Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 13 Jul 2024, 08:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 May 2014, 14:07 

Q1. Is the Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5 suitable for 780 Ti Sli, will it do the same job as using a normal sized atx. Everything ive read up on the sniper m5 tells me its an outstanding motherboard but it is micro so i just wanted to get a 2nd opinion on it, im afraid i cant afford the sniper 5, it is either the sniper M5 or Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H. I will be using corsair 750D or cm storm trooper but im not worried about using a micro atx in it, i would think a micro atx would free up more space allowing better airflow

Q2. Ive read that there are a lot of issues with Sli, but i would think 2x 780 Ti's would be better than one, especially for Nvidia Surround. How does the Vram scale up?
My plan would be to use a single 780 Ti 3GB with 3 monitors (Dell UltraSharp U2414H) at 5760x1080. And in 6 months to a year i will upgrade to 2x 780 Ti 3GB when they reduce in price.

Q3. Is there any speculation as to what the price of the GTX 780 Ti 6GB will be, over here in the UK, what were the prices of the Titan etc when they came out on day 1. Would i be loosing a lot of money if i were to purchase 1x 780 Ti 3GB now and another in a year when its cheaper compared to the price the 780 Ti 6Gb will be when it does come out on day 1.

Q4. Will the GTX 780 Ti 6GB be such a vast improvement over 780 Ti 3GB or is a single 780 Ti 3GB vs SLI be a better choice for Nvidia Surround 5760x1080.

Q5. Ive read so many posts with Eyefinity vs Nvidia Surround but they are outdated and im sure there have been some improvements since so at this very moment in 2014, is one better than the other to use. i have seen many posts pulling amd cards down when used in corssfire with their overheating and loud noises.
Thanks a bunch