Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Jul 2024, 00:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2011, 15:21 

Hello,

i have some major problems with playing on NVIDIA Surround right now.

Recently i changed my system from Windows Vista x64 (Matrox TripleHead2Go digital) to Windows 7 x64 (NVIDIA Surround 2D NOT 3D). I did a clean Installation (NO Upgrade) but now i have some problems at hand.

1. MAJOR PROBLEM - Every game i start crashes after a while of playing. it stubbed from time to time and goes black or back to desktop then back to game. that happens a lot and finally it crashes the system completly (not only the running application). It's like the driver just freezes i can't even start the task manager. There is no difference in starting a game in windowed modus or fullscreen (vsync on or off doesn't matter either)
I tried it on three different games so far (Mass Effect 1 / Mass Effect 2 / Dawn of War II) ME 1&2 are running better then DOW (i assume due to the Unreal Engine wich do not support triple screen resolutions). But even with ME the problem stays it just takes a little bit longer to happen.

2. MINOR PROBLEM - NVIDIA Surround semes to have a problem with changing the size of application in windows. Every time i change the size of a window (the IE for example) the Win7 change from aero theme to default and i get a message the driver software stoped working and has recoverd.
-> I found a workaround for this problem using the PowerDesk Suite from Matrox. I can now only maximize images by duble click on the top. That is not quite what i wanted but it's better than not maximizing at all. And i can decide if i want to maximize across all three displays or just on one.

I tried the 266.58 WHQL and the 270.52 BETA driver so far but the problem is on both. With the beta driver the problem is even worst.
After all this is a driver problem. Does someone knows a workaround for this problem or is there an official NVIDIA solution for this? Maybe an older driver that works fine?

Thank you all for your help

(I posted the same problem on the NVIDIA help forum)