Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 06:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Monitor Color Matching
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2009, 18:53 

I want to match up all 3 of my monitors as closely as the my old eyes can tell, was wondering if there was a color bar picture that was horizontal, or any suggestions for doing this would be helpfull.

Thanks,
Deke

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 18:35 

If you have identical monitors I'd start out with identical settings. If not I'd start out with something like the test patterns on DVE to get the ballpark settings correct.

I use my Spyder2 and HCFR after setting the contrast and brigthness controls, to do a greyscale correction for each monitor. Be aware that if your monitors are less than perpendicular to your eyes that WILL throw out the calibration.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 09:34 
Editors
Editors

Deke it may or may not help you but I used Eizo Monitor Test and it has a lot of stuff to test monitors with. Getting 3 instances of it running on all 3 monitors was tricky though.

Also there was this monitor test website I found that was good but I forgot the url googling "monitor test website" will find it probably.

Also after I got the main settings down I just took a handfull of pictures I had saved to my computer and put them between monitors to compare how they looked.

I got my monitors nearly 100% matched, the only reason I cant get 100% is because my center monitor is significantly different than my 2 outside monitors for some reason when it comes to green.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 23:09 

Thanks ViciousXUSMC,

Two of the three are exactly the same, the third is close, just a tad bit bluer.

Oh ya thanks for the suggestions as well atledreier, but I guess I don't need something that professional.

Thanks,
Deke

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 02:19 

Well I got to playing around with backgrounds for 3 pretty monitors and then thats when I found it, you can set your background to a solid color, this worked great to match all 3 monitors to showing the same color, took alittle bit of doing, but now they're pretty much equal.

Deke :)