Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 10:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 20:54 

Have I gone brain dead again ? I been using the Hex editor method to allow game play at 5760x1080 since it was published. And every time the lads over From Software introduced new versions I just went in and re-edited the DS3.exe "from 800700003804 (1920x1080) to 801600003804 (5760x1080) and I'd be back in full screen. Also kept " game save file" in read only mode. Now all of a sudden only my center monitor is showing the game even though the left and right screens are alive. Anybody got any suggestions short of replacing my rig?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 16:28 

upgraded from 2560x1080 to a 3440x1440 and it seems like the old method of replacing the hex values no longer works.

replaced all instances of 398EE33F with 8EE31840, config file is set to 3440x1440 windowed as well. But the highest res available in windowed mode in the game is 2560x1440.

oops, nvm, replaced the wrong value. all good now.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2016, 21:08 

Hi all - wow this is a long thread...

I just bought a new computer, with dual titan x pascals, 6859 hz, m.2 hard disk, etc.

I know its supposed to be strong, but I am not good with technical stuff. I read the replies again and again but I really couldn't understand how to do this.

I have 3 144hz screens 27' each Benq - my current bezel correction resolution is 7956 * 1440

I am hoping I can run this game ion three screen with highest settings, but the comments are too difficult.

Can someone please explaing to me what I need to do in simple steps??

Forgive my ignorance,.,,

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 11:14 
I Donated
I Donated

Amon Amarth wrote:
Has anyone found a way to remove the vignetting?

I don't suppose we can expect to see a fix from someone at least this year?

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 17:17 

Amon Amarth wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:
Has anyone found a way to remove the vignetting?

I don't suppose we can expect to see a fix from someone at least this year?

Well, it must be a simple HLSL Post shader; almost certainly in a .fx/.h(etc..), file. It might be by itself, or in a shader file with some of the other post effects. So identifying it should be extremely straightforward. Then all that needs to be done is: 1)Find a way to unpack From Software's .bdt asset archives (the .bhd's are almost certainly the indexes accompanying said archives. so no need to mess with those. 2) locate the shader files. 3)find the vignette code (Which should be very few lines) 4)Altering the vignette code.
[edit: I forgot #5]-- 5) Repack said archive with modified file and place back in game directory.

It should usually have the word Vignette actually in the syntax and be accompanied by some values correlating to screen edges (+x,-x,+y-y,)or (+pixel.x,-pixel.x,+pixel.y,-pixel.y) or (+tex.x,-tex.x,+tex.y,-tex.y,) something of that nature. It should also contain a colorInput texture of some sort, and end in something along the lines of: return colorinput;

Code:
for example The common TV style one found in certain certain shader suites (This one is from an ENB) (-x*x+x) * (-y*y+y):

tex = -tex * tex + tex;
      colorInput.rgb = saturate(tex.x * tex.y * 100.0) * colorInput.rgb

or a round formula: (-x*x+x) * (-y*y+y)

float tex_xy = dot( float4(tex,tex) , float4(-tex,1.0,1.0) );
        colorInput.rgb = saturate(tex_xy * 4.0) * colorInput.rgb;

Then just playing with the values until it gets to an acceptable level, Flat out removing it, or leaving an empty file might also work just fine (empty if it is the only shader present.) Although coming a cross a null value or not finding the file at all may bug something out if anything else depends on its output or it is supposed to point to another shader, or....

Since there are texture mods available for DS3 on the Nexus. There is almost certainly a utility there as well for opening the archives. I'm on a business trip currently but get back Friday night so if no one has looked at it yet. I'll try and work it out. However, I am sure anyone can do it as long as they just aren't intimidated by the shader code. It is really very simple to follow and edit/write very basic shaders like vignette, sepia, basic sharpening, and (some types of) tonemapping. Besides it is a fun little project to engross ones self in if you want to learn about these types of things, and a great place to start. :twothumb: :twothumb:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24