Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Sep 2024, 05:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 08:10 

What the hell? I downloaded the links you've provided, Win7 x64, and it still says no hardware detected. Am I missing something other than the software? I've got surround enabled, no bezel correction running at 4800 x 2560. Was there something I'm suppose to do prior to installing the software?

Post subject: Been over a year since I
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 01:59 

Been over a year since I installed Matrox PowerDesk so not sure if I did anything different.

After extracting the files I see I have

PDESK64.msi
Setup.exe

Try running PDESK64.msi by itself, sometimes the setup.exe is a wrapper that checks for minimum requirements (like if you actually have the hardware).

Otherwise I am baffled!

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 13:36 

It might have to do with your resolution. I have 3 24" screens for my NSurround setup. The resolutions of those monitors are 1920x1200. When I place those monitors in landscape-mode I can use the Powerdesk software (although I can't use the besel-corrected-resolution as my bezels are to thin for Powerdesk). But when I placed my setup in portrait mode I got the same error from Powerdesk as you are getting. I assume there is a limit to the vertical resolution.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 15:18 

Thanks for the info maxhunt. I've been racking my brain over this. After a while, I gave up and found alternative solutions to my problems. I'm currently using a program called splitview that can at least divide the desktop windows into 3 equal parts and use alt + arrow keys to move them to any of the 3 monitors in equal sizes and it does a good job for what I need it for. I can even maximize a window on just that particular monitor instead of spanning across all 3. As for the start menu, its still far left and I can't do anything about that. But I made a quick launch tool bar and docked it right next to the start button and moved the minimized windows towards the center monitor. These are the only alternative solutions I can find and I'm happy with the results.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 01:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Powerdesk has been keyed to detect a Matrox product in order to be used now. This didn't use to be the case. It's been like that now for at least a year now though. I have a spare Th2G Digital just sitting around so I plugged it in to bypass the hardware detection issues I have for Eyefinity and Surround use.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 17:54 

Powerdesk has been keyed to detect a Matrox product in order to be used now. This didn't use to be the case. It's been like that now for at least a year now though. I have a spare Th2G Digital just sitting around so I plugged it in to bypass the hardware detection issues I have for Eyefinity and Surround use.

If that's the case, it hasn't stopped me from using it. I recently switched from AMD to Nvidia and I find PowerDesk far more functional than Hydravision ever was - I can actually do a simple double-click maximize without having the window span the entire monitor array. As for getting it to work (Win7), I just downloaded the program off their website, installed it, then setup my borders like I did with Hydravision. Didn't have to go through a wizard or anything like that.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 01:32 

Might wanna take a look at winsplit , very simple utility that will split ypur desktop in any number of sections in my case and yours 3 but can be any number really.