Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Oct 2024, 17:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012, 15:12 

Hello all, first of all, apologies if this has been done to death already!

Ive just delved into a multi monitor set up with 3x LG D2342 LCD 3D monitors and 2x GTX 580 3GBs running in Sli but I am having a problem with FSX. The resolution is set on the desk top and within FSX at 5760x1080 but when I load up FSX in the virtual cockpit the standard 1 monitor display is stretched across the 3 monitors so everything is massive and I cant see much even when zoomed out at the maximum .30 fsx allows. This is not the affect I was going for. Can anyone explain how I go about this using my setup or will I have to invest in a triplehead2go?

The attached picture should hopefully show what Im looking at.

Edit: I should say I have already changed the FSX.cfg to show WideViewAspect=True but this hasnt helped and my latest NV drivers are the latest from the NV website
Thanks

Dan

Attached files

Post subject: I don't know anything
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2012, 10:28 
Insiders
Insiders

I don't know anything personally about FSX, but I know nVidia surround itself is not creating the problem. You'd be getting this issue on any other multi-monitor platform.
The only thing I can think of is looking at theDetailed Report.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2012, 17:22 

Hi :)
That screenshot doesn't look stretched!!!!
But yeah, it does look over zoomed :(
And I have the same problem???

I do also play the new M$ Flight and it doesn't have this problem :rockout

my first post on here :)

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 13:53 

Your screenshot shows that you are not on true Surround Mode. Instead of a panorama view you have the "regular" single screen stretched.
Open your NVidia control panel and Go through the full CONFIG cycle for SLI (Make certain that monitors are attached as shown in the diagram also). The Config block is a bit confusing. You may have checked that "widescreen" or "full" (Whatever it is) instead of the SLI choice. If done correctly, you will arrange/identify monitors, set resolution, and set bezel correction (if desired).
Hope this helps

Post subject: Streched screen in FSX
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 08:10 

Hello all,

i have a new eyefinity setup (single Sapphire 6870) with three 24 inch monitors and try set up FSX on it. Same as danielw2599 i get a stretched view which is unusable. I like to setup a surround view at 5760x1080. Also cannot zoom out a lot because everyting is so massive. I already changed the fsx config file like danielw2599. Is there something i missed? Is there anyone who can help me with surround spanning in FSX.

Thanks guys.

Post subject: This solution worked for
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 14:42 

This solution worked for me.......reinstalled fsx and changed than the config file..