Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 11:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 May 2012, 18:11 

Here's my new setup.

FullScreen

Two computers ; one in Eyefinity and the up one is a 3Dvision (my games are taking a new life with this rig)

It took me a while to create this. 4screen "wallpaper". with the original picture below

For the eyefinity rig it was simple i just put it as my wallpaper and it automatically resize it like you see above.

My custom res is 6048x1080 with bezel compensation.

So i decide to keep as it. I'd just centered it better with a basic photo soft.

My real difficulty was to crop the same picture and make it as my wallpaper for my fourth screen (up one) and calculate the bezel
compensation. This stage was "hard" for me, because i'm a "noob" with photo editor software.

Here is the picture that i put as my wallpaper four my up screen.

And i'm finally quite satisfied with my job. Feel free to give me yours comments... I will appreciate.

Now if someone has better "skills" in photo editor. I've got a little challenge for him to make the same with those others pictures?

Here are the ones i would like first ;-)

First :

FullScreen

Second :

FullScreen

Of course i'm available for more info.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PostPosted: 14 May 2012, 00:25 
Editors
Editors

Too bad my 5870's can only run 3 monitors at a time or I would have to do the same thing :D

I like it.

If I was you I would produce just some gridline images or similar and find where they meet up and then you can use that as a base to edit your images to fit perfectly.

Nobody could really edit images for you without having your system since bezel comp is in play, distance between monitors, etc, etc.

Post subject: i got a program called
PostPosted: 14 May 2012, 01:12 

i got a program called displayfusion it does alot of the same stuff automatically plus thats extra nice if you like to change it up alot

also id like your input on this page since we seem to have identical goals (as far as screen placement)

http://www.wsgf.org/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/amd-eyefinity-discussions/21556/fun-questions-feel-free-speculate

thx

PostPosted: 27 May 2012, 12:44 

Vicious, i will like to tell you that you are THE MAN that inspire me to build this setup. Don't laugh at me !
I think your don't know it, but your setup is famous in our country. Just see the article below, published on one of our "big" computer press editor...

http://www.presence-pc.com/actualite/photoreportages/127-multi-ecran-configurations.html. Your setup is @ pos #9..
Congratulations for that !

Too bad my 5870's can only run 3 monitors at a time or I would have to do the same thing :D

Yes ! do it. I was in your case with my HD5770 Crossfire, thinking that it would be so cool to have 4 monitors and 6 laters...
After thnking of buying a new high performance graphic card like 7970 or GTX680, I finally change my way because prices of that products are just "insane"... So, i build a new rig and put my bucks in a 3D lcd monitor, a 256 Go SSD, and a GTX550ti and all that cost me less than one GTX 680 !

And i think it's the good way. The benefit of having an independant computer connected to one screen is there. Because you can enjoy console gaming (for me it's an xbox not a wii like u Vicious) while browsing walkthrough (yes i need them !). And i don't have to switch on my "gas plant" in french we say "usine à gaz just to read my mails....

And the more, is that '3D' is just fantastic, there are so many games in my collection running fine and finally don't need so much performance. I'm so surprise to see how my games run so smooth wit the GTX card... The only thing that is annoying is two keyboards but maybe there is a solution for that... (i will try Multiplicity from Stardock later)

If I was you I would produce just some gridline images or similar and find where they meet up and then you can use that as a base to edit your images to fit perfectly.

Thanks. Grid ! That's a good idea i will test that sooner.

I did it for the second picture "Anya" with my first method and i syncrhonize the wallpapers...

i got a program called displayfusion

Thanks fo the tips. I know this software is really helpfull. But as i said this is two pc's...

also id like your input on this page since we seem to have identical goals (as far as screen placement)

Thanks. I read your really interesting post about your 4 screens setup and it confirms me that i made the good choice with two pc's and four screens. Please read me above