Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 13 Aug 2024, 01:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 16:46 

Hi All,

Just wondering what kind of advice anyone has on multi-monitor stands?
(3-monitor mostly is what I'm asking about)

I seem to have only found 2 brands Ergotron and Chief, I'm sure there must be others out there?

Or does everyone just use the stand that came with the monitor?

At what angle do you slant your left and right monitors campared to the center monitor?

I got 3 refurbished monitors from overstock.com, out of the 3 only one had 1 pixel that is red on a black screen other then that it is fine. I plan on modding these 3 to try to eliminate the bezels between the monitors. (Has anyone done this?)

Thanks,
Deke

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2009, 02:07 
Founder
Founder

You don't list the size of your monitors...

Here is what I did for my 3x22". It is a DS-100 Triple hanging off a wall with a Neo-Flex HD

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Ergotron_Neo-Flex_HD_%26_DS100_Triple-Monitor_Stand_%28Featured_Review%29

Erogtron is sending me pieces to make a DS-100 Quad bar (which supports 3x24") and two Neo-Flex (which I already have) to try and hang those off the wall.

Due to their support of the WSGF and their stellar products (both supplied by Ergotron and purchased by me personally), the WSGF does support and endorse Ergotron).

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2009, 06:29 

Thanks Ibrin,

After posting my first post here I found your review on the Ergotron, nice work by the way.

So I did some digging(research) of the 3 different 3-monitor stands that I found, 2 of them made by Ergotron the LX3 and the DS-100 as in your review, and then the Chief KTP320.

It's amazing though if one was to just look at the tech spec on the Ergotrons website for either the LX or DS you would think that a 22" monitor (with a physical with of 20") would not work. Bad information on they're part, but if you view the Dimensional Illustrations (pdf file) for either one it clearly shows that a 20" + Physical width will work just fine.

This is not true for the Chief KTP320 as it can only hold 3 monitors with a maximum width of 18".

In my opinion th LX is more of in home or office type stand as it has nice builtin features for wire management, easy lift and tilt included and has very nice looks, as for the DS-100 it's more of an industrial strength type stand that may not have the nicest looks but is capable of larger sized monitors, and has other options that can be added on eg; Desk Clamp, Grommet Mount Base, Cable Management, and others...

Keep in mind there are other options for the DS-100 that without further digging one would not know that they existed, you can get 3 different Crossbar widths that allows for the following;

Dual-Monitor(28" Crossbar for 23-1/4" monitor width
Triple-Monitor(48" crossbar) for 20" monitor width
Triple-Monitor(55" Crossbar) for 24.5" monitor width
Quad-Monitor(55" Crossbar) for 16" monitor width

All these monitor widths refer to the physical outside dimension.

So which Ergotron would I get....I have always built my own computers, since my very first 386 12mhz, I would go for the DS-100 as could always upgrade it with other features if need be.

Which one would you get?

LX3 Information can be found here;
http://www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/65/PRDID/128/language/en-US/default.aspx

DS-100 information can be found here;
http://www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/65/PRDID/197/language/en-US/default.aspx

Been fun researching, easy to do with 3-montors....:)
Deke

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2009, 12:24 

Does anyone have any experience with the one in the link below? I would like to buy this but am very weary of the end monitors drooping just a little. I bought a cheaper version (not from Ergotron) and the 1/4" of droop from the end monitors drove me crazy. It looks like it has a thumbwheel to adjust the forward/back tilt, but cant make out or not if you can adjust any droop out of it.

http://www.ergotechgroup.com/products/heavy-duty-17-30-36/triple-lcd-desk-stand-62#

Thanks T.T.