Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Aug 2024, 16:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2012, 05:54 

I'm having a hard time getting Skyrim to follow Bezel Compensation rules that I setup in the Catalyst Control Center. This is the only game so far that doesn't seem to follow the rules that I've setup. I'm running 3 matching Asus 24" monitors at an eyefinity resolution of 5760x1080. I've got a Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2 GB Card. When I opened Skyrim, it pulls up the settings screen and automatically adjusts it to Ultra settings. When I look at the Resolution it's set to 4:3 or 5:4 and the resolution box is blank. When I click the Resolution drop down, there is nothing to select. I opened the SkyrimPrefs.ini file and the iSize is set to match the desktop. I've got my Bezel Compensation setup for my Eyefinity group in the Control Center.

Any ideas on why it's not following the Bezel rules? It's driving me crazy to have it off like that. I don't know if running it through Steam might be impacting it? I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

EDIT: So I finally figured out what was wrong. I thought I was supposed to be matching the game to my desktop resolution. I went back into the SkyrimPrefs.ini and changed the resolution to 6044x1080. Tried the game again and this time it worked really well. I will say that using the Flawless Widescreen fixer made a huge difference in this game. I'd highly recommend it to anyone that wants to play on a triple setup.