Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 11:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 08:20 

No, not end of story.

I have purchased this:

At this point (pun intended) in time, this mouse is such a jump in performance from anything I have experience or expected.

I have played UT2004 and have had no noticable lag at this stage. I will keep this thread posted if that changes.

The weight, shape and button are absolutely beautiful to use.

Very happy camper.

EDIT - AT LAST I AM FREE FROM FRIGGIN CORDS FOR MY MOUSE! YAY! :D

EDIT 2 - It looks and feels sooooooo sexy with my all black system! I will pwn you allzors!111

EDIT3 - OMFGZORS!111 You can (with the installation of UberOptions) assign keyboard strokes, to all programs, or a single game, to each of the button or functions, which in practicle terms means tehre are:

6 buttond on top
5 Buttons of the side!

PHWOAR!111

The mouse buttons, all 11 of them can be programmed customised to do different things for each individual program that you computer has. Incredible! The thumb wheel is so so so so handy. I only EVER have to touch my keyboard now when I am typing text. THe mouse has everyother conceiviabubble function that I can imagine.

Man, now this is my mouse! What a BEAST!

**I still got my eye peeled for any lag issues.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 10:54 

No, not end of story.

I have purchased this:

At this point (pun intended) in time, this mouse is such a jump in performance from anything I have experience or expected.

I have played UT2004 and have had no noticable lag at this stage. I will keep this thread posted if that changes.

The weight, shape and button are absolutely beautiful to use.

Very happy camper.

dude, you are killing me :( please read this post i posted regarding the MX mouse...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/

i lost the USB wireless adapter and now my mouse won't work without it, even though i have a Logitech G7 wireless mouse, the wireless adapter on the G7 doesnt work with the MX.

is there anyway i can buy the MX adapter from without buying the mouse all over again?

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 12:46 

I am sure if you ask Logitech nicely they will send you one.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 17:35 
Founder
Founder

dude, you are killing me Sad please read this post i posted regarding the MX mouse...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/

i lost the USB wireless adapter and now my mouse won't work without it, even though i have a Logitech G7 wireless mouse, the wireless adapter on the G7 doesnt work with the MX.

is there anyway i can buy the MX adapter from without buying the mouse all over again?

Didn't you already make another post about this already?

Anyways, congratulations on that beast of a mouse! How much did it end up costing you? That's one of the things that annoys me about the first G5's, not enough buttons!!

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 18:23 

I am waiting for Logitech release the gamer version of the MX Revolution; I was deadset on that mouse for a while, but decided to get a Razer DeathAdder instead.

I held it at couple stores, it has an awesome shape to it, and the wheel on side is really nice.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 22:16 

What are people's experience and knowledge on the use of Cordless mouse in games? Is there lag? Is there less repsone?

I am a twitch gamer (UT2004) and any lag or slowdown of the signal getting from mouse to PC is not good.

That is why I have refrained from going to cordless, but I think that technology should be better by now.

What do you think?

I have tried going cordless with Logitech and MS mouse's and was horribly let down with the tech thats out.Gaming was frustrating,and
I'll never go back,way too much lag...Corded FTW !!! 8)

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2007, 01:41 

Well the MX REVOLUTION SO FAR:

The mouse has no lag that eveyone is talking about, but it does have what I will call INTERFERENCE to the signal, between the mouse and the reciever which means instructions do not get received, which can be...no IS frustratin in game.

I think it will also happen with any cordless. However, I don't think this is a "HECK LETS DITCH THE MOUSE" I think there is a better solution, a potential one whereby if the signal interference can be eliminated, then the mouse will be fine, no worries mate! She'll be right!

So, I have moved the reciever to the front of my PC and have not yet had any problems. If I do run into more interfenence, then I will put the receiver on a USB Extension cord, and stick the reciever LITTERALLY DIRECTLY under the mouse pad under the desk. If that does't work, then I guess I gotta think of another position. I will not be giving up on this mouse. No Sir-E.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2007, 02:08 

Anyways, congratulations on that beast of a mouse! How much did it end up costing you? That's one of the things that annoys me about the first G5's, not enough buttons!!

Yes, the more buttons the better. In FPS you use your left hand to move, and if you take fingers off the move buttons then you are an easy target. Thus if you have more buttons on the mouse, means you can nearly always be moving.

The mouse cost me a total of in AU$120 (inc shipping). Street value is AU$115.00 (exc shipping), straight from Logitech is US$99 (AU$123.00 exc shipping).

Very happy. My work mouse feel so "fake and plastic now", light and delicate compared to my Roles Royce of a mouse. :D

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2007, 09:50 
Editors
Editors

I haven't read the whole thread yet. Just noticed we have some MX Revolution users. I have one too and wanted to give you a tip on a mod for the driver. Logitechs driver sucks. It doesn't let you customize all the buttons. For example there is only a few pre-defined bindings for the thumbwheel. There is a mod you apply over the existing driver that lets you program all the buttons. I have tried it and it has worked great for me so far. There are a bunch of pre-defined and you can have your own keystrokes.

And finally the link:
http://www.mstarmetro.net/~rlowens/uberOptions/

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2007, 11:45 

And finally the link:
http://www.mstarmetro.net/~rlowens/uberOptions/

Way ahead of you Trumman, but thanks for looking out for me.

UberOptions rock bumbiscuits!

Tell me, how is your signal interference, you having any? Where is your USB Dongle positioned?

Mine is at front of my PC, soon to be right under my mouse pad under the desk if I have any probs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next