Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 06:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 00:49 

Multi-Monitor resolutions aren't showing up in the game menu and I don't see a config file anywhere. Anyone had any luck getting this game to work with miltiple monitors?

Post subject: Looks simply fantatsic
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 00:05 
Editors
Editors

Looks simply fantatsic helifax :twothumb , thanks a lot for posting this solution, have you checked my PM ? Cheers.

Post subject: yupp!
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 01:26 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi,

Yes! Unfortunately I don't know why I cannot upload the archive :( it just saying is uploading and than no attachment:( So I upload it temporarly to MegaUpload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0PW3YKEW
In the future I will look how to make it permanent here!

Best Regards,
Helifax

PS: I know is not good as other fixes around here...but I have to start from somewhere:)) so please excuse me for my "long (not optimal )" fix.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Yupp!
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 01:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello,

Yes after meddling for a couple of days with the game (because it is coop and I can play it with my wife...and me ofc needing 3D Vision Surround) I managed to fix the game to an amount that lets you to actually play the game... and the game looks absolutely FABULOUS in 3D Surround!!!!!

Before a tell you my "un-orthodox " fix I will let you have some screenshot:

YES you saw correctly that some screenshots have a wrong aspect ratio. We will get to that in a second, in the solution part!

And now the technical part
- The game uses the very old "Dark Alliance Engine[1]" engine which is Vert- (almost 12 years old) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Alliance_Engine
- There is no multi monitor resolution available from the ingame menu.
- There are no config files to tweak that allows you multi-monitor configs.
- Since looks like a console port probably we can understand the limited menu and other things console specific.
- DirectX 9 title.

The fixed is based on the ALI123 (THK) or some Chinese EXE fix so it might work or not on the STEAM version, etc. (I personally don't try memory editing on steam games, because I don't want to loose my steam account with more than 150 games...)

The fix:

Files included:
- Cheat Engine table.
- Toggle rescale trainer. (for the menu, inventory navigation). This trainer is recommended for the following resolution: 5040x1050(Sorry but I cannot go higher than this resolution).

1. Load the table in Cheat Engine.
2. Start the game and get to the main menu ( The one that shows Lord of the Rings.etc... Press Start button, etc...)
3. ALT+TAB to cheat engine and attach it to the game.
4. Freeze the "Width & Height" values. Insert your resolution.
5. In the "Hud rescale" enter your Aspect ratio and lock the value (This will correctly rescale your health, mana & energy bars to the middle screen )
6. The last value leave it unchanged.
7. Load the provided trainer.
8. ALT+TAB to the game and press ENTER. You will now be in the "Party selection dialog". If everything went OK you will have the image spanned on 3 monitors and everything looks zoomed.
9. Press the key "1" on your keyboard. It will rescale the whole hud elements to fit the screen (while the aspect ratio will be messed up).
10. Start a game
11. ALT+TAB to cheat engine again & go to "memory view"
12. Select the Auto Assembly (CTRL+A) and paste the following code:
Code:
alloc(newmem,2048) //2kb should be enough
   label(returnhere)
   label(originalcode)
   label(exit)

newmem:
   mov [eax+08],40060A92 //120 degrees field of view
   fstp dword ptr [eax+10]
   fld dword ptr [ecx+2C]
   originalcode:
   exit:
   jmp returnhere
   "witn.exe"+25C986:
   jmp newmem
   nop
   returnhere:

13. Hit execute and close memory view.
14. ALT+TAB to game. If everything went OK you will have a new field of view (while the aspect ratio is still messed up)
15. Press the "2" key on your keyboard to revert to a correct aspect ratio.
16. Play the game.

I chose to use the trainer to toggle between fit the screen (stretched image) and correct aspect ratio with VERT- thing, because you will need it to navigate menus, dialogues and inventory.

17. After this use the "1" key to scale the whole image to fit the screen( for menus and inventory) and "2" to actually play the game.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 02:14 
Editors
Editors

I'll create a DR tomorrow, thx again helifax. 8)

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 15:59 
Editors
Editors

Detailed Report created and promoted to front page, thanks a lot to helifx for the multi-mon solution, plus for providing all the screenshots that were used in the DR. :twothumb

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 11:43 

Great work! Lemme know if your in gothenburg and i will buy you a cupcake!

Post subject: 3d
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2011, 09:22 

Thanks for multimon solution!I have a problem when i start 3d vision screen zoom in how to fix this?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 18:55 
Insiders
Insiders

I had no problems running the game in 3D surround or 2D surround... make sure the fix is actually working;))
The main menu is zoomed in (background) I know. Didn't had the time to fix that also.

Post subject: A little help...
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2012, 04:04 
I Donated
I Donated

Sorry to ask such a detailed question, but I've tried for an hour to figure this out, but not having any luck. Can you please, please explain in a little more deatil how you do this? I have some questions below if you have time to answer them... Thanks!!!

1. Load the table in Cheat Engine.
2. Start the game and get to the main menu ( The one that shows Lord of the Rings.etc... Press Start button, etc...)
3. ALT+TAB to cheat engine and attach it to the game.
- I see where you can select the process, but is this what you mean by "attach it to the game?"

4. Freeze the "Width & Height" values. Insert your resolution.
- What do your mean "freeze" the values? I see where I can put "X" mark beside these lines, but how do I freeze them & then enter the W & H values?

5. In the "Hud rescale" enter your Aspect ratio and lock the value (This will correctly rescale your health, mana & energy bars to the middle screen )
- I see the hud rescale line just below H & W lines, but are you actually enetering a value to that line? Like right click & it asks you for a value? How do you put in 16:9? Where are the W/H/Ratio values eneterd?

6. The last value leave it unchanged.
7. Load the provided trainer.
- How do you do this?

8. ALT+TAB to the game and press ENTER. You will now be in the "Party selection dialog". If everything went OK you will have the image spanned on 3 monitors and everything looks zoomed.
9. Press the key "1" on your keyboard. It will rescale the whole hud elements to fit the screen (while the aspect ratio will be messed up).
10. Start a game
11. ALT+TAB to cheat engine again & go to "memory view"
12. Select the Auto Assembly (CTRL+A) and paste the following code:
Code:
alloc(newmem,2048) //2kb should be enough
label(returnhere)
label(originalcode)
label(exit)

newmem:
mov [eax+08],40060A92 //120 degrees field of view
fstp dword ptr [eax+10]
fld dword ptr [ecx+2C]
originalcode:
exit:
jmp returnhere
"witn.exe"+25C986:
jmp newmem
nop
returnhere:

13. Hit execute and close memory view.
14. ALT+TAB to game. If everything went OK you will have a new field of view (while the aspect ratio is still messed up)
15. Press the "2" key on your keyboard to revert to a correct aspect ratio.
16. Play the game.
I chose to use the trainer to toggle between fit the screen (stretched image) and correct aspect ratio with VERT- thing, because you will need it to navigate menus, dialogues and inventory.
17. After this use the "1" key to scale the whole image to fit the screen( for menus and inventory) and "2" to actually play the game.

I think I can get the rest....

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |