Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Aug 2024, 06:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 03:42 

I would have put in a vote for a quality home theater setup for your computer, but that wasn't an option. So instead I put in a vote for the PS3. You're computer is plenty beefy enough already anyway don't you think?

There are a ton of games I can't run with smooth 60fps performance, which is what I want. I don't know what you mean exactly by home theatre setup but if you mean sound I use headphones and have no desire to do otherwise. I do have a large HDTV and home theatre setup for movies and such in the living room, but I don't often use it for games.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 19:07 

I picked 5870 - should be getting one myself when everything for my rig is available.

On the downside, 5870 cards are very hard to come by atm. Maybe better after Christmas though.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 19:30 

Another 5870 vote. It's at a decent price point, if hard to find. Awesome card, I love mine.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 00:45 

Question: What is your current console (if any)? If so, which one.

Another note, as if this post the current vote is tied with PS3 and 5870...

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 07:17 

Question: What is your current console (if any)? If so, which one.

Another note, as if this post the current vote is tied with PS3 and 5870...

I have a 360 but never use it, it's mostly for my girl who plays Live Arcade games on it a lot. I use it from time to time for exclusives but not very often, the last game I played on it was Splosion Man in the summer.

I had a PS3 before, I bought it mostly for Blu-Ray. At some point I got another Blu-Ray player though and never used the PS3, I found Little Big Planet and some other exclusives very dissapointing and when the slim was announced I sold it due to some money issues and assumed I would buy the slim later to get my PS3 back. January could be that time, and with Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls out is is tempting, but at the end of the day I know I will still spend 90% of my gaming time on PC and would like smoother performance there.