Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 14 Jul 2024, 03:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2009, 13:12 

Hey all,

I am expecting delivery of my new 5870 card today and now need to consider my monitors.

I currently have an Asus Mw221u 22" 1680x1050 monitor.

Would I need to get three new monitors or would it be possible to use two new 22" with my orignal 22".

Suggestions on reasonably priced 22" qould also be good!

Many thanks

Mark

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2009, 20:16 

Hey Mark,

I too went that way, I had a Viewsonic 19" 1280x1024 and decided to get 3 different monitors, I didn't want to loose actual physical height so I got 16:10 monitors at 1680x1050 much like your asus.

You have to be prepared for how much desk space three monitors will take up, I had to modify my large corner desk by cutting my 2 hutches in half of there original size, just so I could get 3 22" monitors on the desk.

Many folks are getting Dell monitors because of the smallest bezel size, but of course others say after you start playing your really only looking at the center screen and hardly notice the bezels are there (IMO not true).

Look around here at the FAQ's they have as they are pretty good even though the one needs updating as it has noting on ATI's Eyefinity yet.

You have to remember most ppl here started out a couple years ago using Matrox TH2G, so they have alot of experience with multi-monitor gaming.

I got 3 refurbished monitors so I didn't spend a whole lot for them <140 USD each and they are 22" 1680x1050 @ 2ms GTG response time. I plan to modifying them to eliminate the bezels in between as much as possible.

Good luck on what you decide, and happy widescreen gaming.

Deke

Post subject: rply
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 04:22 

So I assume you don't have the triplehead2go yet coz you don't have the monitors ready. Just get 2 monitors first.