Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 21:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 18:02 

What LCD would you buy? To me, input lag is the most important. I primarily play FPS's. Color is semi important.

I have a Samsung 2493HM for home, I'm looking for something at the office. The Samsung has been discontinued so checking my options.

The orange Acer won't do, I can't have this giant orange screen in my workplace. :)

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 22:11 
Editors
Editors

I'd probably go for a Dell 2408, as I've experience of the 2405 and it was a great monitor...

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009, 01:02 

Yeah that's probably one of the better ones if you can afford something more than a mere TN. Dell seems to be about the only one making S-PVAs in that size anymore. It used to be you could find them in many brands and prices, Acer, BenQ, DoubleSight and Samsung all had 24" S-PVAs just a year or two ago.

It could be a sign that they are preferring to make them in the new e-IPS type though. I guess we'll find out soon after Apple releases it's 23" 1920x1080 e-IPS. Many other manufacturers are said to be interested in using the panel it has, which is made by LG.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009, 06:10 
Editors
Editors

Dell 2408/9. Shitty customer support, but over all great procuct.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009, 12:25 
Editors
Editors

Poor customer support can be said of most companies now. :(

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009, 12:53 
Editors
Editors

Mad isn't it? Isn't that what makes you come back?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009, 12:58 
Editors
Editors

Yeah. I admit that the last chap I spoke to at Dell was really helpful... but my experiences of Acer, and my recent experiences of HP have left me deeply irritated toward them both.

Compare this to a shop I was in the other day, where they'll replace anything with no complaint as long as you've got a receipt. Which is reasonable - don't need the original packaging or anything. While computer companies want the original packaging before they'll honour any warranty or guarantee - which, if I think about it, is probably illegal. If you've got the item and the receipt, and it's failed within the allotted time... they're legally obliged to replace it.