Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Jul 2024, 02:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 07:03 

thanks guys. By the way, I've seen Razer(or was it tarantula) mouse with infrared technology at 1800DPI, i read about it on the net and apparently it's one of the best and most sensitive.

thoughts?

here is the link:

http://www.razerzone.com/c-2-gaming-mice.aspx

i like the 2 blue ones.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 08:17 

thanks guys. By the way, I've seen Razer(or was it tarantula) mouse with infrared technology at 1800DPI, i read about it on the net and apparently it's one of the best and most sensitive.

thoughts?

here is the link:

i like the 2 blue ones.

I'd rather use a stock dell mouse than own a razer.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 21:22 

[quote]thanks guys. By the way, I've seen Razer(or was it tarantula) mouse with infrared technology at 1800DPI, i read about it on the net and apparently it's one of the best and most sensitive.

thoughts?

here is the link:

i like the 2 blue ones.

I'd rather use a stock dell mouse than own a razer.

what is the razor such a bad thing?

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 22:02 

Logitech elitism perhaps? Personally I dont think wireless mice are too bad as long as you have the receiver close to the actual mouse, if you have a keyboard tray, tape it under your desk so it sits close to the mouse.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 22:06 

more august purchase, i got 2 mouses, a Microsoft Laser 800 becau eiliked the mouse and wated the Blutooth adapter, plus i also got the Razer Lachesis 4000 dpi wired mouse, a kick ass X-Tac (Rpper XXL) massive mouse pad that cover my entire desk, and last a Vanilla scented candle :) ...ops, i forgot to mention the Razor mouse pad in the background, it comes with a wrist rest, but it turned out i prefer the X-Trac instead.

i'm still debating weather i should use the MS wireless mouse(1000 dpi) or the Razor 4000 dpi wired mouse.

my wife is using the wireless G9 at the moment, so im not sure if it's better than the Razor. I miht end up buying the G9 tomorrow....btw, the G9 at 4000 dpi is insanely sensative) and fast in motion.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 22:08 

Logitech elitism perhaps? Personally I dont think wireless mice are too bad as long as you have the receiver close to the actual mouse, if you have a keyboard tray, tape it under your desk so it sits close to the mouse.

are you saying that a wireless Logitech or Microsoft mouse at 1000 dpi close the base is good enough for gaming?

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 22:37 

I game with a Corded optical mouse 3000 from microsoft with 1000dpi, I do pretty well, I honestly don't really understand the huge supposed advantage of 2000-3000dpi mice. As long as your receiver isn't in the back of your computer, put on a cord relatively close to the mouse I imagine it should be relatively fine, 2.4ghz interference could cause problems but as long as you aren't planning on huge lan parties or very competitive gaming, I can't see the problem of a wireless mouse, I was actually looking at the g7 a while back when it was on sale for 50 on newegg.

Then again I have gamed with ball mice and crappy optical mice before along with many other varieties and haven't had issues.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 23:09 

...a kick ass X-Tac (Rpper XXL) massive mouse pad that cover my entire desk...
Next they'll be making a Wii mouse to go with it. Just don't knock your KB off the desk when you hit those forehand slams! LOL

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 19:03 

I have Logitech G7 wireless mouse and love it to bits and pieces, but the battery is ridiculous because it dies within 24 hours, so i have to swap to the other charging pack(it comes with 2 rechargable batteries).

I also used the MX Revolution, good battery, but it's heavy and bulky!

i'm looking for a wireless mouse with at least 2000dpi.

I love the Logitech G9 mouse, but it's wired, i know a wireless version is in the works, but nothing so far, and i can't wait any longer.

so what do you guys recommend for wireless gaming mouse?

marwan,

I love my G7 and wouldn't trade it for anything. At least if you run out of battery, you'll always have a ready pack to put in (I can do a swap in ~5 secs). I hate the newer Logitech wireless with non-removable batteries. If you run out in the middle of something, you're SOL and have to wait for it to charge up again. I bought an extra G7 just so if they ever dis-continue it, I'll still have a spare.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 19:14 

I don't see why you'd run out of batteries in the middle of something. Any Logitech mouse with non-replaceable batteries last 5-14 days a charge, so leave it charged overnight if you really think you need it the next day. >_>