Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 13 Jul 2024, 07:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 19:55 

welp that was scary.

I just played with the modded exe for 21:9 and I couldnt connect to the servers at all, I thought I was softbanned for sure.

Recovered my original exe and Im online again, maybe it was just bad luck but Im too scared to try again, what a shame that they might banning for this, I played 3 hours in 21:9 and it was glorious :(

Maybe if someone releases a fix that actually works in memory injection after the CRC checks at the beginning, instead of outright changing the exe.

oh well.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 20:08 

CY:G wrote:
welp that was scary.

I just played with the modded exe for 21:9 and I couldnt connect to the servers at all, I thought I was softbanned for sure.

Recovered my original exe and Im online again, maybe it was just bad luck but Im too scared to try again, what a shame that they might banning for this, I played 3 hours in 21:9 and it was glorious :(

Maybe if someone releases a fix that actually works in memory injection after the CRC checks at the beginning, instead of outright changing the exe.

oh well.

Is that even possible? Anyway, guess i won't be playing Dark Souls III in UWS, at least not in the first weeks when they're out on the hunt for anyone not using the vanilla. I even saw reports of People getting banned for using NVIDIA Shadowplay... Srsly, don't the guys at FROM have someting better to do???

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 20:19 

Snap Dragon wrote:
welp that was scary.

oh well.

Is that even possible? Anyway, guess i won't be playing Dark Souls III in UWS, at least not in the first weeks when they're out on the hunt for anyone not using the vanilla. I even saw reports of People getting banned for using NVIDIA Shadowplay... Srsly, don't the guys at FROM have someting better to do???

Honestly Im not too versed in programming but over the years there have been fixes that you can toggle on and off and some of them even required being toggled on after a certain period of time. Not sure if that would be possible though.

All the reports are really scaring me though, they seem to be banning people for modded exes but not people who modify stats in memory using Cheat Engine, what a joke.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 20:53 

All of this reminds me Grand Theft Auto V Online.
You can not use anything there ...

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 21:26 

play offline in 21:9 is very very safe, I play 5-6 hours pvp in 21:9.. no problems for me.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 23:19 

welp that was scary.

oh well.

I saw that there was some routine steam maintenance that kicked a bunch of people offline earlier, maybe you just got caught up in that. If you were banned I doubt it would allow you to just jump back on online after switching back to the original .exe.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 00:42 

If anyone is scared, I've been using the modified exe for two days now with plenty of online interaction (invasion, etc) and nothing has happened.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 00:47 

welp that was scary.

oh well.

The ban is attached to your steam ID and it pops up a message if you've been banned. That sounds like just a random connection issue.

Has anyone using the fix been banned? From what people are saying in the reddit thread it sounds like it's looking at save data and maybe Borderless Widescreen Gaming, both of which seem plausible from the way their anti-cheat worked in DS2.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 02:50 

I'll be the guinea pig for anyone that is worried about playing online. I'm running the .exe that Martan posted earlier (Thank you very much by the way) and I'm also running a Reshade to go with it. Been running the reshade online since day one and haven't had any problems.

So i'll check back here every couple of sessions and we'll see what happens. Maybe some others that have been running the .exe can check up as well to put some at ease.

Maybe I'll see you online

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 03:48 

How insulting is it that they release a game with no 21:9 support when it was such a simple line of code they could have altered to get it working, then someone figures it out for them and we start playing it.. in the correct aspect ratio *shock horror, we can't have people using correct aspect ratio's* so they start banning us for it? Get outta here.

Not that I endorse it, But basically they are saying if you want to play dark souls 3 in wide screen you are better off torrenting it so you have no chance of getting a vac ban.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next