder

Nice TT Shark :D

You might want to turn the case feet out a bit if you need more stability, as it is so near the desk edge.

Would be a crying shame if it got knocked over :shock:

BTW - the TT watercooling units fit & cool these cases great & knock all temps down really low !!

The ~$100 US BigWater is probably all you need.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2006, 16:08 
Editors
Editors

Nice Ice :)

btw, why is that beer not open? :?

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2006, 10:49 

Frank, that's actually a ROOT beer, heh... And it was opened and all gone by the time I took these shots. I actually don't drink alcohol, unless it's the really good tasting kind, and omg beer = *gag* :)

And Doug, I've heard bad things about the TT water cooling kits. But then again, I've had very good luck with everything TT that I buy. I'm gonna wait til payday to decide what to do next with this. I really wanna do up the computer room to be all nice, but I wouldn't mind getting some water cooling in there or maybe something else like more hdd space.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2006, 10:51 
Editors
Editors

:shock:

beer = gooooooooooooooooooood :!:

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2006, 11:46 
Editors
Editors

Beer = *gag*

I agree with Ice. ;)

Corsair's new external watercooling solution might be worthwhile checking out... Bit-Tech were pretty impressed with it. The Nautilus 500, or something...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 144  Next